The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Courtier

I though the whole thing was just wonderful. I was a little disappointed in Marie's dress but it was obviously what she wanted and it's her day after all. I loved Mary's dress, the colour and the way it moved as she walked were so beautiful. Everyone looked so happy and they had such beautiful sunshine -what more could you ask for!

Although perhaps someone could of told Marie's bridesmaid that she was arriving so she could be there to help her out of the car and she did a very bad job of settling the dress once Marie was seated, I'm sure I saw Prince Henrik move the dress off his and Queen Margrethe's feet.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Courtier

I love Marie's dress --- she will look back in 20 or 30 years and know that she looked classic and timeless in her beautiful dress.

Ari Behn has certainly cleaned himself up --- he has looked pretty scruffy recently with the long, greasy looking hair.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
Just wondering. On the royal website she is title HRH Princess Marie, Countess of Monzepat. Is the prince Count of Monzapat, or is this an additional title the queen bestowed upon her?
The title Count/Countess of Monpzeat was given by the Queen to her sons and grandchildrens at the End of April. As Joachim's wife Marie is now also Countess of Monpezat besides beeing Princess of Denmark.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Is her veil the one that is always worn by Danish brides ie the one that was worn by Mary, Queen Margarethe; Queen Anne-Marie etc. I can't tell but I don't think it is which is a bit odd.
No it's another one. The historic veil was only worn by Mary apart from the female descendants of Queen Ingrid.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Are they broadcasting the reception with toasts, dance, etc.? I haven't seen any footage or pictures of it at all.

Nope, that's it.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

I think Princess Marie looked lovely! The dress was simple and elegant...much the way she has presentrf herself to us in every event we have seen her. I loved Princess Alexandra but I am thinking that this is a better fit for Joachim...he seemed really happy and I loved it when he hugged his sons.

Crown Princess Mary looked lovely was well.

And I am sorry, I like Mette Marit's dress....but isn't this like the third or fourth wedding she has worn this to? I am all for recycling but goodness gracious.

I must say this was simply a lovely wedding. All of the ladies looked very nice. Not sure about Martha's dress...but she is expecting...so I will give her a pass.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
And I am sorry, I like Mette Marit's dress....but isn't this like the third or fourth wedding she has worn this to? I am all for recycling but goodness gracious.
Nop, she has only worn it once before, to the brazillian state visit last year, never to a wedding. And considering Sonja has worn outfits to weddings that has been worn 10 times before I dont think this is a big issue
Old 05-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
It's strange that everyone thinks she has worn this dress so often.
As Larzen said she just wore it 1 time.
And I cannot remember she wore a smilar dress to that one before the State Visit from Brazil.
She doesn't even wear pink that often...

Btw:

Here are pics from Bunte
Prinz Joachim & Marie Cavallier: Tränen vor dem „Ja“-Wort - BUNTE

Traumhochzeit in Dänemark - Bilder - BUNTE

Old 05-24-2008, 06:39 PM
Administrator

She has worn this dress prior to the Brazillan visit. It was either in London and she wore a variation to Constanin & Laurentien's engagement party. That could be it. But everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.

It was lovely to see Carina in a tiara......hopefullly one day she will be the bride.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
It was either in London and she wore a variation to Constanin & Laurentien's engagement party. That could be it. But everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.
Ah yeah, the one in London was pink too.
But it was different. It had a different neckline and was made of a different fabric.
Here you can see a picture.
Quote:
It was lovely to see Carina in a tiara......hopefullly one day she will be the bride.
I hope soon! She and Gustav are such a lovely couple!

Old 05-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It's not bigger then Alexandra's. I think it looks only so in some of the pictures because of the embrodery on the veil. Alexandra's got one of the biggest tiaras of the danish RF even bigger and higher then most of Queen Margrethe's tiaras, perhpas apart from the ruby tiara.
I ment "big" as much diamonds on it. There are a lot of royal tiaras which are grand but they don't have a lot jewels on it. And then there are some tiaras which are small but really massive. These ones are more expensive than the wannabe bigs. And then of course there are some which are big and massive. They are the best ones
Alexandras tiara was very filigree, Maries is more present.

What I forgot to say: I loved Maries hair and veil.
Old 05-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post

Yes, I do think the cut of the dress was flattering but the dress did not seem spectacular or unique in any way. My mom and sister in law both got married in inexpensive off the rack dresses that looked very similar to Marie's.

Simple but flattering worked for them but I've gotten used to royals doing their wedding dresses a little bit differently than the rest of us so Marie's dress seemed ordinary and not royal. That's not a criticism of the dress; just an observation. The one criticism about the dress I do have is that this particular shade of white was not flattering to her skin tone. I think she needed a brighter white to show off her tan.

I loved her earrings and tiara though.
Couldn't agree more.

The bouquet though, as others already pointed out, was nice (didn't like the colors really) but didn't fit the bridal outfit or occasion.

No one though as far as I've seen has mentioned how handsome the groom looked! Gotta say from the interview with him, it's underlined yet again how intellectual a person he seems to be..in that sense, his choice in women really juxtaposes that, but then again, I do not know these people personally. Marie seems nice and she's a beauty obviously but she doesn't seem that interesting a person..but then again, that might well be just how Joachim likes it!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon02 View Post
Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress?

Her dress seems like the dress of a woman afraid to take a chance and wear something more original (unlike many if not most of the recent Royal brides). Why would the designer she used not have tried to persuade her to choose something distinctive, so that it would look like a one-of-a-kind design rather than simply a variation of a copy ordered at a bridal store.

I wonder if the dress was chosen by Marie to try to "play it safe" and not make a fashion "mistake".
Did you expect something by Dior? Or maybe a dress to equal that of Melania Trump? It's Marie's taste, Marie's choice.
Don't worry! We have Kate Middleton's dress to look forward to.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Courtier

So i have just spent all morning catching up on all the posts, due to a big night celebrating my anniversary, coincidently same day as this wedding.
Loved Princess Maries dress, very feminine, very pretty and much more then i expected. Also her flowers were lovely and simple. She really looked radiant.
So touching to see Joachim emotional, quite a turnup for him.
CP Mary looked amazing, quite a brave dress choice, i agree she looks very slimm and pale. But the dress was pretty and the jewels more than made up for the colour. CP Frderick looked very handsome. They both fit the title they have so wonderfully.
CP Victoria was my second favorite. The colour was amazing! Gorgeous, and looked much nicer without the wrap covering the pretty straps. Didn't like the tiara though.
Overall very impressive, touching wedding, managing to be intimite and personal amongst all the formalities.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Commoner

no office pics yet guys
Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Gee, I hate myself for what I am about to say but I could not help but notice, CP Victoria is kind of starting to show a little age. Seems like kind of uncommon wrinkles going on for someone that is only 30. It almost looks as though it's sun or tanning related.

ANP Beeldbank
Old 05-24-2008, 07:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post

No one though as far as I've seen has mentioned how handsome the groom looked! Gotta say from the interview with him, it's underlined yet again how intellectual a person he seems to be..in that sense, his choice in women really juxtaposes that, but then again, I do not know these people personally. Marie seems nice and she's a beauty obviously but she doesn't seem that interesting a person..but then again, that might well be just how Joachim likes it!
Having seen the interview, I think Joachim should have been the first-born!!!Of al the royal women of Europe, I find the wife of the Spanish crown-prince the most interesting.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Princess Marie's dress is incredibly chic, simply breath-taking. I've seen a lot of royal wedding dresses over the years and this one is my new favourite. It allows Marie's personality and natural beauty to shine through and doesn't drown or overwhelm her (as I've noticed with some of the wedding gowns in recent years). She looks fresh and radiant, the perfect bride really. Also love the back of the dress, very elegant. The bridal bouquet was beautiful!
I also really liked CP Mary's dress. Her tiara was a little too big for the occasion in my opinion.
Another favourite today was CP Victoria, lovely dress, gorgeous colour.
Old 05-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
If she has worn that dress a couple of times before, she must take recycling very, very seriously!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
Gee, I hate myself for what I am about to say but I could not help but notice, CP Victoria is kind of starting to show a little age. Seems like kind of uncommon wrinkles going on for someone that is only 30. It almost looks as though it's sun or tanning related.

ANP Beeldbank
Probably too much sun, yes. The sun and smoking are women's biggest enemies.

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding