The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Roger´s wife Tiki Tolstrup is a native from Denmark.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCat View Post
This one is so cute!!!!!

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Cat
I love this picture.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
He was at Frederick and Mary's wedding too. Must be a family friend? I noticed his wife wore a tiara as well.

Thanks everyone who replied to my question.
They said on TV that he is a friend of Frederick and Joachim, they met during their work for UNICEF and he has been very supportive for their charities, appears as special guest on events etc. Plus his wife is Danish?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Courtier

I didn't get the see the live stream...did they finally wake poor little Felix up? Nikolai is such a sweet brother

Poor little guy. He just has a tough time at big events. He was sick during Christian's christening, wasn't he?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
I didn't get the see the live stream...did they finally wake poor little Felix up?
Haha, yeah they did.
Actually he didn't sleep very long.
He fell asleep while Marie and Joachim recieved the blessing of the Bishop, but he was waking up soon again.
Anyway he looked really tired when he left church with his brother and grandparents.

Old 05-25-2008, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Mary looked better than I have seen her before. I'm glad she did not try to be the center of attention!
Of course not - why ever should she?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I think she wears this tiara for the more important occasions. Probably she would also have worn it at the State-Visit from Sweden last year if she had attended the State Banquet.
I mean that she wear this tiara more like band - it's lay down.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
I didn't get the see the live stream...did they finally wake poor little Felix up? Nikolai is such a sweet brother

Poor little guy. He just has a tough time at big events. He was sick during Christian's christening, wasn't he?
Yes he was. I think he was feverish and sat - almost hang - on his fathers lab during the christening and was clearly unwell.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Aristocracy

The bride looked very beautiful...
I think Mary looks stunning...very "latina"....
Old 05-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Aristocracy

just a quick note to say thanks to all of you who posted links, etc, and THOUSAND THANKS to Norwegianne who responded immediately when I posted to say I couldn´t see the live stream. I never got to see it live, but could already see photos shortly after the wedding because many of you posted links. Bless you all.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to everyone who posted links.

Marie was hands down the most beautiful Danish bride of recent years. I used to think it would be hard to surpass Alex's beauty at her wedding, but imo Marie did it. The dress was wonderful and the bride smiled at every opportunity.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

B.T. has a few photos photos from the fireworks - and some from this morning of the newly weds outside Schackenborg -http://www.bt.dk/ - click 'Joachim and Marie: Bryllupsnat hjemme på slotte" and then the link 'Se de mange billeder fra natten og dagen derpå' mid page.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
B.T. has a few photos photos from the fireworks - and some from this morning of the newly weds outside Schackenborg -http://www.bt.dk/ - click 'Joachim and Marie: Bryllupsnat hjemme på slotte" and then the link 'Se de mange billeder fra natten og dagen derpå' mid page.
Here's the direct link to the Gallery
http://www.bt.dk/apps/pbcs.dll/galle...=525004&Ref=PH

Old 05-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks Your Majesty - I couldn't make the direct link work.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Finally got a chance to catch up via this thread!

Congratulations to Marie and Joachim!

Marie has now just barely edged out Mary as my favorite royal bride. Loaner or not, Marie won the wedding-day tiara stakes, in my humble opinion.

Everyone looked supremely happy!

May they have a long, long life together!
Old 05-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Commoner

Does anybody knows if Marie has been granted with the Danish order of the Elephant?
Old 05-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

lovely wedding. i think marie was a delightful bride...

mary and victoria's dresses were also wonderful.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 05-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

One more gallery of pics
Derechos España y Portugal: Boda Joaquin de Dinamarca con Marie Cavallier - Agencia Prisma
Old 05-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Cat, just about Anything would obscure Mary's wedding tiara, as it was almost a big nothing for the Crown Princess. Mary really doesn't have a tiara to wear of any importance other than the ruby Parure which is sad, imo. I think she looked elegant as always. It remains to be seen as to how Princess Marie will fare in the future.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Cat, just about Anything would obscure Mary's wedding tiara, as it was almost a big nothing for the Crown Princess. Mary really doesn't have a tiara to wear of any importance other than the ruby Parure which is sad, imo. I think she looked elegant as always. It remains to be seen as to how Princess Marie will fare in the future.
It is difficult to see the number of diamonds there are in Marie's tiara I think - mostly notice the pretty floral motif. Could Mary's wedding tiara - which is definitely 'smaller' than Marie's, perhaps not be smaller in value? Even though Mary's wedding tiara is small, I find it very pretty - and delicate. It would be great though if she had one which was size-wise in between the wedding tiara and they ruby parure.
It is a shame really that the Danish royal house do not share the same way the Dutch do. Queen Margrethe has her favourties among her tiaras - and it would be nice if her daughters in law could use some of the other tiaras.

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding