The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
If 'vulgarity' comes in such exquisite cloth and attention to detail...I'll order mine now.
Don't forget mine, Madame!

Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
It’s a preety dress, no doubt, but so boringly vulgar... you can find a dress like that in every shop window of every single country, all around the world… I was expecting something more unique from a royal wedding, but well... she looks preety.

Well I have not been shopping in recent months for a wedding dress. But I really didn't think this one was boring. It had lace detail that was quite delicate but yet it had quite a bit compared to maybe last week's royal wedding. And like I said before the way the waist was lower than on most dresses was unique and helped to keep from swallowing up a petite Marie.

Courtier

Perhaps Elsa M means common not vulgar. The style of dress, though beautiful, can be found in every bridal shop at the moment, perhaps that what was meant
Old 05-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Isabella View Post
vulgar?
I think she want rather say common/plain.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Courtier

The current trend of wedding dresses IMO is A-line strapless gown... (every bride I saw these last years had one)
Old 05-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Courtier

I agree to that point that the dress has no real spectacular elements which would have make it a unique one, but as whole it perfectly fitted Marie. So it is not "vulgar", maybe you can say it is in a way ordinary. But Marie is a commoner and now the second wife of a prince (and not a crown prince). So I think the dress suited the occasion very well.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Strapless? I shudder at the thought...

Quote:
Marie is a commoner
Was, a commoner.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Courtier

Marie looked stunning! This gown is perfection - the back is so beautiful.
Her hairdo (take note Autumn Phillips: hair off the face!), veil and earrings were wonderful. I love the tiara but I wish that the base had been covered (pipe cleaners or velvet?) as I hate to see all of the metal at the bottom showing. Maybe if they had poofed up the front of her hairdo a bit.
The little boys were angels - the interaction between them and Joachim was so sweet.
Mary has looked better - she is so pale and then the washed-out color of the dress contrasting with the bright red of the tiara - not pretty.
The Queen looked fine. Henrik always looks so over the top, pompous, but he seems like a good Grandpa to the little boys.
Victoria looked amazing - but still hate that 4-button tiara .
Mette Marit looked very pretty. Martha Louise looked glowing, but the hair - ugh!
Haven't seen the GRF yet, but the reason Pavlos isn't there is probably because Marie Chantal's due date is very soon.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Yes, sorry, language barrier... I meant "plain", "common", "average", "not original"... something pretty I could find in 5 different stores in my city. I see nothing original in there. Just an expensive version of a very common dress.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Serene Highness

the dress is usual, simple and common, but she looks so nice and lovely in it. that the only thing is important.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Are there any official pictures available or am I too fast with it? :-)))))
Old 05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Yes, sorry, language barrier... I meant "plain", "common", "average", "not original"... something pretty I could find in 5 different stores in my city. I see nothing original in there. Just an expensive version of a very common dress.

No need to apologize, Elsa, many of us knew exactly what you meant in the first place... language barrier or not.

The dress was lovely and the ceremony was sweet. Best of luck to the newlyweds!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Can some Danish member tell me what this video said!, something Spanis?

Brudekjolen spansk og med kniplinger - dr.dk/NETTV/Update
Old 05-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
the reason Pavlos isn't there is probably because Marie Chantal's due date is very soon.
That's true. Marie Chantal can give birth anytime, so she couldn't come to the wedding.
I noticed some of the greek family though.
Queen Anne Marie was wearing a wonderful dress, I think.

TV 2 Kongelig - Gæsterne ankommer til kirken (GR picture 27)
Old 05-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Courtier

I guess I am in the minority here (or perhaps even the only one here ) but after having read so often Marie looked stunning or sensational I was actually a bit disappointed when I finally had the chance to see her. Well, perhaps I will change my opinion again when I will be able to see all of the wedding in one piece, it always gives you another feeling (especially when you have the excitement of seeing everything live).

Marie IS a beautiful bride and I love her flower bouquet and her earings.
The dress and veil I don't know, I think they looked better from the back and side than from the front. And it's quite a traditional style. I have seen many similar dresses (especially the upper part) at German noble weddings, perhaps that's the reason why I wasn't overwhelmed. The tiara is beautiful but you couldn't see it very well because of the veil.

Once again it seemed the bridegroom was more emotional than the bride.
The queen's dress was nice but I don't think that colour suits her very well.
Mary seems to have such a fondness for pale and a little bit boring colours,
I actually think the ruffles kept her gown from being too simple and boring.
(And I don't think it's Maxima-style, she would wear ruffles and a bright colour. Can't imagine her wearing that pale dress.)
Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

waouh! what a beautiful ceremony!!! joackim cried when he saw her at the church!! so touching!!!

Marie was a very beautiful bride!!! her dress is so perfect!!

Pincess Mary was nice as well but i'm not very fond of her dress! but still very elegant as usual!

princess victoria was great too in red!!! i think she has lost some weight!! she's very nice!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggi View Post
Are there any official pictures available or am I too fast with it? :-)))))
haha, I'm looking forward to seeing those as well but I don't think they're available yet!
Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Courtier

I was pleasantly surprised by Marie's wedding attire! I expected something very plain. Hers is the best wedding dress of all the Danish brides. I loved how it buttoned down the back..the lace was lovely..and I can't wait to see a close-up of the tiara!

Q. Margrethe and Bendikte(sp) looked great as did Princess Alexandra in a purple dress that looked like Valentino.

Mary's dress was ok. It looked pale silver/grey. The color was dull and washed her out. Also she should've worn longer earrings. It did flow nicely when she moved and it did remind me of Maxima at the Thai jubilee.

Mette Marit lost some weight! I'm glad, the last time she wore that dress she looked stuffed in it. However I think she wore tan leather shoes with no stockings and she should've worn her amethyst set to look more regal.

I loved coral color Victoria wore.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Ladies, you won't believe this! Now that the wedding is over, the links in the internet work!!! ARGGGGG :-)
Old 05-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Fashion

Marie's dress really looked stunning. After looking at it closer I even like it more.
I like the cut alot. Very elegant and lovely. Timeless somehow.
I loved her whole look.

CP Mary- she looked beautiful aswell. Love that dress on her. And it's great to see her with the Ruby Tiara (I am glad she chose the smaller earrings with it again! The parure looks so much better with the small ones then the giant version of the earrings.)

CP Victoria- lovely colour. The dress definitely suited her well. I don't like that Tiara (Mickey Mouse Tiara).

CP Mette-Marit - love that dress. And it's not old at all. MM has worn it just 1 time before; so I really do not understand why so many people complained about that "old" dress.. IMO she looked lovely with that hairdo and the dress. IMO it's a good dress for her figure.

P Märtha Louise- radiant. She's among the winners today. Mothers-to-be always look glowing- and so did she. I loved her hairdo and the dress. It has been very elegant (I've already been afraid of seeing some crazy dress).

Carina - Well, I am still more then impressed we saw her with a Tiara. Great gesture by Benedikte and Richard to give her Tiara for that event.

Queen M II- loved the color on her. It was a nice tone of pink- not too shiny; not too pale.

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding