Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Laraib said:
Are you sure she even WEARS a hijab. I know it might not be true, but one time I was watching this "exclusive" thing on 20/20 about Saudi Royals. According to them, due to their luxurious life styles and endless resources, many of them study abroad, from a young age, and hence become accustomed to living that way. Many of the Saudi Princess DON'T wear hijabs, and since they hardly recieve and press coverage it's easy for them to stay that way. Not saying that some of them MIGHT wear a hijab, but according to the program, they don't wear hijabs,etc. and it's easy to live that way, since they own the kingdom, own the press etc. so the news never gets out. You never know, this all could be a lie?:confused: :)

Yea maybe,everything is possible:confused:

ZZZ said:
when they are out and about in saudi they cover - as the law says. in the privacy of their own homes, many do not wear it. as for when they are abroad, nearly none wear it. if you have ever been to london, paris, cannes etc.... in the summer, you'd see that they are more open then most europeans. both royals and "normals".

lol yea that's true...ehhm

houri said:
I have feeling that she wear hijab , but who knows ? , I hope at least to see a picture for them togather .
Hi all, I know for facts Fahdah does not wear hijab, she does wear the black external robe known as abayah and a black head cover in Saudi Arabia as does every other adult female no matter what her status is, this is by law but abroad she doesn't wear any sort of headscarf, and no Hashim won't reside in Saudi Arabia why would he, he is a commissioned officer in the jordanian army so why go to another country unless he is posted abroad. And for an extra bit of news about her family they just celebrated the marriage of her sister last week to a member of the Sudairi family (relative of her mother) and cousins to the late king Fahad.

tesaweer said:
Hi all, I know for facts Fahdah does not wear hijab, she does wear the black external robe known as abayah and a black head cover in Saudi Arabia as does every other adult female no matter what her status is, this is by law but abroad she doesn't wear any sort of headscarf, and no Hashim won't reside in Saudi Arabia why would he, he is a commissioned officer in the jordanian army so why go to another country unless he is posted abroad. And for an extra bit of news about her family they just celebrated the marriage of her sister last week to a member of the Sudairi family (relative of her mother) and cousins to the late king Fahad.

Thanks for the info ;)

tesaweer said:

thanx for the information .

Last edited:
houri said:
thanx for the information .

let me see if I understand what you are saying , she wear the black head conver as we called ( shela or melfa3 ) ? so does she wher it outside her country ? will we see her conver or she will be like the other princess in the JRF ?

She does wear shela ONLY in Saudi she lives in Riyadh, she doesn't wear it abroad,we will see her like other princesses in the JRF.

tesaweer said:
She does wear shela ONLY in Saudi she lives in Riyadh, she doesn't wear it abroad,we will see her like other princesses in the JRF.

thanx a lot for th info :)

I was think that she must wear shela at Riyadh ( and for sure that does not mean that she like to wear it abroad ) .

tesaweer do you know if they have planning for the wedding ?

ZZZ said:
when they are out and about in saudi they cover - as the law says. in the privacy of their own homes, many do not wear it. as for when they are abroad, nearly none wear it. if you have ever been to london, paris, cannes etc.... in the summer, you'd see that they are more open then most europeans. both royals and "normals".

Maybe you're right

houri said:
thanx a lot for th info :)

I was think that she must wear shela at Riyadh ( and for sure that does not mean that she like to wear it abroad ) .

tesaweer do you know if they have planning for the wedding ?

My pleasure, as for the wedding no date yet but it will be in Amman most likely June or September, will let you know as soon as I find out.

tesaweer said:
My pleasure, as for the wedding no date yet but it will be in Amman most likely June or September, will let you know as soon as I find out.

thank you , and pleas always give us the latest news .

and I hope for them the best :)

Wow tesaweer, thanks for the info. I wish them all the best as well :)

tesaweer said:

thats nice to hear - for them and for us - hope we will see many pictures :)

Laraib said:
Are you sure she even WEARS a hijab. I know it might not be true, but one time I was watching this "exclusive" thing on 20/20 about Saudi Royals. According to them, due to their luxurious life styles and endless resources, many of them study abroad, from a young age, and hence become accustomed to living that way. Many of the Saudi Princess DON'T wear hijabs, and since they hardly recieve and press coverage it's easy for them to stay that way. Not saying that some of them MIGHT wear a hijab, but according to the program, they don't wear hijabs,etc. and it's easy to live that way, since they own the kingdom, own the press etc. so the news never gets out. You never know, this all could be a lie?:confused: :)

The majority of Saudi Royals from what I've seen and heard rarely cover up when at home or abroad. Hiowever Saudi law required all women to cover when outside so then they all cover.

Little_star said:
The majority of Saudi Royals from what I've seen and heard rarely cover up when at home or abroad. Hiowever Saudi law required all women to cover when outside so then they all cover.

as far as I know they dun do so abroad.:eek:

but in my eyes - i think some do so - some not.maybe its a thing how important the wahabit islam is to them.if it means the whole life to them - or if its only the religion they believe in - and rules they follow in the country but abroad they dun have to do so.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think a lot of them keep their robes or 'abayas' if they go abroad.

"as far as I know they dun do so abroad.:eek: "

Last time we were in harrods none of the Saudi Princesses were wearing hijabs or abayas. You can usually spot them becuase they're buying as if they're no tomorrow.

Moreover we oce rented a flat just off Edgware Road in London where alot of wealthy Arabs stay and the building next to us had flats owned by Sudai Royals and the women there weren't covere at all.

After all, Saudi law forces women to cover, they have no choice in the matter so it's hardly surprising if most do not when abroad.

nayeli0016 said:
Yeah, I don't think a lot of them keep their robes or 'abayas' if they go abroad.

I agree.:) ;)

I really hope to see official pictures of the couple at least. I wonder why its taking so long for that to happen.

Hey

Hi,

I was thinking for a long whether I should post this or not, its out of character on my behalf ... But then again I was really worried that someone would state something that is untrue and others would believe it due to the lack of sufficient sources. Also, I do know that there are some people who are of a jealous nature and may start rumors and others cant be blamed for thinking its true due to the fact that they dont know the girl and therefore wont be able to tell fact from fiction in this particular case. That is why I decided to write this ...

I do know Fahdah Abu Nayan as she is a somewhat distant relative of mine, but I haven't seen her for a couple or so years ago. So, its been a while ... But what I can say in reply is she is a very good, mature and well raised young lady from a known and very respectful background (both maternal and parernal) as I am sure Prince Hashem is. About the age, she is 25. And age is just a number in the end all that should matter is the qualities a person possess. But to people who make a big deal out of it, I am sure its only because they are the sort of people who just want something to pick at.

Furthermore, I wanted to correct a fact stated earlier. Ofcourse, with no offense in anyway to the information of the person who stated it. But it said that Fahada's youngest sister Nourah, got married to a member of the AlSudairy family, which are relatives from her moms side. You mentioned that they are related to late King Fahad. Thats true, but the relation also is to all the Kings brothers including the current King Abdullah, as King Abdulaziz's mother, who is all the current King and his brothers paternal grandmother, is from the AlSudairy family as well. Its just that I wanted to correct it. But in the end, and I am sure you will all agree on this ... Tittles, money and status are all superfiticial denominators, who you are as a person is all that matters in the end.

P.S (Wish them happiness, for I believe that by wishing others true happiness, only then can true happiness come your way.)

Thank you very much for taking time to read this, I truly appreciate it ... God Bless.

Take Care ... :)

Last edited:
Moi said:
Hi,

I was thinking for a long whether I should post this or not, its out of character on my behalf ... But then again I was really worried that someone would state something that is untrue and others would believe it due to the lack of sufficient sources. Also, I do know that there are some people who are of a jelous nature and may create rumors and others cant be blamed for thinking its true due to the fact that they dont know the girl and therefore wont be able to tell fact from fiction in this particular case. That is why I decided to write this ... I do know Fahdah Abu Nayan as she is a somewhat distant relative of mine, but I haven't seen her for a long time. All I can say in reply is she is a good, mature and well raised young lady from a known and very respectful background (both maternal and parernal) as I am sure Prince Hashem is. About the age, she is 25. And age is just a number in the end all that should matter is the qualities a person possess. But to people who make a big deal out of it, I am sure its only because they are the sort of people who just want something to pick at.

Still, I just wanted to correct a fact. No offense in anyway to your information but it was stated that her youngest sister Nourah, got married to a mamber of the AlSudairy family which are relatives from her moms side. You mentioned that they are related to late King Fahad. Thats true, but the relation also is to all the Kings brothers including the current King abdullah, as King Abdulaziz's mother, who is all the current King and his brothers paternal grandmother, is from the AlSudairy family as well. Its just that I wanted to correct it. But in the end, and I am sure you will all agree on this ... Tittles, money and status are all superfiticial denominators, who you are as a person is all that matters in the end.

P.S (Wish them happiness, for I believe that by wishing others true happiness, only then can true happiness come your way.)

Thank you very much for taking time to read this, I truly appreciate it ... God Bless.

Take Care... :)

thanks so much for enlightening us all with the above information, wishing prince hashim and the rest of his noble family all the happiness in the world.

Amen, along with every person we both know and love inshallah ... :)

Your very welcome, and thank you for your nice reply ... *smiles*

Last edited:
Moi thanx for the information , and inshallah they will have a good live togather .

Moi said:
Hi,
Tittles, money and status are all superfiticial denominators, who you are as a person is all that matters in the end.

Thanks for the info,umm so u really think that Tittles, money and status are all superfiticial denominators? and it's the person behind that ,that truly matters?
I used to believe that too,but with me getting older,each day I realized I might be mistaken,it's not always like that,I wish this was a perfect world,if it was then what u said wud be true,but unfortunately after all those years,I found out this isn't really true.

yea ur right,when u wish for sm1 to be happy,then Allah (ba3di esmo) will grant u happiness.

Thank you for the information which I'm sure people who don't know much about the ruling family in KSA will much appreciate, but King Fahad and his brothers have a mother which is or was from al sudairi while king Abdallh's mother was from a different family (and tribe) and for example the mother of prince Talal the father of the famous ALWALEED BIN Talal is a third wife altogether, so in way king Fahad was more related to the new bridegroom. With many heartful wishes to both Hashim and the lovely Fahdah may they live happy and healthy ever after.

To Lil Monkey

Hi lil monkey,

I totally respect what you said and I do understand what you meant. To be honest, when I said that tittles, money and status dont matter. I was talking about how I see it, I do know that thats not how it works. Otherwise, the world would be a perfect place and we all know it isn't.

I am not the wisest person alive, nor the most experienced ... But I do have my theories to live by. I was stating that as of my personal opinion, thats how I judge people ... But I dont expect it from every single person, cus its a guaranteed disappointment if I did. But my parents always say, treat others in the exact way you would like to be treated but at the same time, I should never expect people to be in the way I hoped them to be, I should only have that expectation from my own self. And I am sure they are right.

Likewise, I know your right and I admire your views as I am sure your experiences have taught you alot and I respect that. Iam so sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. And if it means anything, I hope you will never ever be disappointed from the outcomes of your experiences anymore, inshallah its always happiness from now onwards ... :)

Take Care.

Last edited:
Tesaweer

Hi tesaweer, your totally right :) ,

As a matter of fact, when I heard about the posts and I browsed around, I mainly read the posts because of what you typed as I thought it was done in a very nice way ... Mashallah.

Its true, King Fahads mother (Allah Yerhamo o Yerhamha) was from AlSudairy family, while King Abdullah's was from AlShraim (If I am not mistaken, if I am please correct me), but I just stated that the true relationship between the two families doesn't start and end with King Fahad, as they are all King Abdulazizs children and King Abdulaziz's mother was Sara AlSudairy and thats where the true ties are. Plus your previously stated fact which is that king Abdulazizs wife mothered 7 of his children one of which is King Fahad.

I didn't mean it to belittle anyones information and I worried someone would view it in that light, and I hope no one did, if so I do apologise cus I didn't mean it that way at all ofcourse. I just meant to add to it cus I know that it might not be a known fact outside of saudi arabia, exactly like I would appreciate it if someone who adds something to information I already have by telling me something I didn't know beforehand.

Again, all respect to all those who are reading this :)

Hope everyone has a great time. God Bless !

Last edited:
Moi said:
Hi tesaweer, your totally right :) ,

As a matter of fact, when I heard about the posts and I browsed around, I mainly read the posts because of what you typed as I thought it was done in a very nice way ... Mashallah.

Its true, King Fahads mother (Allah Yerhamo o Yerhamha) was from AlSudairy family, while King Abdullah's was from AlShraim (If I am not mistaken, if I am please correct me), but I just stated that the true relationship between the two families doesn't start and end with King Fahad, as they are all King Abdulazizs children and King Abdulaziz's mother was Sara AlSudairy and thats where the true ties are. Plus your previously stated fact which is that king Abdulazizs wife mothered 7 of his children one of which is King Fahad.

I didn't mean it to belittle anyones information and I worried someone would view it in that light, and I hope no one did, if so I do apologise cus I didn't mean it that way at all ofcourse. I just meant to add to it cus I know that it might not be a known fact outside of saudi arabia, exactly like I would appreciate it if someone who adds something to information I already have by telling me something I didn't know beforehand.

Again, all respect to all those who are reading this :)

Hope everyone has a great time. God Bless !

Hi Moi , don't worry nobody thinks you are belittling anyone on the contrary it is always nice and helpful to hear from others and believe me we all want to give the right information for other people in this forum and you are always most welcome and I for once will be looking to more of your contributions, till then all the best new friend ;)

tesaweer said:
Hi Moi , don't worry nobody thinks you are belittling anyone on the contrary it is always nice and helpful to hear from others and believe me we all want to give the right information for other people in this forum and you are always most welcome and I for once will be looking to more of your contributions, till then all the best new friend ;)
You are right King Fahad's mother was Hussa bint Ahmad alsudairi and King Abdallah's moter was Fahdah al shraim from Shammar tribe ;)

Mashallah, I am impressed ... If your not saudi arabian and know all that then I am truly impressed !

But, if your saudi then I am still impressed just not as much as if you weren't ... Ha Ha !

*Kidding Ofcourse*

Last edited:
hey moi,

can you tell us if fahdah wears hijab out of saudi? you don't have to tell if you don't feel comfortable...i was just curious because if she does, she will be the first modern jrf member to do so...

Back
Top Bottom