The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Wow..23 pages!!! I have lots to catchup with..Still, I found a gallery from kjendis.no here:- Prinsen tørket tårene - kjendis.no and another from sesam.no here:- prince joachim wedding 2008 - Sesam . Enjoy

Old 05-25-2008, 05:29 PM

Very many thanks! The links were almost an invitation to the wedding. Joachim's suffering from the previous failed marriage and Marie's role in his healing, gave this one an added degree of poignancy. It is my favorite wedding because of its human warmth and drama within the colorful royal ambience.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I totally agree, User Dane. As a Crown princess Mary deserves something more 'important' to wear , other than just the ruby and/or her wedding tiara. HM needs to rethink what she should give to Mary. After all, Mary will be queen someday!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Who is the woman in this picture? It doesn't really look like Marie, so is it a nanny?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looks like the new Princess Marie to me....
Old 05-25-2008, 06:01 PM
Courtier

Felix

What a wonderfully beautiful boy.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Nobility

I was away for just a few days and missed all the action. Just saw the pictures, Marie's dress is just so lovely. I love the way the lace was so fitted on the shoulders and arms. Also, the fabric wasn't too shiny and photographed well.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Courtier

It was fun today to catch up on all of the odds and ends of the wedding coverage. How disapointing that no pictures of the wedding reception are being released. Maybe the DRF doesn't want another Peter Phillips Hello magazine fiasco!
The official portraits of the family are wonderful, but why - oh - why did they all pose in a bare room with the open door in the corner. Usually they are posed in front of a curtain or tapestry - what a shame!
We all have the Orleans/Cadaval wedding in Portugal in June to look forward to --- should be interesting!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Commoner

I think the mother of the bride was very well-dressed. Very stylish.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga View Post
Felix

What a wonderfully beautiful boy.
I agree! The best-looking member of the family.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Commoner

Now that Marie is a member of the family, and the queen's husband being French, I'm guessing that privately they will speak more French than Danish. What do other posters think?
Old 05-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

The obvious and most logical answer: It would be in her best interest if they spoke Danish to each other.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:32 PM
Nobility

Thank you for all those who posted the beautiful wedding pictures. I like the way the Royal Family of Denmark keep their royal weddings looking royal, with the ladies wearing tiaras and gowns and all the lovely jewellery.

Princess Marie looked elegant on her wedding day and what else would one expect from a French girl?

I have come to love lace trimmed veils ever since Princess Maxima and this one was no exception. I only wish, in Princess Marie's case, that it had not obscured the beautiful tiara from the Royal Danish collection. Her hair was styled exactly as was Crown Princess Mary's but because her veil was much more sheer, her tiara would have stood out more...that would have been perfection! As it is, we are left wondering (from the pictures) which is the tiara and which is the lace design. (Autumn got it right, her tiara was prominent). Also, because of her piled up hairdo, the lace part of her veil at the sides of her face hung down limply and spoiled some of the official portraits.

I like the way the skirt of her wedding dress 'fell down' (can't think of the right word) compared to Autumn's.

On the whole a delightful Royal wedding. Congratulations Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Commoner

About the flying veil, I think it's quite nice that there was a funny moment like that, as long as it didn't lead to a disaster.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Aristocracy

Two pictures from seher.no can be found here:- - Så heldige brudeparet er - SEHER.NO : Danmarks kongehus and scroll down for the gallery. Another gallery can be found here after scrolling down once again:- Prins Joachim tok til tårene - SEHER.NO : Danmarks kongehus
Old 05-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Marie doesn't have a tiara yet, which I think is interesting. The tiara still belongs to Margarethe. I'm sure the DRF has enough money to buy her a small one. Her dress looked wonderfull on her. Very French, and feminine. It was a family wedding. And a small one. It makes me wonder if Marie and Joachim are going to take a lesser role in Danish public life than Alex and Joachim did. She is just learning Danish etc. I also understand they will be spending a lot more time in the Jutland too.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Who is the woman in this picture? It doesn't really look like Marie, so is it a nanny?
Probably a family member, the bridesmaid or the brother's fiancee. On this day, Marie was wearing a tank top and also standing with other family members. Just go through the pictures on your link and you'll see what Marie was wearing.

-Ayvee
Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Nobility

Marie's tiara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100 View Post
Marie doesn't have a tiara yet, which I think is interesting. The tiara still belongs to Margarethe. I'm sure the DRF has enough money to buy her a small one.
I wonder if the Queen is being cautious about giving another tiara out after Alexandra kept the Alexandrine Tiara after the divorce (personally, I think it would be nice if she returned it as I don't think she has a particular use for it now), or maybe her Majesty hasn't found the right one for Marie. OR maybe technically it is a loan but like the DRW forum said, it is hers to kept for as long as the marriage, and the both of them expect the marriage to last forever, so it is as good as hers already. I don't think the princess of the Austurias or Princess Laurentien or Princess Mabel have their 'own' tiaras either.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Aristocracy

I love Princess Marie's wedding dress...I have to admit I was a bit anxious before I looked at the pictures that Marie would do a "Sophie" and choose something "simple", like the nightgown sheath that Countess Wessex wore and I was also worried about the jewellery, that she would HAVE to wear something highly garish and highly inappropriate that her future husband designed for her, like Sophie did...

And I am glad to say I was very pleasantly surprised...Marie's dress was beautiful, simple and looked like a wedding dress...I like the French influence of Calais lace and the lack of jewellery around her neck...very simple and tasteful...Even though she is the 2nd wife of the 2nd son, they didn't hold back in lavishing Marie with such a gorgeous ensemble and sparkly accessories...

Congratulations to the couple and bring on February/March 2009
Old 05-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy

I have the impression that the wedding was so so...

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding