The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Aristocracy

By the way, has he grown his hair??

Old 01-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Courtier

thanks for positng the picture I think it is new and yes he seems grown his hair .

I am wonder if the changes on his appearance related to his wife ?!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
thanks for positng the picture I think it is new and yes he seems grown his hair .

I am wonder if the changes on his appearance related to his wife ?!
You're welcome.:)

Yeah, maybe she's into the long flowing locks!
Old 01-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Courtier

According to archivesgotha.fr, it's only the engagement that took place last week. The wedding is set for later in the year.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Commoner

god his gorgeous!!! this FAHDA is so luckyyyy!!!!!!!! so they have a story they met and fall in love this is sooo coooll cant wiat to know the full story, we ll know if hashem is a romantic guy or not
Old 01-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

This is what I found at Petra under the News Headlines:

"Prince Hashem weds Princess Fahdah."
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jan/09/29952200.htm

The Jordanian media always seem to have this confusing way of making such announcements. I dont know why they say engagement when it is actually the wedding.
From the latest headline, I wonder if it means that Prince Hashem's nikkah has taken place already. That is the Islamic marriage contract and once that is signed, a couple is married. Never mind the fact that they haven't had a formal reception yet. That is how it happened with Prince Hamzah. Although with him and Noor we had an announcement of engagement with pictures, then the marriage ceremony/nikkah, and then the wedding reception several months later.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

It is a wedding

Prince Hashem weds Princess Fahdah

The Royal Court on Sunday announced the marriage of HRH Prince Hashem to Her Highness Princess Fahdah, the daughter of Mohammad Ben Ibrahim Ben Suleiman Abu Niyyan, in a ceremony held Friday in Riyadh. Held in the presence of His Majesty King Abdullah and Emir of Riyadh Prince Salman Ben Abdul Aziz Al Saud, the ceremony was also attended by HRH Prince Hamzah and members of the Abu Niyyan family — Petra
http://www.jordantimes.com/mon/homenews/homenews4.htm

So did the bride get the Princess title after her marriage or was she born a princess? (Im guessing she wasnt)
Old 01-09-2006, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Wow..Is that Hashims new pic?..He looks so changed..He looks more matured and very manly..I think thats what love had made him..I am really surprise about the arab princes love life particularly Jordanians.. Compared with European Princes<who are a tabloid thing when dating someone>,I think arab princes are more secretive and more private when it comes to dating..We had no idea who were they dating, and we thought that they were single and not dating anyone and all of a sudden,the next day- they get married in one or two seconds ..

Old 01-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Nobility

By the way, where was Her Majesty, Queen Noor?..Was she there in Hashims wedding?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

I dont think Queen Noor was there. From the groom's side, only KA and Prince Hamzah were mentioned in the Jordan Times article in post 77

btw..the picture of Prince Hashem is from the alrai link posted by lil Monkey in post 64. Im not sure if this actually is a picture from the wedding. If it were then we'd have also seen a picture of the bride.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

Talking

I think the reason for this is that, this is known as "an engagement" but it isnt in a way if that makes sense. Engagement usually take place in the bride's house according to the MD traditions. However you might say well they're married, but i think when they get married in the public eye u know when the bride wears white or when they become a man & wife officially thats when they get married in Jordan. Plus her father can't excatly go to KA and say will your brother ask my daughter's hand in marriage!!!!so it has to be the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"can anybody explain why they married in saudi arabia?"

I might be wrong about this, but I seem to remember reading that a Saudi girl needs to marry a non-Saudi Arab with the permission of her father in Saudi Arabia. Or soemthing similar, I read it in the book "Daughters of Arabia" by Jean Sassoon about the Saudi Princess "Sultana". I don't remember the exact rule and as I don't have the copy of my book with me I cannot be certain of the reasoning or even if I have remembered correctly.

I can't say I'm surprised by the news, one of my Jordanian friends has been predicting this for a while, although he suspected Hashim would marry a Qatari princess.

Either way Congratulations to Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah, she seems to come from a well-respected/educated family and I hope they may have a long and happy life together.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

"Engagement usually take place in the bride's house according to the MD traditions. However you might say well they're married, but i think when they get married in the public eye u know when the bride wears white or when they become a man & wife officially thats when they get married in Jordan. Plus her father can't excatly go to KA and say will your brother ask my daughter's hand in marriage!!!!so it has to be the other way round. "

Oh, I was refering to a specific Saudi law that poses limitations on Saudi women marrying other Arabs, I cannot remember the exact details though.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

Talking

Oh, ok i see what mean.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"Engagement usually take place in the bride's house according to the MD traditions. However you might say well they're married, but i think when they get married in the public eye u know when the bride wears white or when they become a man & wife officially thats when they get married in Jordan. Plus her father can't excatly go to KA and say will your brother ask my daughter's hand in marriage!!!!so it has to be the other way round. "

Oh, I was refering to a specific Saudi law that poses limitations on Saudi women marrying other Arabs, I cannot remember the exact details though.
in fact the law for men not women because the men can give his foreigner wife his nationelty but women can't and they more strict with the men who work in military .
Old 01-09-2006, 12:21 PM
Commoner

El Jood post the picture of the bride we are waiting
Old 01-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I dont think Queen Noor was there. From the groom's side, only KA and Prince Hamzah were mentioned in the Jordan Times article in post 77

btw..the picture of Prince Hashem is from the alrai link posted by lil Monkey in post 64. Im not sure if this actually is a picture from the wedding. If it were then we'd have also seen a picture of the bride.
yeah - for sure because queen noor arrived there from the states and didnt travel with KA and so from jordan.
thats enough reason for them not to say her name.
well I dunno too but ...
is it really possible - that a son does not invite the own mother to his wedding?
and where are hashems sisters?
maybe there was only no reason to call their names - because they didnt travel with KA PH and so on.

they must have all a very bad character when they treat each other always that bad.... :o

I dun mean the ceremony at first - I mean now the days after the engagement...
Old 01-09-2006, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I Bothered
Picture from Jewels of Arabia

I'm sure its new and I'm assuming its from the engagement/marriage but not certain.
thanks he looks so great :)

well it looks really a bit like - oh his long hairs - thats one of the best pictures I know from him.:o
Old 01-09-2006, 02:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jood
I have my sources...
and i knew it since thursday...but 1st i was really upset from sh.Maktoum's death 2nd...I didnt want to publish something that didnt happen yet...i waited for them to arrive and go to her house then i wrote about it
yeah you seem to be

but you must understand - many people say something like I know the jrf and so on ... and dunno anything.

but its very nice that you share so many things with us here :) :) :) *******
Old 01-09-2006, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

btw.. will Hashem have a wedding ceremony like we saw with Ali & Rym or Haya's ?
Old 01-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Courtier

as I know in saudi traditionals the female relatives of the groom go to the family of the bride before the male relatives to preapare every thing if the family of the bride refused the request of his female relatives then there is no need for the men to go , so there is no need for Queen to be there when the men signing the marriage contract .