Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope the truth resides in them meeting in August because 6 weeks is a very short time to get to know each other. Unless it was arranged or something. I hope they will release some pics of the couple soon.

Becky24 said:
I hope the truth resides in them meeting in August because 6 weeks is a very short time to get to know each other. Unless it was arranged or something. I hope they will release some pics of the couple soon.
Yea that's what I think too.....Only God knows!

Becky24 said:

I surely hope it wasn't arranged. :rolleyes: Prince Hashem doesn't seem like the type to succumb to arranged marriages.

Last edited:
PrincesPrincess said:
from a very accurate source:
-They only met 6 weeks ago.
-very pretty
-She was in Jordan recently
-she is in Riyadh now.
-they were meant to have an engagement dinner but it was postponed due to the death of the Emir of Kuwait.
-She is 2 years older than him

I'm curious to know which source that is.

nayeli0016 said:
I surely hope it wasn't arranged. :rolleyes: Prince Hashem doesn't seem like the type to succumb to arranged marriages.
I agree, nayeli0016, but we never really know unless we are in that circle, unfortunately. Prince Hashem doesn't really seem like that type to me either. Although, he does seem to be a little bit more of a traditionalist that the others, so who knows!;) :D

Becky24 said:
I agree, nayeli0016, but we never really know unless we are in that circle, unfortunately. Prince Hashem doesn't really seem like that type to me either. Although, he does seem to be a little bit more of a traditionalist that the others, so who knows!;) :D

You're right Becky24, he does seem like a traditionalist than most of the other members of the Jordanian Royal house. But then, we may never know how Prince Hashem thinks and how his decisions are influenced by those closest to him. :)

I have a silly question. Is Prince Hashem one of the children of late king Hussein and his widow Queen Noor?

lil Monkey said:
,they only met 6 weeks ago? well,I thought they were engaged back in August,that was what we heard...Older than him? :eek: now that's a shock,I just hope she's pretty as u said!
Can't wait to see the pics,I wonder smtimes how they think,it's nice to know....:confused:

i cant believe that he married a girl her name is fahdah its really strange name and after 6 weeks only really its z surprise of 2006

marmarina said:
i cant believe that he married a girl her name is fahdah its really strange name and after 6 weeks only really its z surprise of 2006

its announced in petranews.
so ... it seems to be true.
even if its hard to believe.:eek:

i read somewhere that its an ancient name...names from one part of the world sound starnge to people from another part of the world:)

Yea it's an ancient Arabic name,its the fim. of Fahd (fahd for Males and Fahdah for females),im not sure what's the animal called in english but it's as closer as it can get to a tiger,umm maybe a puma?and it's a symbol of strength,that's why old Arabs used to call their sons and daughters that.

lil Monkey said:
Yea it's an ancient Arabic name,its the fim. of Fahd (fahd for Males and Fahdah for females),im not sure what's the animal called in english but it's as closer as it can get to a tiger,umm maybe a puma?and it's a symbol of strength,that's why old Arabs used to call their sons and daughters that.

According to a bunch of baby name sites on the web, Fahdah means leopardess. But you were on the right track lil Monkey. As for the name being a feminine version of Fahd (and vice versa), I hadn't thought of it like that before but it makes sense now lol.

On another note, in regards to Hashim's wife allegedly being two years older than him, it shouldn't be that much of a big surprise (if it's true) considering that aside from his brother Ali, his own father also married an older woman i.e. Dina the first time around.

Also, even though two years isn't that large of an age gap, if the rumours of Noor supposedly not spending that much time with her (especially biological) children while they were growing up (except for Hamzah) are true, perhaps Hashim's partially looking for a mother figure in Fahdah - again if she is really a couple of years his senior.

I think Fahdah's a lovely name, it may sound eccentric but it definitely is exquisite to me. :) I never thought that there would be a female form of the name Fahad, but its interesting to know that there is someone who goes by that name.

You're right lovy_bear, 2 years isn't that considerably big of an age gap between a couple regardless of who is older.

That was an attention-grabbing info you just provided there lovy_bear, I never knew that there was a rumor about Noor not being close to her biological children except for Hamzah. Interesting... Now if that indeed is true, then perhaps it might've had an impact on his decision on marrying Fahdah. At the end of the day though, we can't say for sure what really goes on inside Prince Hashem's head. lol :)

I wonder if we can see her ( Fahdah ) someday, like we saw the other princesses???

nayeli0016 said:
I think Fahdah's a lovely name, it may sound eccentric but it definitely is exquisite to me. :) I never thought that there would be a female form of the name Fahad, but its interesting to know that there is someone who goes by that name.

You're right lovy_bear, 2 years isn't that considerably big of an age gap between a couple regardless of who is older.

That was an attention-grabbing info you just provided there lovy_bear, I never knew that there was a rumor about Noor not being close to her biological children except for Hamzah. Interesting... Now if that indeed is true, then perhaps it might've had an impact on his decision on marrying Fahdah. At the end of the day though, we can't say for sure what really goes on inside Prince Hashem's head. lol :)

sorry what do u mean queen noor not being close to her biological children except for hamzah? thats why prince hashim looks shy?

lovy_bear said:
According to a bunch of baby name sites on the web, Fahdah means leopardess. But you were on the right track lil Monkey. As for the name being a feminine version of Fahd (and vice versa), I hadn't thought of it like that before but it makes sense now lol.

On another note, in regards to Hashim's wife allegedly being two years older than him, it shouldn't be that much of a big surprise (if it's true) considering that aside from his brother Ali, his own father also married an older woman i.e. Dina the first time around.

Also, even though two years isn't that large of an age gap, if the rumours of Noor supposedly not spending that much time with her (especially biological) children while they were growing up (except for Hamzah) are true, perhaps Hashim's partially looking for a mother figure in Fahdah - again if she is really a couple of years his senior.

Yea I wasn't sure of the Animal's name,hehe
LOL a mother figure,ehhhm,that's a bit mean :eek: :D

marmarina said:
sorry what do u mean queen noor not being close to her biological children except for hamzah? thats why prince hashim looks shy?

I was just commenting on one statement that was posted here earlier, I honestly have no idea if that particular rumor is true. According to the one who posted the statement, there was a rumor that Queen Noor is not that close to her biological children, except for Prince Hamzah. I don't think Prince Hashem's shyness has anything to do with such thing, that is, if it is indeed true. But who knows...

Was Queen Noor also there? It is strange if not?

nayeli0016 said:
I was just commenting on one statement that was posted here earlier, I honestly have no idea if that particular rumor is true. According to the one who posted the statement, there was a rumor that Queen Noor is not that close to her biological children, except for Prince Hamzah. I don't think Prince Hashem's shyness has anything to do with such thing, that is, if it is indeed true. But who knows...

QN is told to be shy so ... its the genes maybe.
other children of her seem to be unlike the camera - too.:rolleyes:

and to the rumour... there are always such rumours.I think thats related to the fact that she doesnt talk about them.
there are people who always want her bad in every way.
to me she seems very close to her daughters and i know several unimportant events where she attended with prince hashim too.
so when the relationship is that bad - they wouldnt attend together - at unimportant events.
but thats only my opinion.:eek:

where is el jood and the picture of fahda...
im getting the feeling we wont see her that soon :rolleyes:

we haven't even see the wedding pictures yet!

Two years is really not a big age difference at all.:)

"we haven't even see the wedding pictures yet!"

Saudi custom most likely, her family may not have allowed photographers or if they did they may not permit the pictures to be published.

lil Monkey said:
LOL a mother figure,ehhhm,that's a bit mean :eek: :D

Well it's my personal viewpoint, that if an individual hardly spends any time with their child(ren) on purpose (especially from their infancy to adolescence), that they aren't being very parental. Although, if the person does have a good reason for not being able to bond with his or her kid(s) on a regular basis or even at all, then that's different.

But as I stated in my last post, the idea of Noor playing favourites in the maternal realm is simply a rumour and could very well be an outright lie. She seemed to speak very lovingly of each one of her (biological) children, while being interviewed on a TV show in the recent past (an interview that I personally watched).

And as for Hashim, perhaps his decision to marry an alleged older woman has nothing at all to do with (partly) longing for a motherly replacement. There are a whole multitude of factors as to why a couple can become attracted to one another, especially when it comes to relationships.

Back
Top Bottom