Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not bigger then Alexandra's. I think it looks only so in some of the pictures because of the embrodery on the veil. Alexandra's got one of the biggest tiaras of the danish RF even bigger and higher then most of Queen Margrethe's tiaras, perhpas apart from the ruby tiara.

I ment "big" as much diamonds on it. There are a lot of royal tiaras which are grand but they don't have a lot jewels on it. And then there are some tiaras which are small but really massive. These ones are more expensive than the wannabe bigs. And then of course there are some which are big and massive. They are the best ones :lol:
Alexandras tiara was very filigree, Maries is more present.

What I forgot to say: I loved Maries hair and veil.

Last edited:

Yes, I do think the cut of the dress was flattering but the dress did not seem spectacular or unique in any way. My mom and sister in law both got married in inexpensive off the rack dresses that looked very similar to Marie's.

Simple but flattering worked for them but I've gotten used to royals doing their wedding dresses a little bit differently than the rest of us so Marie's dress seemed ordinary and not royal. That's not a criticism of the dress; just an observation. The one criticism about the dress I do have is that this particular shade of white was not flattering to her skin tone. I think she needed a brighter white to show off her tan.

I loved her earrings and tiara though.

Couldn't agree more.

The bouquet though, as others already pointed out, was nice (didn't like the colors really) but didn't fit the bridal outfit or occasion.

No one though as far as I've seen has mentioned how handsome the groom looked! Gotta say from the interview with him, it's underlined yet again how intellectual a person he seems to be..in that sense, his choice in women really juxtaposes that, but then again, I do not know these people personally. Marie seems nice and she's a beauty obviously but she doesn't seem that interesting a person..but then again, that might well be just how Joachim likes it! :flowers:

Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress? :eek:

Her dress seems like the dress of a woman afraid to take a chance and wear something more original (unlike many if not most of the recent Royal brides). Why would the designer she used not have tried to persuade her to choose something distinctive, so that it would look like a one-of-a-kind design rather than simply a variation of a copy ordered at a bridal store.

I wonder if the dress was chosen by Marie to try to "play it safe" and not make a fashion "mistake".
Did you expect something by Dior? Or maybe a dress to equal that of Melania Trump? It's Marie's taste, Marie's choice.
Don't worry! We have Kate Middleton's dress to look forward to.:flowers:

So i have just spent all morning catching up on all the posts, due to a big night celebrating my anniversary, coincidently same day as this wedding.
Loved Princess Maries dress, very feminine, very pretty and much more then i expected. Also her flowers were lovely and simple. She really looked radiant.
So touching to see Joachim emotional, quite a turnup for him.
CP Mary looked amazing, quite a brave dress choice, i agree she looks very slimm and pale. But the dress was pretty and the jewels more than made up for the colour. CP Frderick looked very handsome. They both fit the title they have so wonderfully.
CP Victoria was my second favorite. The colour was amazing! Gorgeous, and looked much nicer without the wrap covering the pretty straps. Didn't like the tiara though.
Overall very impressive, touching wedding, managing to be intimite and personal amongst all the formalities.:wub::flowers:

Gee, I hate myself for what I am about to say but I could not help but notice, CP Victoria is kind of starting to show a little age. Seems like kind of uncommon wrinkles going on for someone that is only 30. It almost looks as though it's sun or tanning related.

ANP Beeldbank

No one though as far as I've seen has mentioned how handsome the groom looked! Gotta say from the interview with him, it's underlined yet again how intellectual a person he seems to be..in that sense, his choice in women really juxtaposes that, but then again, I do not know these people personally. Marie seems nice and she's a beauty obviously but she doesn't seem that interesting a person..but then again, that might well be just how Joachim likes it! :flowers:
Having seen the interview, I think Joachim should have been the first-born!!!Of al the royal women of Europe, I find the wife of the Spanish crown-prince the most interesting.

Princess Marie's dress is incredibly chic, simply breath-taking. I've seen a lot of royal wedding dresses over the years and this one is my new favourite. It allows Marie's personality and natural beauty to shine through and doesn't drown or overwhelm her (as I've noticed with some of the wedding gowns in recent years). She looks fresh and radiant, the perfect bride really. Also love the back of the dress, very elegant. The bridal bouquet was beautiful!
I also really liked CP Mary's dress. Her tiara was a little too big for the occasion in my opinion.
Another favourite today was CP Victoria, lovely dress, gorgeous colour.

Last edited:
And I am sorry, I like Mette Marit's dress....but isn't this like the third or fourth wedding she has worn this to? I am all for recycling but goodness gracious.
If she has worn that dress a couple of times before, she must take recycling very, very seriously!:D

Gee, I hate myself for what I am about to say but I could not help but notice, CP Victoria is kind of starting to show a little age. Seems like kind of uncommon wrinkles going on for someone that is only 30. It almost looks as though it's sun or tanning related.

ANP Beeldbank

Probably too much sun, yes. The sun and smoking are women's biggest enemies.

Having seen the interview, I think Joachim should have been the first-born!!!Of al the royal women of Europe, I find the wife of the Spanish crown-prince the most interesting.

Funny you say that, I've been thinking the same about joachim - an excellent crown prince he would make, in so many ways!

And, and this may sound totally twisted, I know, but as for a crown princess, in recent years Mary, of all people, has shown some real growth and strength as a CP.

She's made some interesting progress in that her choices of things she attaches her name to, are often ones that other CP's or others in general, would deem controversial, i.e. making a statement against bullying, depression, etc.
In her own quiet way, over the past years she's really shown some clout! Now if only Joachim had been CP and Mary his spouse..would have been really interesting. No offense to Marie! But she just doesn't seem as visionary as Mary! And Fred, well, he's a good guy but no visionary either!

Back on topic, as Joachim proved today, on top of everything he can look like a prince from a Disney story book!

Having seen the interview, I think Joachim should have been the first-born!!!

And why is that may I ask?! Was it because he was so incredibly emotional like his brother at his wedding or is it because he may or may not look better in his uniform?

If she has worn that dress a couple of times before, she must take recycling very, very seriously!:D

You should read the response from Larzen.

Ithink Princess Marie was a wonderful bride and to me her dress was perfect. It may not be original but not many brides will look as royal and proud as her in the same kind of dress. She carried herself very well and it couldn't been easy for her. Thumbs up for elegance and good taste!!!

And why is that may I ask?! Was it because he was so incredibly emotional like his brother at his wedding or is it because he may or may not look better in his uniform?

Granted I can't speak for others, but my two cents is that Joachim is the spitting image of his mother, physically not only, but mentally as well. Which means to say he is someone who is mentally visionary, intellectual, and creative, the last part in Joachim's case embodied in his vision for, and work on, his farm and agriculture. Creativity comes in many forms, and Joachim has it in spades.

Yes he looks good, but moreover he is very very eloquent and articulate in a way his older bro cannot even dream of ever achieving. Just from Joachim's interview with Marie, he had these explanations and theories on how to introduce his sons to his new love and incorporate the two into one entity that would make everyone happy. And explaining it as he did, he showed a keen ability to abstract thinking and vision that his brother either doesn't have or can't articulate well to the media.

Joachim seems to be a deep thinker as well as a creative doer and that combo of talents would work well in any white collar profession not least the role of CP.

Did you expect something by Dior? Or maybe a dress to equal that of Melania Trump? It's Marie's taste, Marie's choice.
Don't worry! We have Kate Middleton's dress to look forward to.:flowers:

This dress was the perfect choice for Marie. She does not even take chances in her everyday wear from what I have seen so far. Her clothes have been ho-hum up til now - maybe she isn't consumed by the latest fashion. Maybe this will change ...

Does anyone know if those of us who missed the live telecast, can see the wedding anywhere?? This may have been asked already so sorry if i have missed it.

Marie's dress is so beautiful! :flowers: Simple, with the lace is really suited to her IMO. She and Joachim looked so happy :wub:

As for the other women, Margrethe wasn't as flashy as I thought she would be :D Mary looked fantastic, one of the thoughts I had was that she would wear a pale blue colour and she did! Mette-Marit and Victoria both looked great also, but Vicky - please, for the sake of mankind, melt that tiara down! Martha-Louise looked as if she was wearing a sack, the colour was nice, but the design did absolutely nothing for her shape. Carina, Carina, Carina - in a tiara no less! :D:D Made my day!

I absolutely loved Marie's dress......it was classic and very simple to me!

Granted I can't speak for others, but my two cents is that Joachim is the spitting image of his mother, physically not only, but mentally as well. Which means to say he is someone who is mentally visionary, intellectual, and creative, the last part in Joachim's case embodied in his vision for, and work on, his farm and agriculture. Creativity comes in many forms, and Joachim has it in spades.

Yes he looks good, but moreover he is very very eloquent and articulate in a way his older bro cannot even dream of ever achieving. Just from Joachim's interview with Marie, he had these explanations and theories on how to introduce his sons to his new love and incorporate the two into one entity that would make everyone happy. And explaining it as he did, he showed a keen ability to abstract thinking and vision that his brother either doesn't have or can't articulate well to the media.

Joachim seems to be a deep thinker as well as a creative doer and that combo of talents would work well in any white collar profession not least the role of CP.

A very interesting indepth analysis of someone... thanks for offering your opinion.

:)

Moving on, the entire wedding was simply beautiful and very romantic. Marie looked sweet. I loved Mary's gown... she looked ravishing. It was lovely to see Victoria, Natalie, Mette Marit, Carina, and the Greek girls. Though I will say Princess Benedikte looked fantastic. I love her tiara.

Last edited:
Try YouTube missjane. I think someone's already posted it there.

I loved Marie's overall look. The dress was rather ordinary but nice still.
I think the best part was that she had the sparkle.:flowers:
And like many others, I enjoyed Joachim crying and hugging his boys :wub:

When the bride and groom turned to leave the church and curtsy to Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik, it looked to me like Joaquim stopped her before she was suppose to curtsy or was she just getting herself and her veil and train turned correctly?

Yes I noticed that as well. It seemed as if he was telling her not yet.

Does anyone have a pic of Carina in her tiara?

Last edited by a moderator:
And I want Queen Margrethe's gigantic diamond necklace! Such a mind-boggling display of big rocks just makes me dizzy. :D

Haha..that is a very impressive collection of rocks, I must say.

What a treat to get a rare glimpse of Prince Phillipos of Greece at the wedding of Prince Joachim & Princess Marie. He's incorrectly identified at Nikolas in this picture but its definitely Phillipos. He's a cross between Pavlos and Nikolas. Nikolas was incorrectly identified as Pavlos and Tatian and Marie-Chantal. The difference between Phillipos and Nikolas? Phillipos wearing a red sash and Nikolas wearing light blue.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Philippos is wearing the Royal Order of George I, while Nikolaos is wearing the Order of the Redeemer.

Thank you saaay and ayvee. will have a look now.:):)

:flowers::daneflag:How is possible Carina use a tiara? she is not a princess, so how does it work? anyones know?
i must say I love the dress the veil and the tiara of Marie, she looks beautful, eventhougth i think she is not beautiful to me, but she loos incredible, it must be love! and happiness! I think it was a lovely wedding, the church, so cosy, flowers, etc..., I love Mary her dress too, the queen , I think it was very emotional wedding.
pitty not to see more of the rest of the royals
anywayI enjoy to see the wedding and I love the boys, I would love to see a video of the party!!!! is any ?
lovely, lovely, lovely!!!!!:rose2::heartflower::fireworks::crown6:

Back
Top Bottom