The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Serene Highness

I love Marie's dress just simply wonderful! I thought the way the waistline dropped down and then went out into the skirt really made it interesting. Perhaps this design is better for a petite frame.

The Queen looked lovely as well. Never sure exactly how she is going to look but today she looked great.

I loved Victoria's dress! That color is one of my favorites! Someone mentioned this past week that Victoria's face is looking extra full, I certainly noticed that today. I'm not sure if she has gained some weight or not but her face sure does look full and big lately.

Mary looked good if you saw only the top part of her. I thought the color was nice, but didn't like the ruffles. As another member said, "leave the ruffles to Maxima". Mary doesn't have the right frame. I didn't like the tiara and jewelry choice either for Mary.

I like the dress that Mette-Marit chose to wear. Nice to see it again. Her skin tones really work well with pink, and rose colors.

Martha-Louise receives a big thumbs down for her choice of attire. The goldish-brownish color is not flattering nor is the style. And what is up with her bangs? A few whisps would do much better, imo. Not caring for the heavy bang look and the tail like hair coming down over her shoulder.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Another kiss
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/6421/9235616tl8.jpg

Princess Martha Louise and her husband Ari Behn
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8823/81223610aj4.jpg

And another one
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1269/9235661pv9.jpg

Here you can see how wonderful the dress is in the top

Another pic of Victoria
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8936/81223662vf4.jpg

Old 05-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Marie was really upset with that veil thing because of the wind
Old 05-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Speech by Chaplain-in-Ordinary to HM The Queen, Bishop Erik Norman Svendsen

The Danish Monarchy - Current activities - News

The Wedding Rings

H.R.H. Prinsesse Marie of Denamrk
Old 05-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Maybe Mary and Marie will exchange their tiaras from time to time??
Not likely at all. The DRF don't share their jewellery.

Quote:
I was a sort of disappointed of Mary's tiara as it was too "small" for a crown princess
The Crown Princess also has a 200 year + diamond and ruby parure at her disposal.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 05-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

I love Princess Marie dress, veil and earrings. But I don't like her make-up. I think her lipstick was too pale. Especially too her tan/rest make-up.

CP Mary wore very nice ice-blue dress (very Maxima), I like Princess Victoria coral dress too.

In this recycled pink dress Princess Mette-Marit looks heavy pregnant like her sister-in-law.

Prince Joachim sons are so cute.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

Is Marie's tiara "borrowed", or is it hers now? And if it isn't hers, will she get one? And does she have the Order of the Elephant?
Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
No one knows. However, yesterday I posted and translated an article from Der Westen in which they noted that she was "the wife of Prince Gustav." In previous articles they always referred to her as Prince Gustav's life companion.

Perhaps they were secretly married, but I doubt it. In any event, there is no doubt she is a permanent member of the family... married or not and maybe that is why she was given a tiara. Furthermore, she is very close with Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard.

There is no evidence that they are engaged. If they were we would have heard about the Will and how it was turned in Gustav's favor and so forth. To this day, the family is still fighting it unless he gave up and decided to lose everything for marriage.
I thuink if they would be married we would have seen it on the guestlsit. they would then not have referred to Carina Axelsson it wwould have been Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittgenstein-BErleburg. As far as the tiara. It was said on the Royal Jewels MB that it could be the tiara which belonged to the late Fürstin Margareta. Perhaps Gustav inherited it from her and loaned it to Carina.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Courtier

Marie looks beatiful. I lover her dress. One of the most beatiful i have seen on royal ladies!
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
The Crown Princess also has a 200 year + diamond and ruby parure at her disposal.
This is the one she was wearing today, I think..?
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I thuink if they would be married we would have seen it on the guestlsit. they would then not have referred to Carina Axelsson it wwould have been Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittgenstein-BErleburg. As far as the tiara. It was said on the Royal Jewels MB that it could be the tiara which belonged to the late Fürstin Margareta. Perhaps Gustav inherited it from her and loaned it to Carina.

Well, yes, I know that.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Courtier

The new Princess Marie was stunning. Very nice gown who suited her (a large gown whould have "engulfed" her) nice hair, wonderful tiara and delicate veil...

Nice pale color on CP Mary, but the ruffles were a bit "over the top".

Crown Princess Victoria was beautiful, the color and silhouette of her dress suited her perfectly.
Princess Mette-Marit had already worn that pale pink dress, had'nt she? She may be pregnant, her face looked fuller...
Princess Martha Louise looked radiant in her maternity gala gown!
Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus

The designers David Arasa and Claudio Morelli from the fashion house Arasa Morelli have designed the bridal gown.
Is an haute couture creation

Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Is Marie's tiara "borrowed", or is it hers now? And if it isn't hers, will she get one? And does she have the Order of the Elephant?
The Official Royal Website says it belongs to The Queen, which would then suggest it's probably on loan to Princess Marie for as long as she likes.

Quote:
This is the one she was wearing today, I think..?
Correct.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim at the bugatti
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1786/9235721nn0.jpg
Old 05-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Does you know wich is the Wedding Dress designer?
The designers are David Arasa and Claudio Morelli from the fashion house Arasa Morelli.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

It’s a preety dress, no doubt, but so boringly vulgar... you can find a dress like that in every shop window of every single country, all around the world… I was expecting something more unique from a royal wedding, but well... she looks preety.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

If 'vulgarity' comes in such exquisite cloth and attention to detail...I'll order mine now. This wedding gown is haute couture at it's most feminine.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Which part of that dress was vulgar ???
Old 05-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Commoner

vulgar?

Tags
marie cavallier, prince joachim, princess marie, wedding