Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nouwrein, is that Spain's crown-princess in your avatar? I think so, but I'm not sure.

What a beautiful wedding.

Firstly, the bride looked so beautiful. The dress, the makeup, the tiara and jewels. She looked f - a - n - t - a - s - t - i - c ! :wub:

I think Marie and Joachim will have a really great life together, seeing Joachim shedding tears and just it all, it was breathtaking, I think they truly, really love each other. This is my favourite part of the wedding, omg, the most beautiful moment captured on TV of all times. SERIOUSLY, have a look at it if you havn't seen it yet, it's Joachim reaction when Marie walks into the church, and the way he then decides to interact with his boys to keep the tears away. WATCH IT ! Here it is: TV 2 Kongelig - Prins Joachim fældede en tåre, scroll down and there is a video, press on the "play" button.

The guests .. :rolleyes:
Mary: Beautiful
Marie's mother, Francoise : Really french elegant, loves the satin fabric, and the gold color, she looked very elegant
Queen Margrethe : Not too fond of that shade of pink, nevertheless, she looked, as always, regal, creative, lively, original, and extremely good for her age.
Tatiana Blatnik, Prince Nikolaos' fiancée : WOW ! Stunning color, stunning shape !
CP Mette: Nice, like a fairytale princess, imo.
Princess Martha-Louise: Like the dress and the colors, however the shape of what she wore OVER the dress made it all look a little pathetic. The hair was NOT good.
Victoria: Sweet, but borring.
Alexandra S-W-B : love the purple dress and clutch, however what was with that silvery glittery thing she wore over ? Looked like something off Saturday Night Fever !
Carina : Sweet, but she has looked better.

My winner of the day is [ except Marie ], is . . . . . Tatiana Blatnik, for me anyway :flowers:

Marie made a lovey bride.

Mary looked stunning, by far the best of all the ladies.
Loved the colour of the Queen's dress.

What a beautiful wedding.

Firstly, the bride looked so beautiful. The dress, the makeup, the tiara and jewels. She looked f - a - n - t - a - s - t - i - c ! :wub:

I think Marie and Joachim will have a really great life together, seeing Joachim shedding tears and just it all, it was breathtaking, I think they truly, really love each other. This is my favourite part of the wedding, omg, the most beautiful moment captured on TV of all times. SERIOUSLY, have a look at it if you havn't seen it yet, it's Joachim reaction when Marie walks into the church, and the way he then decides to interact with his boys to keep the tears away. WATCH IT ! Here it is: TV 2 Kongelig - Prins Joachim fældede en tåre, scroll down and there is a video, press on the "play" button.

Are you trying to keep me crying, this part is just so sweet and emotional that I could just watch it a million times and still be touched enough to feel tears burning in my eyes :rolleyes: Thanks so much for posting it though :flowers: I was just wondering has anyone seen a picture of that part where he's trying to keep himself from crying by interacting with the boys? My favourite part of any wedding I've seen so far. :wub:
I think they will definitely have a wonderful life together, they look so happy and in love. can't wait to see their first child ;)
I just wanted to thank everyone for all the videos, picture and watching it online together. I absolutely loved it :flowers::flowers:

Ladies, forgive my ignorance, but who is Carina? In what way is she related to the royals as I have understood she is not a royal herself.

Carina is the girlfriend of Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Along with Prince Nikolaos' girlfriend Tatiana Blatnik, she's one of the few to be invited to family occasions like this one without actually being engaged or married into the family. I suppose they can do it like this, with these two and not Victoria's boyfriend Daniel, because there would be a different set of expectations if Victoria appeared with Daniel at at royal wedding. :whistling:

And although I'm loath to contradict the well-known fashionista, Madame Royale, (whose opinion I eagerly seek out on these boards on all matters sartorial, especially) I thought that CP Mary's dress was quite wonderful. I think that I've noted before that CP Mary is one of the few women in the world whose contemporary wardrobe is often in the vanguard of fashion. From what I recall from the recently concluded Fashion Weeks around the world, frills, furbelows and flounces will be on everything before too long.

Gainsay all you like, Polly. Your opinion is as valid as mine and I like to hear your thoughts as I'm certain a great many do...:flowers:

With the Crown Princess, there is a certain guise which best illustrates her striking subtelty and this just happens to be one example which does her, in overall effect, little justice as is my personal, and perhaps professional opinion. However, the colour is delicate and encouraged natural rouging and of course a fitted bodice is what's encouraged, and should be observed, for a woman in her mid-thirties. Not omitting Mary's lovely waist and reasonable bust which of course enables her to sport such apparel.

Blues are expected to play across all tones in the coming season so the opted colour is perfectly harmonised.

Last edited:
I missed pic of Tatiana Blatnik. How she looks like?

Beautiful bride (Marie' s dress is now my favourite royal bridal dress :wub:) and a moving prince . A beautiful couple indeed :flowers:.

Princess Mary was lovely .
Princess Victoria boring as usual ...:bang:

Princess Mette Marit's gown was not so beautiful but Mette was the most beautiful woman of the wedding, by far .:rolleyes:

Princess Märtha-Louise is very pretty but I've never liked her fashion sense : no elegance at all, at least to my mind .

Anyway, a wonderful wedding .:flowers:

Carina is the girlfriend of Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. Along with Prince Nikolaos' girlfriend Tatiana Blatnik, she's one of the few to be invited to family occasions like this one without actually being engaged or married into the family. I suppose they can do it like this, with these two and not Victoria's boyfriend Daniel, because there would be a different set of expectations if Victoria appeared with Daniel at at royal wedding. :whistling:

Thank you norwegianne for explaining. What a pitty for Victoria that she can't take her boyfriend to such official events. I am sure she misses him in occasions like this.

Ladies, forgive my ignorance, but who is Carina? In what way is she related to the royals as I have understood she is not a royal herself.

Carina is a companion to Princess Mary - I think she is almost a LIW. They've been photographed together in London, where Mary has taken refuge from the gossips from time to time in Carina's apartment there ...

Carina is a companion to Princess Mary - I think she is almost a LIW. They've been photographed together in London, where Mary has taken refuge from the gossips from time to time in Carina's apartment there ...
No that's not true. She's not something like a LIW.

It has been explained before that Carina is the girlfriend of Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein, Son of Princess Benedikte (sister of Queen Margreth II) and Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein. That's how Carina and Mary know each other. She's not companion of the CP.

wedding banquet

where can we see pictures of the wedding banquet?

Princess Marie is my favourite royal bride !

The tiara, the earrings, the tan, the hair, the smile, the face, the veil, the DRESS, the white bouquet.

;)

where can we see pictures of the wedding banquet?

No press was invited to the banquet - so no pictures of the wedding waltz. :ermm:

This one is so cute!!!!!:)

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Cat

I love this picture. Thank you so much for posting it. Mary, Frederik and Nikolai looks very concerned about Felix being asleep. It's one of the more direct pictures I've seen with Mary having contact with Felix and Nikolai.

Last edited:
Marie great gown:wub: but invisible tiara on er vail.

Mary nice dress but why she almost always wear this tiara like this time?

Margrethe once again in pink.

Victoria nice dress but not this tiara!

MetteMarit why she wore this tiara? not amethyst!

MartaLuise nice dress and radiant lady. Maybe she should take another base on her tiara.

Ari why he wore these boots?!

Benedikte and AnneMarie well... Benedikte remind me ictoria's green dress from Fred's wedding. AnneMarie do something with her hair.

Alexandra nice. First when I saw her on some photo she looks pregnant but she's not.

Alexia too tight dress, I think.

Theodora elegant.

Carina yellow dress little strange ...with tiara.

Last edited:
im not a huge fan of her dress actually the top lace part and the neckline are lovely but its the skirt i dont like and the way it sits at her waist. the veil was very pretty and simple but you cant see the tiara because of the way her hair sits to high behind it (mary had the same problem at her wedding) the tiara should be the highest point not your hairdo rising above it.

Other guests
Mary - pretty dress maybe if she had worn a better colour than ice blue/silver but its the hair problem again its too severe
Mette-Marit - brilliant dress and lovely look (its the best ive seen her in ages)
Martha - nice dress for someone who is pregnant
Victoria - loved this on her everything worked well (she really has updated her image to be more young and modern)

No press was invited to the banquet - so no pictures of the wedding waltz. :ermm:

I love this picture. Thank you so much for posting it. Mary, Frederik and Nikolai looks very concerned about Felix being asleep. It's one of the more direct pictures I've seen with Mary having contact with Felix and Nikolai.
Maybe they were afraid the little guy might fall off his chair.:eek:

I adored Marie's wedding dress, simple, elegant, with that fairy tale quality we all love so much. Mary was lovely in her blue ruffles and the Desiree ruby tiara, one of the few ladies I have ever seen, royal or otherwise, who can pull off this style with panache. As always, Queen Margrethe displayed her bold, daring fashion sense, though a bit toned down. The men were handsome, the kids adorable and the tears touching. It is so nice to see men with no fear of showing their emotions. Though I missed the live feed, I have enjoyed all the photos and videos everyone has posted and thank you all for doing so.

Two weddings in as many weeks has truly spoiled me. Who's next?:flowers:

Cat

I have to say that Marie's wedding dress was lovely, in the royal tradition but modern. She didn't have a super long train and she adhered to the longer sleeves. But she kept it at a good length for her petite frame. I absolutely adore her veil. I think Marie's wedding look is right up there with the best of them.

My only problem with the veil was that it obscured the tiara, just as Mary's did.

Cat

Back
Top Bottom