Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgive me for my ignorence, but Carina is a friend of Mary's isn't she? Who could she be marrying that would lead to a next Danish Royal Wedding, there are no brothers left to marry right? :ermm:
Carina is the girlfriend of Prince Gustav of Sayn Wittgenstein, son of Princess Benedikte. ;)

Edit: Well , as you can see PrincessLeonor: No one knows if she is the girlfriend, the fiancee or even the wife. :D

Madame Royale said:
I think you mean, German.
Well, Danish-German then. :D

Last edited:
There is no evidence that they are engaged. If they were we would have heard about the Will and how it was turned in Gustav's favor and so forth. To this day, the family is still fighting it unless he gave up and decided to lose everything for marriage.

Girlfriend, then.

I would like to see once again the moment of Prince Joaquim kissing the children.

What a beautiful bride. I love her dress and veil. :)

Helen, a couple of posts above yours, Anna_R has linked to some YouTube videos of the event.

There's also a difference from Frederik and Mary's wedding in that then Nikolaos' girlfriend, Tatiana Blatnik, was posted quite far down on the list. At this wedding, she's posted up at the top with the rest of the Danish royals, along with Carina.

Such a wonderful wedding!
A flying veil, a crying Joachim and a tired Felix. :)

IMO Marie's wedding tiara does a lot more fit to a royal princess than the one Mary has worn on her wedding day. Also Alexandra's was not very spectacular. I was a sort of disappointed of Mary's tiara as it was too "small" for a crown princess. But Marie's is a real thing!
Does anyone know if it belongs to her now or does she ask the Queen for permission when wants to wear it? Maybe Mary and Marie will exchange their tiaras from time to time?? I know that Victoria and Madeleine do that. Or am I mistaken here? If so forgive my ignorance.

I love Marie's dress just simply wonderful! I thought the way the waistline dropped down and then went out into the skirt really made it interesting. Perhaps this design is better for a petite frame.

The Queen looked lovely as well. Never sure exactly how she is going to look but today she looked great.

I loved Victoria's dress! That color is one of my favorites! Someone mentioned this past week that Victoria's face is looking extra full, I certainly noticed that today. I'm not sure if she has gained some weight or not but her face sure does look full and big lately.

Mary looked good if you saw only the top part of her. I thought the color was nice, but didn't like the ruffles. As another member said, "leave the ruffles to Maxima". Mary doesn't have the right frame. I didn't like the tiara and jewelry choice either for Mary.

I like the dress that Mette-Marit chose to wear. Nice to see it again. Her skin tones really work well with pink, and rose colors.

Martha-Louise receives a big thumbs down for her choice of attire. The goldish-brownish color is not flattering nor is the style. And what is up with her bangs? A few whisps would do much better, imo. Not caring for the heavy bang look and the tail like hair coming down over her shoulder.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Marie was really upset with that veil thing because of the wind :D

Maybe Mary and Marie will exchange their tiaras from time to time??

Not likely at all. The DRF don't share their jewellery.

I was a sort of disappointed of Mary's tiara as it was too "small" for a crown princess

The Crown Princess also has a 200 year + diamond and ruby parure at her disposal.

I love Princess Marie dress, veil and earrings. But I don't like her make-up. I think her lipstick was too pale. Especially too her tan/rest make-up.

CP Mary wore very nice ice-blue dress (very Maxima), I like Princess Victoria coral dress too.

In this recycled pink dress Princess Mette-Marit looks heavy pregnant like her sister-in-law.

Prince Joachim sons are so cute.

Last edited:
Is Marie's tiara "borrowed", or is it hers now? And if it isn't hers, will she get one? And does she have the Order of the Elephant?

No one knows. However, yesterday I posted and translated an article from Der Westen in which they noted that she was "the wife of Prince Gustav." In previous articles they always referred to her as Prince Gustav's life companion.

Perhaps they were secretly married, but I doubt it. In any event, there is no doubt she is a permanent member of the family... married or not and maybe that is why she was given a tiara. Furthermore, she is very close with Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard.

There is no evidence that they are engaged. If they were we would have heard about the Will and how it was turned in Gustav's favor and so forth. To this day, the family is still fighting it unless he gave up and decided to lose everything for marriage.

I thuink if they would be married we would have seen it on the guestlsit. they would then not have referred to Carina Axelsson it wwould have been Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittgenstein-BErleburg. As far as the tiara. It was said on the Royal Jewels MB that it could be the tiara which belonged to the late Fürstin Margareta. Perhaps Gustav inherited it from her and loaned it to Carina.

Marie looks beatiful. I lover her dress. One of the most beatiful i have seen on royal ladies!

I thuink if they would be married we would have seen it on the guestlsit. they would then not have referred to Carina Axelsson it wwould have been Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittgenstein-BErleburg. As far as the tiara. It was said on the Royal Jewels MB that it could be the tiara which belonged to the late Fürstin Margareta. Perhaps Gustav inherited it from her and loaned it to Carina.

Well, yes, I know that.

The new Princess Marie was stunning. Very nice gown who suited her (a large gown whould have "engulfed" her) nice hair, wonderful tiara and delicate veil...

Nice pale color on CP Mary, but the ruffles were a bit "over the top".

Crown Princess Victoria was beautiful, the color and silhouette of her dress suited her perfectly.
Princess Mette-Marit had already worn that pale pink dress, had'nt she? She may be pregnant, her face looked fuller...
Princess Martha Louise looked radiant in her maternity gala gown!

Is Marie's tiara "borrowed", or is it hers now? And if it isn't hers, will she get one? And does she have the Order of the Elephant?

The Official Royal Website says it belongs to The Queen, which would then suggest it's probably on loan to Princess Marie for as long as she likes.

This is the one she was wearing today, I think..?

Correct.

It’s a preety dress, no doubt, but so boringly vulgar... you can find a dress like that in every shop window of every single country, all around the world… I was expecting something more unique from a royal wedding, but well... she looks preety.

If 'vulgarity' comes in such exquisite cloth and attention to detail...I'll order mine now. This wedding gown is haute couture at it's most feminine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom