Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
still no official pics?
Not at the moment!

Old 05-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Although I am not keen on the wedding dress and tan, Princess Marie looked appropriate. Her veil was magnificent. The way she styled her tiara and veil reminded me of Crown Princess Mary.
The blue/green-silver dress worn by Crown Princess Mary was stylish, but the colour choice was far from perfect. I agree with those members, who stated that this style of dresses is what Crown Princess Maxima is known for wearing.
Crown Princess Mette Marit looked great and happy. This delicate pink became her very much.
Crown Princess Victoria’s coral dress was good choice. Yet again she accompanied Norwegian Crown Princely couple. Could it possible to send Prince Carl Philip with her?
I like to see CP Victoria with Haakon and Mette-Marit. they seen to be good friends and have a lot of fun together. every time I see them together I feel like they happy to have each other

Old 05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Commoner

The official pics wil go see or nt and the ball we go see too?
Old 05-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Gentry

Here is a lovely picture of the newlyweds from Yahoo
Denmark's Prince Joachim married Marie Cavallier of France in ... - Yahoo! News Photos
Old 05-24-2008, 03:52 PM

Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress?

Her dress seems like the dress of a woman afraid to take a chance and wear something more original (unlike many if not most of the recent Royal brides). Why would the designer she used not have tried to persuade her to choose something distinctive, so that it would look like a one-of-a-kind design rather than simply a variation of a copy ordered at a bridal store.

I wonder if the dress was chosen by Marie to try to "play it safe" and not make a fashion "mistake".
Old 05-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Gentry

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon02 View Post
Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress? .
I do not like her wedding dress, either, not at all! it just does not like a royal wedding dress but a so normal and boring one!
Old 05-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
I think the dress is nice but average. The tiara is beautiful, but I'm wondering, why it's bigger than Alexandras. I guess, they took a look on all the danish jewels and diceded to give that one to Marie, because it fits her the most ( best fitting of the middle class tiaras of course - the big ones are for Marge and Mary )
But I'm a bit dissapointed that she got a bigger one than Alex ( is it obviously that I'm an Alex fan ^^)
By the way, was she invited or did she even congratulate ?

Victoria : I hate this tiara to death
Madeleine: Where was she ?
Mette: I don't like the dress. It makes her lookin pale an a bit "not in shape"
Märtha: as far as I could see her pregnancy makes her look soooo beautiful: Happy, shining, satisfied
Mary : Nearly as white as the bride. A faux-pas in my opinion.
Marge: I didn't like one of her dresses so much for a long time. Great! ( Actually I thought she gives the tiara she wore to Marie. I could have bet...)

Any of the NL, B, ESP, LUX, GB royal families there ?

Mary's dress isn't close to white. Ice blue/pale blue.....not white.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Marie's dress is SO beautiful!!

I'm watching it (thanks GT for the link) and I am loving all the event. The Danish Royals really know how to prepare a royal wedding!
Wait till you see the pomp and ceremony when William marries Kate!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Commoner

Marie's dress was so beautiful, the veil was....WOW. Defiantly one of my favorite, if not the favorite wedding dress ever. What a great day, and the ceremony was just right. The perfect day all around!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by viola View Post
A very beautiful wedding dress.
Yes, the dress is beautiful in its simplicity, and her tiara is among the nicer ones. I must say the mother of the bride looked very glamorous.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Gentry

When the bride and groom turned to leave the church and curtsy to Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik, it looked to me like Joaquim stopped her before she was suppose to curtsy or was she just getting herself and her veil and train turned correctly?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon02 View Post
Why would Marie, with the resources to use the best ideas of any designer in the world, choose such a relatively boring, ordinary wedding dress?
Because it's what she likes and she wants to wear her own type of dress at her big day?
Why are people so focused on original wedding dresses and something "extraordinary"?

The dress they wear is the type they like and that is just as it should be. If it is deemed "too traditional, too boring, too ordinary" or whatever, then so be it.
Perhaps she doesn't care for wearing something totally new?

Personally I think she was a beautiful bride and I wish them all the luck.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Time for my 2 cents:

I think that Marie looked lovely, the top of the dress was stunning, although I did feel that the skirt sat better in some photos than others. Her bouqet was very nice and her jewellery very tasteful - I will be interested which tiara Marie ends up having as her regular tiara, because Mary is (it seems) only able to wear the parure on very specific occassions and I feel that that would mean that Marie outshadows Mary with todays tiara.

I liked Mary's dress (once I got used to it). It is similar to some of Maxima's I'll grant you, but Mary has worn tiers before too. I think that while it is pale, in daylight it would not be too close to white.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

PPE Agency
Old 05-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Sorry to ask this, but was Alexandra invited to the wedding? I have read somewhere that Joachim and Alexandra still are friends, which I think is great. Maybe Marie asked Alexandra for some advice?
I don't think the Countess was invited, it would have been very akward if she did attend. Joachim didn't attend her wedding.

I thought Marie looked beautiful in her dress but I'm not a fan of the tiara.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by contessa View Post
When the bride and groom turned to leave the church and curtsy to Queen Margrethe and Price Henrik, it looked to me like Joaquim stopped her before she was suppose to curtsy or was she just getting herself and her veil and train turned correctly?

Yes, Joachim stopped her. At least that was my impression too.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Nobility

I thought Princess Marie made a stunning bride the dress,earrings ,tiara were beautiful.

How sweet that Joachim had tears

Mette Marit looked beautiful and the more I saw of Voctiroa the more I liked her dress although I liked it better witout that overcoat or shawl.

Mary dress was awful and she's a personal favorite of mine! The icy blue was pretty but it was not the right color for her almost any shade of green would have been more flattering for her and I hated the tiers but I did love her tiara it was beautiful.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Countess of Monzepat

Just wondering. On the royal website she is title HRH Princess Marie, Countess of Monzepat. Is the prince Count of Monzapat, or is this an additional title the queen bestowed upon her?
Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Is her veil the one that is always worn by Danish brides ie the one that was worn by Mary, Queen Margarethe; Queen Anne-Marie etc. I can't tell but I don't think it is which is a bit odd.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Are they broadcasting the reception with toasts, dance, etc.? I haven't seen any footage or pictures of it at all.

By the way. I believe this is Mary's first royal wedding besides her own. She and Frederik were on their honeymoon when Felipe and Letizia got married. There haven't been any other major royal wedding since then. Some of the Von Vollenhovens got married, but Mary didn't attend those events. They were more private occasions anyway. Well, I guess there was Charles and Camilla's wedding, but that wouldn't have been a large affair because of the second marriage.