The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

i was wonder, after his divorce with his first wife, if marie has to sign a pre-nup, i presume this time she had! no acomment about this?if the queen bored hertiara, i presume now she will be more tight with the second wife?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
Finally managed to see Alexia in one of the pictures of the gallery one of the members posted. I found something strange though. This picture it says it's Pavlos with Marie-Chantal, but that blonde lady isn't Marie-Chantal is it, she's not pregnant for what I can see!!!
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
No the blonde lady with prince Nicolaos is his girlfriend Tatiana Blatnik (that is what I read) and not only PPE-agency did make mistakes with the Greek royals but Getty Images did too.

Old 05-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Aristocracy

What a wonderful day...everyone looked fantastic. I couldn't help but think - when was the last time, if ever, a member of the Danish royal house married a Dane?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 AM
Nobility

It is a tradition with the Danish Royal family to marry a foreigner. I don't know exactly why but that's the way it is.

Cat
Old 05-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
It is a tradition with the Danish Royal family to marry a foreigner. I don't know exactly why but that's the way it is.

Cat
while it's quite interesting that most of the weddings in the danish RF (and we could also extend it to the greek part of the family) are with foreign people, it's not unusual since royals travel quite a bit and live quite a 'foreign' lifestyle themselves.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
BTW, what's the deal with Mary wearing a "almost" white dress, I had to practically look at it from various angles and agencies to work out the COLOUR, she looks a bit cheesed off, could be b/c she's not the center of it all now heh?
I think anyone with two good eyes can see Mary's dress was blue. And I've only seen pics of Mary smiling. Can you post one that shows her looking "cheesed off?"

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsnyder View Post
when was the last time, if ever, a member of the Danish royal house married a Dane?
When Prince Christian married Anne-Dorthe Maltofte-Nielsen in 1971, and became Count Christian of Rosenborg. His brother Ingolf married Sussie in 1998, but by then he was already count of Rosenborg due to a previous marriage to a commoner.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Cat
In the event of an 'unequal marriage' (marrying a commoner), Danish princes forfeit their right of succession to the throne. These Danish princes became Counts of Rosenborg.

From what I've read, this particular rule only applied to Danish commoners so marrying foreign commoners was acceptable. I'm not sure if this is really accurate or not so hopefully someone can provide more information.

-Ayvee
Old 05-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Cat
Well, not really if you believe this article:

The Copenhagen Post.- Danish royals always follow their hearts

As for losing the right to inherit the throne on marrying a commoner, this is what Wiki says at: Line of succession to the Danish Throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Denmark uses the same system of (male preference) primogeniture as the United Kingdom.
The Danish Act of Succession [1] adopted on 27 March 1953 restricts the throne to those descended from King Christian X and his wife, Queen Alexandrine, through approved marriages.
Dynasts lose their right to the throne if they marry without the permission of the monarch given in the Council of State. Individuals born to unmarried dynasts or to former dynasts that married without royal permission, and their descendants, are excluded from the throne. Further, when approving a marriage, the monarch can impose conditions that must be met in order for any resulting offspring to have succession rights. Part II, Section 9 of the Danish Constitution of 5 June 1953 provides that the parliament will elect a king and determine a new line of succession should a situation arise where there are no eligible descendants of King Christian X and Queen Alexandrine.

(End of quote)

So I think both Counts did not ask for or were not granted Royal permission.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Courtier

No one mentioned the chauffeur who was the hero for a moment when he came to assist a helpless Marie with her veil :-)

I like this wedding because it was not perfect - because the veil in the wind, the chauffeur, the ill bridemaid and the mistakes of the one remaining bridemaid, the sleeping cute little Prince, the queen who brings the had of her husband into order - these are moments that will definitely not be forgotten by Marie and Joachim...and by us :-)))))
Old 05-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
Finally managed to see Alexia in one of the pictures of the gallery one of the members posted. I found something strange though. This picture it says it's Pavlos with Marie-Chantal, but that blonde lady isn't Marie-Chantal is it, she's not pregnant for what I can see!!!
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

You are right, this is Prince Nikolaos with his girlfriend Tatiana Blanik and his sister Princess Alexia
Old 05-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
was marie's veil the same that all the family used (mary, alexandra, alexia, etc)?
Alexandra (nee Manley/Countess of Fredensborg) hasn't worn the heirloom veil, but Princess Alexandra (nee SWB) has worn it for her wedding in 1998.
Old 05-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Commoner

Next to tie the knot are Albert and Charlene, then William and Kate. I think.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

Elsa, we always share the same opinion about wedding gowns!
Extremely boring dress, very "Pronovias" style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
It’s a preety dress, no doubt, but so boringly vulgar... you can find a dress like that in every shop window of every single country, all around the world… I was expecting something more unique from a royal wedding, but well... she looks preety.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
You are right, this is Prince Nikolaos with his girlfriend Tatiana Blanik and his sister Princess Alexia
Is her name Tatiana Blanik or Tatiana Blatnik? And any idea of her nationality?
Old 05-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Nobility

I thought the wedding was beautiful (much more appropriet than the Peter and Autumn Phillips wedding of last week). I loved every second of it. The gown was beautiful (the brides and the guests), adn everything just so flawless and sophisticated. I would expect no less from this family.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to Prince Joachim and Princess Marie!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

What I didn't like was Marie's tan. It looks fake !
Old 05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
Next to tie the knot are Albert and Charlene, then William and Kate. I think.
I think we have at least two maybe three swedish royal weddings before a wedding in the UK.

by the way prince carl philips emma looks a bit like marie
Old 05-27-2008, 02:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlyKeira View Post
I thought the wedding was beautiful (much more appropriet than the Peter and Autumn Phillips wedding of last week). I loved every second of it.
Yes, that's an interesting point you raise here: Joachim and Marie have given lots of interviews pre-wedding, invited TV-cameras into Schackenborg, posed for numerous pictures, allowed TV to make documentaries. We know about lots and lots of details about past, present and the future they wish for themselves. The wedding was televised and TV reported from morning till night.

Still I as well have the feeling that they didn't cross that small line between allowing the public to celebrate with them and selling out. I hope we will be able to see one day in a officially recognised book some pics from the private part of the wedding and of the honeymoon, maybe they even release a short video of the wedding waltz, but I guess they will very fiercely protect the privacy of their guests on celebrating their nuptials.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding