The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
Having seen the interview, I think Joachim should have been the first-born!!!Of al the royal women of Europe, I find the wife of the Spanish crown-prince the most interesting.
Funny you say that, I've been thinking the same about joachim - an excellent crown prince he would make, in so many ways!

And, and this may sound totally twisted, I know, but as for a crown princess, in recent years Mary, of all people, has shown some real growth and strength as a CP.

She's made some interesting progress in that her choices of things she attaches her name to, are often ones that other CP's or others in general, would deem controversial, i.e. making a statement against bullying, depression, etc.
In her own quiet way, over the past years she's really shown some clout! Now if only Joachim had been CP and Mary his spouse..would have been really interesting. No offense to Marie! But she just doesn't seem as visionary as Mary! And Fred, well, he's a good guy but no visionary either!

Back on topic, as Joachim proved today, on top of everything he can look like a prince from a Disney story book!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Having seen the interview, I think Joachim should have been the first-born!!!
And why is that may I ask?! Was it because he was so incredibly emotional like his brother at his wedding or is it because he may or may not look better in his uniform?

Quote:
If she has worn that dress a couple of times before, she must take recycling very, very seriously!

You should read the response from Larzen.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Gentry

Ithink Princess Marie was a wonderful bride and to me her dress was perfect. It may not be original but not many brides will look as royal and proud as her in the same kind of dress. She carried herself very well and it couldn't been easy for her. Thumbs up for elegance and good taste!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
And why is that may I ask?! Was it because he was so incredibly emotional like his brother at his wedding or is it because he may or may not look better in his uniform?
Granted I can't speak for others, but my two cents is that Joachim is the spitting image of his mother, physically not only, but mentally as well. Which means to say he is someone who is mentally visionary, intellectual, and creative, the last part in Joachim's case embodied in his vision for, and work on, his farm and agriculture. Creativity comes in many forms, and Joachim has it in spades.

Yes he looks good, but moreover he is very very eloquent and articulate in a way his older bro cannot even dream of ever achieving. Just from Joachim's interview with Marie, he had these explanations and theories on how to introduce his sons to his new love and incorporate the two into one entity that would make everyone happy. And explaining it as he did, he showed a keen ability to abstract thinking and vision that his brother either doesn't have or can't articulate well to the media.

Joachim seems to be a deep thinker as well as a creative doer and that combo of talents would work well in any white collar profession not least the role of CP.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Did you expect something by Dior? Or maybe a dress to equal that of Melania Trump? It's Marie's taste, Marie's choice.
Don't worry! We have Kate Middleton's dress to look forward to.
This dress was the perfect choice for Marie. She does not even take chances in her everyday wear from what I have seen so far. Her clothes have been ho-hum up til now - maybe she isn't consumed by the latest fashion. Maybe this will change ...
Old 05-24-2008, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Does anyone know if those of us who missed the live telecast, can see the wedding anywhere?? This may have been asked already so sorry if i have missed it.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Marie's dress is so beautiful! Simple, with the lace is really suited to her IMO. She and Joachim looked so happy

As for the other women, Margrethe wasn't as flashy as I thought she would be Mary looked fantastic, one of the thoughts I had was that she would wear a pale blue colour and she did! Mette-Marit and Victoria both looked great also, but Vicky - please, for the sake of mankind, melt that tiara down! Martha-Louise looked as if she was wearing a sack, the colour was nice, but the design did absolutely nothing for her shape. Carina, Carina, Carina - in a tiara no less! Made my day!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Nobility

I absolutely loved Marie's dress......it was classic and very simple to me!
Old 05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
Granted I can't speak for others, but my two cents is that Joachim is the spitting image of his mother, physically not only, but mentally as well. Which means to say he is someone who is mentally visionary, intellectual, and creative, the last part in Joachim's case embodied in his vision for, and work on, his farm and agriculture. Creativity comes in many forms, and Joachim has it in spades.

Yes he looks good, but moreover he is very very eloquent and articulate in a way his older bro cannot even dream of ever achieving. Just from Joachim's interview with Marie, he had these explanations and theories on how to introduce his sons to his new love and incorporate the two into one entity that would make everyone happy. And explaining it as he did, he showed a keen ability to abstract thinking and vision that his brother either doesn't have or can't articulate well to the media.

Joachim seems to be a deep thinker as well as a creative doer and that combo of talents would work well in any white collar profession not least the role of CP.
A very interesting indepth analysis of someone... thanks for offering your opinion.

Moving on, the entire wedding was simply beautiful and very romantic. Marie looked sweet. I loved Mary's gown... she looked ravishing. It was lovely to see Victoria, Natalie, Mette Marit, Carina, and the Greek girls. Though I will say Princess Benedikte looked fantastic. I love her tiara.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Courtier

Try YouTube missjane. I think someone's already posted it there.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by missjane View Post
Does anyone know if those of us who missed the live telecast, can see the wedding anywhere?? This may have been asked already so sorry if i have missed it.
Try this by dr.dk. It's about 29 minutes and shows the wedding.

> dr.dk tv - Det vil jeg se!

-Ayvee
Old 05-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Commoner

I loved Marie's overall look. The dress was rather ordinary but nice still.
I think the best part was that she had the sparkle.
And like many others, I enjoyed Joachim crying and hugging his boys
Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa View Post
When the bride and groom turned to leave the church and curtsy to Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik, it looked to me like Joaquim stopped her before she was suppose to curtsy or was she just getting herself and her veil and train turned correctly?

Yes I noticed that as well. It seemed as if he was telling her not yet.

Does anyone have a pic of Carina in her tiara?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
And I want Queen Margrethe's gigantic diamond necklace! Such a mind-boggling display of big rocks just makes me dizzy.
Haha..that is a very impressive collection of rocks, I must say.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit View Post
Does anyone have a pic of Carina in her tiara?

Carina wearing a tiara

one more

ppe
Old 05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

What a treat to get a rare glimpse of Prince Phillipos of Greece at the wedding of Prince Joachim & Princess Marie. He's incorrectly identified at Nikolas in this picture but its definitely Phillipos. He's a cross between Pavlos and Nikolas. Nikolas was incorrectly identified as Pavlos and Tatian and Marie-Chantal. The difference between Phillipos and Nikolas? Phillipos wearing a red sash and Nikolas wearing light blue.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 05-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Courtier

Philippos is wearing the Royal Order of George I, while Nikolaos is wearing the Order of the Redeemer.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Courtier

Thank you saaay and ayvee. will have a look now.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Sorry, SASSY.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

How is possible Carina use a tiara? she is not a princess, so how does it work? anyones know?
i must say I love the dress the veil and the tiara of Marie, she looks beautful, eventhougth i think she is not beautiful to me, but she loos incredible, it must be love! and happiness! I think it was a lovely wedding, the church, so cosy, flowers, etc..., I love Mary her dress too, the queen , I think it was very emotional wedding.
pitty not to see more of the rest of the royals
anywayI enjoy to see the wedding and I love the boys, I would love to see a video of the party!!!! is any ?
lovely, lovely, lovely!!!!!

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding