Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Although I am not keen on the wedding dress and tan, Princess Marie looked appropriate. Her veil was magnificent. The way she styled her tiara and veil reminded me of Crown Princess Mary.
The blue/green-silver dress worn by Crown Princess Mary was stylish, but the colour choice was far from perfect. I agree with those members, who stated that this style of dresses is what Crown Princess Maxima is known for wearing.
Crown Princess Mette Marit looked great and happy. This delicate pink became her very much.
Crown Princess Victoria’s coral dress was good choice. Yet again she accompanied Norwegian Crown Princely couple. Could it possible to send Prince Carl Philip with her?

I like to see CP Victoria with Haakon and Mette-Marit. they seen to be good friends and have a lot of fun together. every time I see them together I feel like they happy to have each other :flowers:

The official pics wil go see or nt and the ball we go see too?

Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress? :eek:

Her dress seems like the dress of a woman afraid to take a chance and wear something more original (unlike many if not most of the recent Royal brides). Why would the designer she used not have tried to persuade her to choose something distinctive, so that it would look like a one-of-a-kind design rather than simply a variation of a copy ordered at a bridal store.

I wonder if the dress was chosen by Marie to try to "play it safe" and not make a fashion "mistake".

Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress? :eek:.
I do not like her wedding dress, either, not at all! it just does not like a royal wedding dress but a so normal and boring one!

I think the dress is nice but average. The tiara is beautiful, but I'm wondering, why it's bigger than Alexandras. I guess, they took a look on all the danish jewels and diceded to give that one to Marie, because it fits her the most ( best fitting of the middle class tiaras of course - the big ones are for Marge and Mary )
But I'm a bit dissapointed that she got a bigger one than Alex ( is it obviously that I'm an Alex fan ^^)
By the way, was she invited or did she even congratulate ?

Victoria : I hate this tiara to death
Madeleine: Where was she ?
Mette: I don't like the dress. It makes her lookin pale an a bit "not in shape"
Märtha: as far as I could see her pregnancy makes her look soooo beautiful: Happy, shining, satisfied
Mary : Nearly as white as the bride. A faux-pas in my opinion.
Marge: I didn't like one of her dresses so much for a long time. Great! ( Actually I thought she gives the tiara she wore to Marie. I could have bet...)

Any of the NL, B, ESP, LUX, GB royal families there ?

Mary's dress isn't close to white. Ice blue/pale blue.....not white.

Marie's dress is SO beautiful!!

I'm watching it (thanks GT for the link) and I am loving all the event. The Danish Royals really know how to prepare a royal wedding! :wub:
Wait till you see the pomp and ceremony when William marries Kate!

Marie's dress was so beautiful, the veil was....WOW. Defiantly one of my favorite, if not the favorite wedding dress ever. What a great day, and the ceremony was just right. The perfect day all around!

A very beautiful wedding dress.
Yes, the dress is beautiful in its simplicity, and her tiara is among the nicer ones. I must say the mother of the bride looked very glamorous.

When the bride and groom turned to leave the church and curtsy to Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik, it looked to me like Joaquim stopped her before she was suppose to curtsy or was she just getting herself and her veil and train turned correctly?

Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress? :eek:

Because it's what she likes and she wants to wear her own type of dress at her big day?
Why are people so focused on original wedding dresses and something "extraordinary"?

The dress they wear is the type they like and that is just as it should be. If it is deemed "too traditional, too boring, too ordinary" or whatever, then so be it.
Perhaps she doesn't care for wearing something totally new?

Personally I think she was a beautiful bride and I wish them all the luck.

Time for my 2 cents:

I think that Marie looked lovely, the top of the dress was stunning, although I did feel that the skirt sat better in some photos than others. Her bouqet was very nice and her jewellery very tasteful - I will be interested which tiara Marie ends up having as her regular tiara, because Mary is (it seems) only able to wear the parure on very specific occassions and I feel that that would mean that Marie outshadows Mary with todays tiara.

I liked Mary's dress (once I got used to it). It is similar to some of Maxima's I'll grant you, but Mary has worn tiers before too. I think that while it is pale, in daylight it would not be too close to white.

Sorry to ask this, but was Alexandra invited to the wedding? I have read somewhere that Joachim and Alexandra still are friends, which I think is great. Maybe Marie asked Alexandra for some advice?

I don't think the Countess was invited, it would have been very akward if she did attend. Joachim didn't attend her wedding.

I thought Marie looked beautiful in her dress but I'm not a fan of the tiara.

When the bride and groom turned to leave the church and curtsy to Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik, it looked to me like Joaquim stopped her before she was suppose to curtsy or was she just getting herself and her veil and train turned correctly?

Yes, Joachim stopped her. At least that was my impression too.

I thought Princess Marie made a stunning bride the dress,earrings ,tiara were beautiful.

How sweet that Joachim had tears:wub:

Mette Marit looked beautiful and the more I saw of Voctiroa the more I liked her dress although I liked it better witout that overcoat or shawl.

Mary dress was awful and she's a personal favorite of mine! The icy blue was pretty but it was not the right color for her almost any shade of green would have been more flattering for her and I hated the tiers but I did love her tiara it was beautiful.

Countess of Monzepat

Just wondering. On the royal website she is title HRH Princess Marie, Countess of Monzepat. Is the prince Count of Monzapat, or is this an additional title the queen bestowed upon her?

Is her veil the one that is always worn by Danish brides ie the one that was worn by Mary, Queen Margarethe; Queen Anne-Marie etc. I can't tell but I don't think it is which is a bit odd.

Are they broadcasting the reception with toasts, dance, etc.? I haven't seen any footage or pictures of it at all.

By the way. I believe this is Mary's first royal wedding besides her own. She and Frederik were on their honeymoon when Felipe and Letizia got married. There haven't been any other major royal wedding since then. Some of the Von Vollenhovens got married, but Mary didn't attend those events. They were more private occasions anyway. Well, I guess there was Charles and Camilla's wedding, but that wouldn't have been a large affair because of the second marriage.

I though the whole thing was just wonderful. I was a little disappointed in Marie's dress but it was obviously what she wanted and it's her day after all. I loved Mary's dress, the colour and the way it moved as she walked were so beautiful. Everyone looked so happy and they had such beautiful sunshine -what more could you ask for!

Although perhaps someone could of told Marie's bridesmaid that she was arriving so she could be there to help her out of the car and she did a very bad job of settling the dress once Marie was seated, I'm sure I saw Prince Henrik move the dress off his and Queen Margrethe's feet. :lol:

I love Marie's dress --- she will look back in 20 or 30 years and know that she looked classic and timeless in her beautiful dress.

Ari Behn has certainly cleaned himself up --- he has looked pretty scruffy recently with the long, greasy looking hair.

Just wondering. On the royal website she is title HRH Princess Marie, Countess of Monzepat. Is the prince Count of Monzapat, or is this an additional title the queen bestowed upon her?

The title Count/Countess of Monpzeat was given by the Queen to her sons and grandchildrens at the End of April. As Joachim's wife Marie is now also Countess of Monpezat besides beeing Princess of Denmark.

Is her veil the one that is always worn by Danish brides ie the one that was worn by Mary, Queen Margarethe; Queen Anne-Marie etc. I can't tell but I don't think it is which is a bit odd.

No it's another one. The historic veil was only worn by Mary apart from the female descendants of Queen Ingrid.

I think Princess Marie looked lovely! The dress was simple and elegant...much the way she has presentrf herself to us in every event we have seen her. I loved Princess Alexandra but I am thinking that this is a better fit for Joachim...he seemed really happy and I loved it when he hugged his sons.

Crown Princess Mary looked lovely was well.

And I am sorry, I like Mette Marit's dress....but isn't this like the third or fourth wedding she has worn this to? I am all for recycling but goodness gracious.

I must say this was simply a lovely wedding. All of the ladies looked very nice. Not sure about Martha's dress...but she is expecting...so I will give her a pass.

And I am sorry, I like Mette Marit's dress....but isn't this like the third or fourth wedding she has worn this to? I am all for recycling but goodness gracious.
Nop, she has only worn it once before, to the brazillian state visit last year, never to a wedding. And considering Sonja has worn outfits to weddings that has been worn 10 times before I dont think this is a big issue:lol:

Zonk said:
It's strange that everyone thinks she has worn this dress so often.
As Larzen said she just wore it 1 time.
And I cannot remember she wore a smilar dress to that one before the State Visit from Brazil.
She doesn't even wear pink that often...

Btw:

Here are pics from Bunte
Prinz Joachim & Marie Cavallier: Tränen vor dem „Ja“-Wort - BUNTE

Traumhochzeit in Dänemark - Bilder - BUNTE

She has worn this dress prior to the Brazillan visit. It was either in London and she wore a variation to Constanin & Laurentien's engagement party. That could be it. But everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.

It was lovely to see Carina in a tiara......hopefullly one day she will be the bride.

It was either in London and she wore a variation to Constanin & Laurentien's engagement party. That could be it. But everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.
Ah yeah, the one in London was pink too.
But it was different. It had a different neckline and was made of a different fabric.
Here you can see a picture.
It was lovely to see Carina in a tiara......hopefullly one day she will be the bride.
I hope soon! She and Gustav are such a lovely couple!:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom