Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier: May 24, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I liked the overall look for a the bride. I loved the back of the dress and the veil, which perhaps compensated for my lack of enthusiam for the front neckline.

I think she is a very beautiful bride and I hope she brings much joy to Joachim and the DRF.

I have to disagree with some and say I didn't like Crown Princess Mary's dress at all. I just didnt like the colour or the ruffles on the skirt. Just my opinion.

I love the official pictures. Especially the group one with Nikolai and Felix on Prince Henriq's knee very sweet. Both boys seem very close to him.
Also LadyCat thanks so much for the photo of sleeping Felix. Mary and Nikolai looked so sweet trying to wake him up:wub:

And pardon my ignorance but who is Prince Harald? He is mentioned on PPE on the official pictures?

Last edited:
Marie looked beautiful. She seemed very happy. Just a beautiful wedding. I wish them the best.

Marie's dress was lovely. However, it made her look too short. She was beautiful, regardless. The house/palace where the pictures were taken looks empty. Was the official picture taken at their new house? Mary looked better than I have seen her before. I'm glad she did not try to be the center of attention! The tiara was way too big.

What a lovely wedding. Marie looked gorgeous and Joachim looked incredibly happy. I liked Mary's dress, but thought her hair looked a little to severe with the tiara. Victoria's dress was nice and it was a different color than we normally see. I thought Mette-Marit looked really good. Pale pink is one of her best colors. Martha Louise's dress was ok, not really spectacular. But overall a beautiful wedding with a joyful bride and groom! :wub:

Mary nice dress but why she almost always wear this tiara like this time?

Am not quite sure I understand you properly, but normally the Crown Princess wears her bridal tiara, when required to do so for various occasions throughout the year.

As has been the case thus far, the Desiree tiara normally makes an appearance but once a year, at the New Year's Gala Banquet held at Amalienborg Palace.

So this, when comparing to previous occasions, has been a somewhat unprecedented outing for the parure. Well, most of it anyhow.

Am not quite sure I understand you properly, but normally the Crown Princess wears her bridal tiara, when required to do so for various occasions throughout the year.

As has been the case thus far, the Desiree tiara normally makes an appearance but once a year, at the New Year's Gala Banquet held at Amalienborg Palace.

So this, when comparing to previous occasions, has been a somewhat unprecedented outing for the parure. Well, most of it anyhow.

I think she wears this tiara for the more important occasions. Probably she would also have worn it at the State-Visit from Sweden last year if she had attended the State Banquet.

I think Marie looked stunning. I love her gown. Pity you can't see the tiara better though with that veil.
What is this "nightmare"/mishap that happened to Marie I read one poster mention but can't find anything else about?

What is this "nightmare"/mishap that happened to Marie I read one poster mention but can't find anything else about?
I think it was the fact that Marie's niece Saskia, who was to be a bridesmaid, could not attend the ceremony due to a sudden fever. So when Marie had some trouble with her veil and train because of the wind when arriving at the church...the driver had to help her instead of the little girl.

I think that she should have more than two bridesmaid...lack of briedsmaid was an error because when she step outside the car there was no one there to help her!!

I think it was the fact that Marie's niece Saskia, who was to be a bridesmaid, could not attend the ceremony due to a sudden fever. So when Marie had some trouble with her veil and train because of the wind when arriving at the church...the driver had to help her instead of the little girl.

You're right, that was what I meant, but the worst problem was that the people responisble for the timing did not tell the other bridesmaid that Marie was arriving, so when Marie left the car, noone was there to help her. First her father tried to help her but then he had to lead her up to the church door. So when the train made problems, as it as too wide for the carpet, the chauffeur saw it and helped on carrying the train. But he could not help with the veil as well. So when the wind blew up, Marie had to stop and catch the veil herself. Probably she imagined how it would be if the wind blew her veil with tiara away - she can't be used to hair dressed that way! Finally they had fetched the one bridesmaid, very late, and when she took the train, Marie started walking again, only to find that the girl had stepped on the dress. I bet Marie already heard the silk giving way or imagined it and that annoyance showed in her very vivid face when she looked at the girl.

During the service you could see an attendant fethcing the lady in green from a church pew and she was there when Joachim and Marie left the church to help getting Marie's dress safely into the Bugatti. so I believ they asked this lady for her assistence, because the bridesmaid appeared to be pretty nervous and made a lot of mistakes - it is too much for just one bridesmaid! Poor girl.

I think in retrospect Marie will laugh very much about these mistakes, especially as the queen behaved so benevolent when the mishap with the curtsey happened but in the situation with all these high ranked guests it probably was a terrible, terrible situation for her.

I think in retrospect Marie will laugh very much about these mistakes, especially as the queen behaved so benevolent when the mishap with the curtsey happened but in the situation with all these high ranked guests it probably was a terrible, terrible situation for her.

what happened with the queen ?

Princess Marie looks great on her weddingday. And I love the veil:)

Princess Mette Marit: I love the pink dress
Princess Mary: Stunning, the tiara is my favourite.
Princess Märtha Louise: Boring, really messy...
Princess Victoria: Wow...beautiful dress...
Princess Benedikte: Great dress
Queen Anne Marie: Lovely dress
Queen Margrethe: Nice colour, but soo boring dress
Princess Alexandra: Ok
Princess Alexia:I like the colour on the dress
Carina Axelsson: Nice
Princess Theodora: Boring
Tatiana Blatnik: Stunning

Pictures by Madeleine Glindorf:
Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

I watched the summary at NDR yesterday and there was a scene I didn't notice when I watched the Live-stream.
When Margrethe and henrik arrived at the church the Queen was not very satified with the way Henrik's hat was placed on his head.
She was plucking at it, but still wasn't satisfied.
So she took Henrik and they stepped aside (behind a wall) so one could't really see them anymore.
Anyway one could clearly see that Margrethe was straighten out the placement of the hat until she was satisfied with it.
Then they walked up to the church together.
I thought that this was just a very funny and lovely scene between those two. :D

Last edited:
what happened with the queen ?

This is an edited video of the wedding from dr.dk:
> dr.dk tv - Det vil jeg se!
It is 28min 31sec long. At 21:42, Marie and Joachim are stopped in front of QMII, on their way out and Marie is handed her wedding bouquet. After this the couple curtsey together.

A few seconds before this, Marie and Joachim were seated on their stools. They both stood up, walked down a little bit of the aisle and stopped in front of QMII. As soon as they stopped, Marie actually did a tiny mid-curtsey but Joachim stopped her. Then she turned to the front (away from QMII) and said something to her bridesmaid - not sure if the skirt was caught. And then someone handed her the wedding bouquet. During her mid-curtsey, QMII just looked on the couple happily and didn't have any reaction about what Marie did. I don't consider it a mishap or anything like that.

-Ayvee

Marie's ensemble was very lovely. I especially liked the tiara and veil effect in the front. I was distracted, though by how her tiara seemed "better" than the one Mary was given for her wedding day. I thought the skirt was a bit too long and I would have preferred no peek-a-boo sort of effect with the lace at the top of the bodice - it was too lingerie-inspired for me.
She has the most amazing posture! Definitely has a regal air about her.
Joachim's reaction at the first sight of his bride was very heartwarming.

Marie's ensemble was very lovely. I especially liked the tiara and veil effect in the front. I was distracted, though by how her tiara seemed "better" than the one Mary was given for her wedding day. I thought the skirt was a bit too long and I would have preferred no peek-a-boo sort of effect with the lace at the top of the bodice - it was too lingerie-inspired for me.
She has the most amazing posture! Definitely has a regal air about her.
Joachim's reaction at the first sight of his bride was very heartwarming.

But Mary got to keep hers! :eek: Marie just got a loaner. Besides, Mary also has the ruby parure.

Why was Roger Moore there? Swine.

Why was Roger Moore there? Swine.

He was at Frederick and Mary's wedding too. Must be a family friend? I noticed his wife wore a tiara as well.

Thanks everyone who replied to my question.

Roger´s wife Tiki Tolstrup is a native from Denmark.

He was at Frederick and Mary's wedding too. Must be a family friend? I noticed his wife wore a tiara as well.

Thanks everyone who replied to my question.

They said on TV that he is a friend of Frederick and Joachim, they met during their work for UNICEF and he has been very supportive for their charities, appears as special guest on events etc. Plus his wife is Danish?

I didn't get the see the live stream...did they finally wake poor little Felix up? Nikolai is such a sweet brother :wub:

Poor little guy. He just has a tough time at big events. He was sick during Christian's christening, wasn't he?

I didn't get the see the live stream...did they finally wake poor little Felix up?
Haha, yeah they did.
Actually he didn't sleep very long.
He fell asleep while Marie and Joachim recieved the blessing of the Bishop, but he was waking up soon again.
Anyway he looked really tired when he left church with his brother and grandparents. ;)

I think she wears this tiara for the more important occasions. Probably she would also have worn it at the State-Visit from Sweden last year if she had attended the State Banquet.
I mean that she wear this tiara more like band - it's lay down.

I didn't get the see the live stream...did they finally wake poor little Felix up? Nikolai is such a sweet brother :wub:

Poor little guy. He just has a tough time at big events. He was sick during Christian's christening, wasn't he?

Yes he was. I think he was feverish and sat - almost hang - on his fathers lab during the christening and was clearly unwell.

The bride looked very beautiful...
I think Mary looks stunning...very "latina"....

just a quick note to say thanks to all of you who posted links, etc, and THOUSAND THANKS to Norwegianne who responded immediately when I posted to say I couldn´t see the live stream. I never got to see it live, but could already see photos shortly after the wedding because many of you posted links. Bless you all.

Back
Top Bottom