The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Nobility

Beatiful wedding and pictures too Victoria is super.
The bride is lovely, thanks for sharing me/us!!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:34 AM
Courtier

why doesnt Victoria bring her boyfriend to these things , its all a bit silly , we know that she goes out with him and they have been with each for quite along time now.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:38 AM

What a beautiful and emotional wedding!

I congratulate Joachim and Marie, and I hope they will have a great life together. Im definately looking forward to follow their relationship, and especially how Marie is going to do as our princess.

I have seen a lot of beautiful and very good pictures from the wedding, but one of the best must be the one on this page, where you can see a very emotional prince standing with his two sons, as Maria and her father walks towards them: Side2 (picture number 6).
Old 05-27-2008, 04:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
What I didn't like was Marie's tan. It looks fake !
I agree. I think she may have overdone the spray tan a little.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:27 AM
Royal Highness

I must say that of the pictures of the royal guests that I've seen so far, I think Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden looked the most beautiful. I'm not sure if her dress was a dark coral or red in color, but it really suited her. And she finally found a hairstyle that makes her four-button tiara look appealing!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Do you have a link to a picture where she looks 'cheesed off' - still assuming that you were watching the same as everybody here have been watching

Pastel blue almost white? You better lay down some new ground rules for colours allowed for wedding guests - if pastel colours are now off limit - or is it only off limit for certain persons perhaps?
Gosh, sorry Mary fans, my comments were sarcastic at the worst... Do you think that the CPss would come frowning?! I just think she isn't as radiant as when she is at the center of attention. As for the colour of the dress, other people in the forum also had question marks about it, I personally had to look at pictures from different agencies to verify the colour...
Old 05-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the oficial photos were taken in a strange place, a room with only a fire place. It looks like it is Prince Joaquim sitting room with no furniture, maybe Marie is remodeling the house so son!!!! Do you think, gosh I hope not! I think the oficial photos could be taken in a more beautiful place like a landscape in the garden or so, bu inside a room with no furniture that was really awful and not appropiate at all for such an ocassion!!!
I also think that it was very strange that Marie didn't know any Danish and all her wedding was in Danish, to me that is very peculiar.
Yes many mistakes have been made, they were all avoidable..... and to me that was unpardonable, this was a Royal wedding and even if not, everything should had ben in order and plan and it wasn't, what a shame...
Old 05-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I think the oficial photos were taken in a strange place, a room with only a fire place. It looks like it is Prince Joaquim sitting room with no furniture, maybe Marie is remodeling the house so son!!!! Do you think, gosh I hope not! I think the oficial photos could be taken in a more beautiful place like a landscape in the garden or so, bu inside a room with no furniture that was really awful and not appropiate at all for such an ocassion!!!
I also think that it was very strange that Marie didn't know any Danish and all her wedding was in Danish, to me that is very peculiar.
Yes many mistakes have been made, they were all avoidable..... and to me that was unpardonable, this was a Royal wedding and even if not, everything should had ben in order and plan and it wasn't, what a shame...
Actually in one of the pre-wedding interviews (the English one, the only one I understood) Marie said she had no plans to redecorate the house as she liked it exactly the way it was. I personally don't think the room wa a strange place to take official pictures, most official royal pics I've seen so far are taken in a room. The only thing I thought of was that they should have closed the door on one of the pics. But, there again, it's not really about the room is it, it's about the people on it, and that was perfect
As for Marie's Danish, isn't it so that she doesn't master the language well enough, but surely she understands most of it, so I have no doubt she did understand everything that was said at her own wedding
Old 05-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Gosh, sorry Mary fans, my comments were sarcastic at the worst... Do you think that the CPss would come frowning?! I just think she isn't as radiant as when she is at the center of attention. As for the colour of the dress, other people in the forum also had question marks about it, I personally had to look at pictures from different agencies to verify the colour...
No, I expected her to come exactly as she did - smiling and seemingly happy on behalf of J&M. I think she looked better than ever actually.

Pity you didn't see the wedding directly on TV. Even in the sunlight it was clearly pastel blue.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
IMHO these mishaps all gave the wedding a feeling of being a "country"-wedding where not strict protocoll reigns, where only guest are invited that have a real personal connection to the couple and where nothings is sooo important one has to get overly serious over it. A wedding full of joy and sunshine - and I bet Mary would have preferred such a wedding, too as it seems bride and groom really amused themselves with their guests, dancing till the early hours of the morning, spent their wedding night in their own bed and had breakfast with their family before leaving for their honeymoon.

My first wedding was exactly such a family wedding in the countryside and we enjoyed meeting with our guest the next morning over brunch before leaving...

Well don, IMHo, Joachim and Marie.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Not at all, it looked usual to me - it's very standard in a big house to have such a bare space, a hall with a big fireplace and whitewashed walls. It's actually much more elegant spartan than 'overstuffed'! I'm not sure what the function of the space would have been, but there's such a room even in a big old farmhouse I know in New South Wales. In a country dwelling, the rooms with hangings on the walls etc would have been the upstairs rooms perhaps. Anyone know more about this topic?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think I have heard Marie saying that she will redecorate the house because Joaquim has lived there for a long time alone and that house has some man things that she want to change!!! That was why I though that she was already redecorate a house because the pictures were taken in an empy room.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

quote:"I think the oficial photos were taken in a strange place, a room with only a fire place. It looks like it is Prince Joaquim sitting room with no furniture, maybe Marie is remodeling the house so son!!!! Do you think, gosh I hope not! I think the oficial photos could be taken in a more beautiful place like a landscape in the garden or so, bu inside a room with no furniture that was really awful and not appropiate at all for such an ocassion!!!

i thought the same ,biboqhinas, nofurniture for the photo, yes i did not like that, just a plain fire place, not royal at all! i wonder was she was thinking when the priest spoke in danish all the cremony?, even the songs!
but i must say eventhougt i got married in england in a nice castle, i had to repeat a few words in old englsih, and i was so nervous that i couldn't say it properly, my husband laugh but i think it was cute! but i knew what it meant, after 10 years of marriage be have our daughter baptisim and a blessing for us in argentina in the danish church there and it suposse the priest was going to to do the ceremony part in spanish, part in danish as my husband speask very good danish, and my family is danish but i think the priest it was so nervous, that he forgot and spoke all in spanish but my husband didn't mind, he new what he was talking about, o i suppose in a way marie knew too but being royal it is different she should to have some knowledge of the language for the wedding!
Old 05-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Well, maybe tis white camin room was just the best to get all family members in it (to have them all on the group picture).
Maybe all other rooms were simply too small.
The ballhall was probably already decorated for the wedding dinner. So they chose the white camin room. Perhaps there are usually furnitures inside, but were carried aside so they aren't in the picture.
I really don't think there was no furniture inside the room, because of Marie's redecorations.

I am not too fond of the white background either. But apart from that I quite liked the official photos of the whole family. Especially because of the loving gesture between Marie and her grandmother.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Pss Marie's wedding dress is ok not particularly a big fan quite plain to me and the tiara looks too big for her
CPss Mary's gown looks ok but the style doesn't suit her, it makes her look shapeless
CPss Victoria's gown is nice. Love the color but not the tiara. Can someone pls tell Victoria not to wear that tiara :p
CPss MM's too plain esp. against the color of her skin
Love the picture of JOachim walking with his 2 sons

I'm looking forward to Marie's royal duties...
Old 05-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie looked stunning, stunning, stunning...even though I have to agree about the "tan". She is probably the most beautiful Royal bride I have seen in years. I especially loved her veil and tiara, and it is downright uncanny how much she looks like CP Mary. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing Mary and Frederik's wedding photos.

Congratulations Danes!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Was Amber Petty one of the wedding guests? I was quite certain I saw her enter the church with a man and sit in the other section of the church.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Of course not - why ever should she?
This is one of the few times CP Mary has taken my breath away. I am always trying to figure out what the big deal is about her but she looked almost as beautiful as the bride...and she and Marie could easily be sisters!
Old 05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939 View Post
why doesnt Victoria bring her boyfriend to these things , its all a bit silly , we know that she goes out with him and they have been with each for quite along time now.
It´s easy to answer...Victoria and Daniel is not engaged and therfor they can not show them self together when ther is a royal party like a wedding, birthday, baptisem and so on.

Old 05-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post

Marys dress was clearly a light-blue, I've seen it from a distance of approx. 1,5 metres, at it was definately light blue