Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It’s a preety dress, no doubt, but so boringly vulgar... you can find a dress like that in every shop window of every single country, all around the world… I was expecting something more unique from a royal wedding, but well... she looks preety.

Well I have not been shopping in recent months for a wedding dress. But I really didn't think this one was boring. It had lace detail that was quite delicate but yet it had quite a bit compared to maybe last week's royal wedding. And like I said before the way the waist was lower than on most dresses was unique and helped to keep from swallowing up a petite Marie.

Perhaps Elsa M means common not vulgar. The style of dress, though beautiful, can be found in every bridal shop at the moment, perhaps that what was meant :confused:

The current trend of wedding dresses IMO is A-line strapless gown...:D (every bride I saw these last years had one)

I agree to that point that the dress has no real spectacular elements which would have make it a unique one, but as whole it perfectly fitted Marie. So it is not "vulgar", maybe you can say it is in a way ordinary. But Marie is a commoner and now the second wife of a prince (and not a crown prince). So I think the dress suited the occasion very well.

Marie looked stunning! This gown is perfection - the back is so beautiful.
Her hairdo (take note Autumn Phillips: hair off the face!), veil and earrings were wonderful. I love the tiara but I wish that the base had been covered (pipe cleaners or velvet?) as I hate to see all of the metal at the bottom showing. Maybe if they had poofed up the front of her hairdo a bit.
The little boys were angels - the interaction between them and Joachim was so sweet.
Mary has looked better - she is so pale and then the washed-out color of the dress contrasting with the bright red of the tiara - not pretty.
The Queen looked fine. Henrik always looks so over the top, pompous, but he seems like a good Grandpa to the little boys.
Victoria looked amazing - but still hate that 4-button tiara .
Mette Marit looked very pretty. Martha Louise looked glowing, but the hair - ugh!
Haven't seen the GRF yet, but the reason Pavlos isn't there is probably because Marie Chantal's due date is very soon.

Yes, sorry, language barrier... I meant "plain", "common", "average", "not original"... something pretty I could find in 5 different stores in my city. I see nothing original in there. Just an expensive version of a very common dress.

the dress is usual, simple and common, but she looks so nice and lovely in it. that the only thing is important. :flowers:

Are there any official pictures available or am I too fast with it? :)))))

Yes, sorry, language barrier... I meant "plain", "common", "average", "not original"... something pretty I could find in 5 different stores in my city. I see nothing original in there. Just an expensive version of a very common dress.

No need to apologize, Elsa, many of us knew exactly what you meant in the first place... language barrier or not.:flowers:

The dress was lovely and the ceremony was sweet. Best of luck to the newlyweds!

the reason Pavlos isn't there is probably because Marie Chantal's due date is very soon.
That's true. Marie Chantal can give birth anytime, so she couldn't come to the wedding.
I noticed some of the greek family though.
Queen Anne Marie was wearing a wonderful dress, I think.

TV 2 Kongelig - Gæsterne ankommer til kirken (GR picture 27)

Last edited:
I guess I am in the minority here (or perhaps even the only one here:) ) but after having read so often Marie looked stunning or sensational I was actually a bit disappointed when I finally had the chance to see her. Well, perhaps I will change my opinion again when I will be able to see all of the wedding in one piece, it always gives you another feeling (especially when you have the excitement of seeing everything live).

Marie IS a beautiful bride and I love her flower bouquet and her earings.
The dress and veil I don't know, I think they looked better from the back and side than from the front. And it's quite a traditional style. I have seen many similar dresses (especially the upper part) at German noble weddings, perhaps that's the reason why I wasn't overwhelmed. The tiara is beautiful but you couldn't see it very well because of the veil.

Once again it seemed the bridegroom was more emotional than the bride.:)
The queen's dress was nice but I don't think that colour suits her very well.
Mary seems to have such a fondness for pale and a little bit boring colours,
I actually think the ruffles kept her gown from being too simple and boring.
(And I don't think it's Maxima-style, she would wear ruffles and a bright colour.:) Can't imagine her wearing that pale dress.)

Last edited:
waouh! what a beautiful ceremony!!! joackim cried when he saw her at the church!! so touching!!!

Marie was a very beautiful bride!!! her dress is so perfect!!

Pincess Mary was nice as well but i'm not very fond of her dress! but still very elegant as usual!

princess victoria was great too in red!!! i think she has lost some weight!! she's very nice!

I was pleasantly surprised by Marie's wedding attire! I expected something very plain. Hers is the best wedding dress of all the Danish brides. I loved how it buttoned down the back..the lace was lovely..and I can't wait to see a close-up of the tiara!

Q. Margrethe and Bendikte(sp) looked great as did Princess Alexandra in a purple dress that looked like Valentino.

Mary's dress was ok. It looked pale silver/grey. The color was dull and washed her out. Also she should've worn longer earrings. It did flow nicely when she moved and it did remind me of Maxima at the Thai jubilee.

Mette Marit lost some weight! I'm glad, the last time she wore that dress she looked stuffed in it. However I think she wore tan leather shoes with no stockings and she should've worn her amethyst set to look more regal.

I loved coral color Victoria wore.

Ladies, you won't believe this! Now that the wedding is over, the links in the internet work!!! ARGGGGG :)

Fashion

Marie's dress really looked stunning. After looking at it closer I even like it more.
I like the cut alot. Very elegant and lovely. Timeless somehow.
I loved her whole look.

CP Mary- she looked beautiful aswell. Love that dress on her. And it's great to see her with the Ruby Tiara (I am glad she chose the smaller earrings with it again! The parure looks so much better with the small ones then the giant version of the earrings.)

CP Victoria- lovely colour. The dress definitely suited her well. I don't like that Tiara (Mickey Mouse Tiara).

CP Mette-Marit - love that dress. And it's not old at all. MM has worn it just 1 time before; so I really do not understand why so many people complained about that "old" dress.. IMO she looked lovely with that hairdo and the dress. IMO it's a good dress for her figure.

P Märtha Louise- radiant. She's among the winners today. Mothers-to-be always look glowing- and so did she. I loved her hairdo and the dress. It has been very elegant (I've already been afraid of seeing some crazy dress).

Carina - Well, I am still more then impressed we saw her with a Tiara. Great gesture by Benedikte and Richard to give her Tiara for that event.

Queen M II- loved the color on her. It was a nice tone of pink- not too shiny; not too pale.

Ladies, you won't believe this! Now that the wedding is over, the links in the internet work!!! ARGGGGG :)

That's terribly annoying. But no worries, because AnnaR has already put some videos on this thread and as she has recorded the whole thing, more videos will follow :flowers:

I really want Princess Benedikte's earrings!

And I want Queen Margrethe's gigantic diamond necklace! Such a mind-boggling display of big rocks just makes me dizzy. :D

Naggi said:
I agree to that point that the dress has no real spectacular elements which would have make it a unique one, but as whole it perfectly fitted Marie.

Yes, I do think the cut of the dress was flattering but the dress did not seem spectacular or unique in any way. My mom and sister in law both got married in inexpensive off the rack dresses that looked very similar to Marie's.

Simple but flattering worked for them but I've gotten used to royals doing their wedding dresses a little bit differently than the rest of us so Marie's dress seemed ordinary and not royal. That's not a criticism of the dress; just an observation. The one criticism about the dress I do have is that this particular shade of white was not flattering to her skin tone. I think she needed a brighter white to show off her tan.

I loved her earrings and tiara though.

What do you guys think of her bouquet? I think an arrangement with some flowers hanging (sorry I miss the English expression for it, hope you understand what I mean) would have suited the shape of the dress better.

Since she sat with the royals, are there any pictures of Niko and his girlfriend? Looks like we know who the next danish wedding will be!

I think it was beautiful, but the colour and more modern style didn't match very well with the traditional style dress. But I actually liked the bouquet better than the dress.

Yes, I also liked the bouquet very much, but it doesn't match the dress very well.

Princess Martha Louise
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/500/81224249om6.jpg
Princess Martha Louise and her husband Ari Behn
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1697/81224246eb5.jpg
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/2229/81224224df5.jpg
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik of Denmark depart with their grand children
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8932/81224200ia2.jpg
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/603/81224132vg0.jpg
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7033/81224115lt1.jpg
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6176/81224117pj5.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations to Joachim and Marie!

Lovely wedding.

Everyone looked beautiful.

I thought CP Mary looked amazing. Very fresh and bright for a summer wedding. I think her wedding tiara would have looked better with the dress, though. For a dress as light and flowy as it was, the ruby tiara is a little too heavy for it.

Princess Marie looked wonderful, really. I loved her veil and the detailing on the dress. Her tiara is also gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom