Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanletizia

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
Wedding between H.R.H. Prince Joachim and Miss Marie Cavallier

Amalienborg, November 21st 2007
The wedding between His Royal Highness Prince Joachim and Miss Marie Cavallier will take place on Saturday May 24th 2008. Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen will officiate at the wedding in the church of Møgeltønder, Southern Jutland.
After the marriage cereomony a private wedding banquet will be held at Schackenborg Castle, Møgeltønder.
Ove Ullerup
Lord Chamberlain

The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News

Here is some helpful information regarding Joachim and Marie's wedding on May 24, 2008. So before you ask:

DR 1 air the wedding all day on Saturday when Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier get married. You can see the television signal live on the Internet - even if you live abroad. Hence DR is the whole day - both on TV and online. Follow the event here, read on the two, on the church, see beautiful pictures, send brudeparret your own personal greeting, and much more.

DR1 Wedding Coverage

and

[url=http://wmsc.dr.dk/webcast04]Watch it here live![/URL]

The actually wedding begins at 5 Denmark time.

Also, TV2 Nyhederne (TV 2 Nyhederne) will broadcast from 15.30 as well - and so will TV2 News (TV 2 News).

Last edited:
I am currently watching TV2, and Marie's friend, revealed to the journalist (in French) that Marie received a tiara from the Queen last night, and was currently having it put on.

i can't wait to know which tiara she was given and her dress!

Possibly a convertible piece like Mary's wedding tiara. That would be rather lovely.

Marie's brother, Benjamin and Clara and Saskia have cancelled their attendance at the wedding. Saskia was supposed to be a bridesmaid. No reason for the cancellation has been given from the court. Brudepige melder afbud - Danmark

Last edited:
What a shame about her brother!
I'm am really looking forward to seeing Marie's gown. I expect it be very elegant. I suppose she will wear the lace veil worn by Mary, Margrethe, etc.?

Is there still no official guest list? I'm curious to see which of the Greek side of the family attend!

Scandinavian royals to attend wedding of Prince Joachim and French bride

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Scandinavian royals are gathering for the wedding of Denmark's Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier of France.

Joachim is Queen Margrethe's youngest son and fourth in line to Denmark's throne.

The 38-year-old announced in October that he was engaged to 32-year-old Cavallier, who will become Princess Marie after the wedding.

Royals from Denmark, Sweden and Norway are invited to Saturday's ceremony in Moegeltoender, in southern Denmark. A private dinner will be held at the couple's nearby mansion.

The prince divorced Hong Kong-born Princess Alexandra in 2005, in the first broken marriage for Europe's oldest monarchy in nearly 160 years.

They have joint custody of their two sons, 5-year-old Felix and 8-year-old Nikolai.

from: Scandinavian royals to attend wedding of Prince Joachim and French bride - Yahoo! Canada News

Danish people sit in front of the Mogeltonder Church waiting for the ceremony for the royal wedding of Denmark's Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier of France in Mogeltonder on May 24, 2008.
Picture details
Picture details

Will she be added to the website today? Or later?

Danish Royal Watchers implied that the Greek Royal Family would be at the wedding.

Last edited:
White roses and lilies adorn the alter. There are two guilded (marriage) stools which are surrounded by a spray of roses in the shape of a heart. That's..uh..sweet?

I love seeing Danish flags on every flagpole...It's such a sight to behold! And the wind is flying them ever so enthusiastically. Looks like a gorgeous day.

Last edited:
TV2 has just shown pics from the interior of the church. The flowers are in white and yellow hues, lilies and roses. In front of the altar is two bridal chairs from Schackenborg Castle - and on the floor around the chairs is a heart-shaped flower ring

Last edited:
I see we have many members and guests here.
Is this anyone first royal wedding watching.....

How sad for Marie that her brother canot attend her wedding. Will there be any substitute for Saskia's role as a bridesmaid?

Looks like we can expect full gala (white tie) dress. Two gentleman who I pressume are representative of the court are covered in breast stars, honours and sash's. Tiara's shall be out in force I would endeavour to say (given it's well past noon I'd expect no less).

Last edited:
I see we have many members and guests here.
Is this anyone first royal wedding watching.....

Mine! I've only been here a year, so no big weddings.

No worries you will be a pro when it comes to the weddings in sweden when the time is ready for them to have weddings....

Last edited by a moderator:

So there really won't be any international guests other than Norway and Victoria! Too bad I was secretely hoping for Holland and Spain to show up (whishful thinking :lol:) So sad that Marie's brother is unable to come, I'm sure it's something very serious that keeps him away from his sisters wedding. So sad for Marie :eek:
Can't wait to see her dress

I wish I recognized these people coming in (esp the ones wearing tiaras).

Back
Top Bottom