Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A humongous turquoise neckalace - it is magnificent BUT much too chunky to be worn with a delicate evening dress --- great necklace, must have cost a fortune.
Looks like a piece she may have bought on a trip to the American Southwest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone direct me to a group photo, if they released one?

From what I've seen, I liked this wedding much more than the one in England. The bride's dress was more to my taste, and I wasn't too keen on the bareness of the English bridesmaids.

what amazes me is that when i look at joachim's pictures of his first wedding with alexandra he was actually younger than prince william is today but looks more mature

A humongous turquoise neckalace - it is magnificent BUT much too chunky to be worn with a delicate evening dress --- great necklace, must have cost a fortune.
Looks like a piece she may have bought on a trip to the American Southwest.

;)- according to Danish magazine Alt for Damerne (ALT for Damerne scroll down a bit) the necklace is made by Gerda Lynggaard for Monies (Monies Jewelry)

Were there any pics of the newly married couple with Fred and Mary?

Marie looked stunning, stunning, stunning...even though I have to agree about the "tan". She is probably the most beautiful Royal bride I have seen in years. I especially loved her veil and tiara, and it is downright uncanny how much she looks like CP Mary. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing Mary and Frederik's wedding photos.

Congratulations Danes!

I have to agree with this. Marie really surprised me but she looks absolutely stunning. And surprisingly nothing was too overdone (which is what I was expecting)! Well done Princess Marie.

I have to agree with this. Marie really surprised me but she looks absolutely stunning. And surprisingly nothing was too overdone (which is what I was expecting)! Well done Princess Marie.
I have to agree, I was stunned when I saw the pictures of Princess Marie, she looked absolutely beautiful. Not overdone or underdone. Wonderful! I thought the whole affair was very tasteful. I am hoping she will keep us pleasantly surprised.

Marie looked stunning, stunning, stunning...even though I have to agree about the "tan". She is probably the most beautiful Royal bride I have seen in years. I especially loved her veil and tiara, and it is downright uncanny how much she looks like CP Mary. I had to look twice to make sure I wasn't seeing Mary and Frederik's wedding photos.

Congratulations Danes!

Amen to that!:flowers:

I have 2 questions regarding posts of this thread:
Does anyone know the secrets of Mary's complexion? nutrition,cosmetics etc?

Mette Marit didn't look her best, any reason for that?

I don't know why there are people who think Marie's tan in fake. I think her skin colour is natural. Some people are more tanned than others and I'm used with people really tanned so maybe for people from Scandinavian is a little strange Marie's colour skin.
And who are the gorgeous guys in the picture of Marie and Joachim's family? Her brothers, I presume.

I don't know why there are people who think Marie's tan in fake. I think her skin colour is natural. Some people are more tanned than others and I'm used with people really tanned so maybe for people from Scandinavian is a little strange Marie's colour skin.
And who are the gorgeous guys in the picture of Marie and Joachim's family? Her brothers, I presume.

You might be right. Her skin doesn't look sun damaged either. I remember when she was first discovered, she was described as a "dark" beauty. (People were wondering if Joachim's new GF was black.)

You might be right. Her skin doesn't look sun damaged either. I remember when she was first discovered, she was described as a "dark" beauty. (People were wondering if Joachim's new GF was black.)

Marie said in the wedding documentary that during the years she lived in Geneva she went skiing any weekend in winter. Plus she owns a dog and Geneva is a lakeside town with a pleasant climate, so Marie probably had daily sunshine on her face..

Remember that Mary was tanned, too when she came to Denmark but how fast that changed? It might be different with Marie as she lives closer to the sea and could take walks with their dogs daily at the coast, so getting more UV than Mary in Copenhagen, but still - the South of Denmark is not the South of Switzerland when it comes to the intensity of sunshine.

If you are using protective facial creams and get you tan from doing sports under the real sun, then at Marie's age you normally are not sun damaged, especially not if you are a Franco-Latin-type like she is.

Last edited:
I completely agree with you, Jo.
I'm a Latin type (skin phototype 3, as my dermatologist said! ;)), I live in southern Switzerland, too and I enjoy spending some time in the sun.
I have to admit I'm not as tanned as Marie is, but an appropriate anti-UV screen and good sunglasses can help you to save your skin. That's why (Bescheidenheit ist eine Zier, doch weiter kommt man ohne ihr... :D) I look younger than many other women of my age.

Marie said in the wedding documentary that during the years she lived in Geneva she went skiing any weekend in winter. Plus she owns a dog and Geneva is a lakeside town with a pleasant climate, so Marie probably had daily sunshine on her face..

Remember that Mary was tanned, too when she came to Denmark but how fast that changed? It might be different with Marie as she lives closer to the sea and could take walks with their dogs daily at the coast, so getting more UV than Mary in Copenhagen, but still - the South of Denmark is not the South of Switzerland when it comes to the intensity of sunshine.

If you are using protective facial creams and get you tan from doing sports under the real sun, then at Marie's age you normally are not sun damaged, especially not if you are a Franco-Latin-type like she is.

According to the Danish magazine Se og Hoer Joachim and Marie are spotted in a remote luxury hotel in Canada.

No, the hotel was not named, but they said, it is near Tofino and can be reached only by seaplane from Vancouver.

That is an interesting choice for a honeymoon destination. It sounds lovely.

This seems to be my question, :lol:! But are there any pictures of Princess Marie without the train?

A few pictures I took on the day of the wedding, and the day after in and around Mogeltonder

the joined monogramm on the gates of Schackenborg Slot
Mogeltonder Kirke the day after the wedding
in Mogeltonder Kirke
a glimpse of J&M after the service
at Graasten
in the streets of the beautiful village of Mogeltonder

Thank you for posting your pictures jinigirl!:flowers:

There are very beautiful ones!

This is the first time that I have seen this picture. Joachim is so in love with Marie, and it has never been more evident than during their wedding. He just could not stop looking at her on that day. It is so romantic and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom