The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Not with Fred and Mary alone but a group shot with the immediate family. Check this gallery of official photos to see:
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Thank you for these photos. I had seen a lot of them but not the one with the immediate family. so thank you.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Marie looked stunning, stunning, stunning...even though I have to agree about the "tan". She is probably the most beautiful Royal bride I have seen in years. I especially loved her veil and tiara, and it is downright uncanny how much she looks like CP Mary. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing Mary and Frederik's wedding photos.

Congratulations Danes!
Amen to that!

Old 06-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Royal Highness

I have 2 questions regarding posts of this thread:
Does anyone know the secrets of Mary's complexion? nutrition,cosmetics etc?

Mette Marit didn't look her best, any reason for that?
Old 06-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Royal Wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier

Boda Real del Príncipe Joaquín y Marie Cavallier

hola.com - Vídeos del día - Realeza
Old 06-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Nobility

I don't know why there are people who think Marie's tan in fake. I think her skin colour is natural. Some people are more tanned than others and I'm used with people really tanned so maybe for people from Scandinavian is a little strange Marie's colour skin.
And who are the gorgeous guys in the picture of Marie and Joachim's family? Her brothers, I presume.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristine View Post
I don't know why there are people who think Marie's tan in fake. I think her skin colour is natural. Some people are more tanned than others and I'm used with people really tanned so maybe for people from Scandinavian is a little strange Marie's colour skin.
And who are the gorgeous guys in the picture of Marie and Joachim's family? Her brothers, I presume.
You might be right. Her skin doesn't look sun damaged either. I remember when she was first discovered, she was described as a "dark" beauty. (People were wondering if Joachim's new GF was black.)

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-02-2008, 05:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
You might be right. Her skin doesn't look sun damaged either. I remember when she was first discovered, she was described as a "dark" beauty. (People were wondering if Joachim's new GF was black.)
Marie said in the wedding documentary that during the years she lived in Geneva she went skiing any weekend in winter. Plus she owns a dog and Geneva is a lakeside town with a pleasant climate, so Marie probably had daily sunshine on her face..

Remember that Mary was tanned, too when she came to Denmark but how fast that changed? It might be different with Marie as she lives closer to the sea and could take walks with their dogs daily at the coast, so getting more UV than Mary in Copenhagen, but still - the South of Denmark is not the South of Switzerland when it comes to the intensity of sunshine.

If you are using protective facial creams and get you tan from doing sports under the real sun, then at Marie's age you normally are not sun damaged, especially not if you are a Franco-Latin-type like she is.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Aristocracy

I completely agree with you, Jo.
I'm a Latin type (skin phototype 3, as my dermatologist said! ), I live in southern Switzerland, too and I enjoy spending some time in the sun.
I have to admit I'm not as tanned as Marie is, but an appropriate anti-UV screen and good sunglasses can help you to save your skin. That's why (Bescheidenheit ist eine Zier, doch weiter kommt man ohne ihr... ) I look younger than many other women of my age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Marie said in the wedding documentary that during the years she lived in Geneva she went skiing any weekend in winter. Plus she owns a dog and Geneva is a lakeside town with a pleasant climate, so Marie probably had daily sunshine on her face..

Remember that Mary was tanned, too when she came to Denmark but how fast that changed? It might be different with Marie as she lives closer to the sea and could take walks with their dogs daily at the coast, so getting more UV than Mary in Copenhagen, but still - the South of Denmark is not the South of Switzerland when it comes to the intensity of sunshine.

If you are using protective facial creams and get you tan from doing sports under the real sun, then at Marie's age you normally are not sun damaged, especially not if you are a Franco-Latin-type like she is.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Gentry

According to the Danish magazine Se og Hoer Joachim and Marie are spotted in a remote luxury hotel in Canada.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedvig View Post
According to the Danish magazine Se og Hoer Joachim and Marie are spotted in a remote luxury hotel in Canada.
Then Peter and Autumn probably chose France...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal View Post
Royal Wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier

Boda Real del Príncipe Joaquín y Marie Cavallier

hola.com - Vídeos del día - Realeza
thanks for the video link.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedvig View Post
Just curious - did the magazine say which hotel?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Gentry

No, the hotel was not named, but they said, it is near Tofino and can be reached only by seaplane from Vancouver.
Old 06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

That is an interesting choice for a honeymoon destination. It sounds lovely.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

This seems to be my question, ! But are there any pictures of Princess Marie without the train?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Nobility

A few pictures I took on the day of the wedding, and the day after in and around Mogeltonder

the joined monogramm on the gates of Schackenborg Slot
Mogeltonder Kirke the day after the wedding
in Mogeltonder Kirke
a glimpse of J&M after the service
at Graasten
in the streets of the beautiful village of Mogeltonder
Old 10-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Courtier

Thank you for posting your pictures jinigirl!

There are very beautiful ones!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Video of the Wedding

Old 11-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Very beautiful picture by BB
http://i36.tinypic.com/23mk7ma.jpg

Old 11-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the first time that I have seen this picture. Joachim is so in love with Marie, and it has never been more evident than during their wedding. He just could not stop looking at her on that day. It is so romantic and beautiful.

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding