The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 787
I found this article about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia "warning" the media against showing pictures of Saudi women. The story doesn't mention Prince Hashem or his new wife Princess Fahdah but it sheds some light on the very conservative rules about showing the faces of women in the Kingdom. I don't know if her moving to Jordan changes this and if we will eventually get to see a picture of her but here is the report from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html. I hope this is not off topic.:)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #522  
Old 05-17-2006, 11:36 AM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I found this article about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia "warning" the media against showing pictures of Saudi women. The story doesn't mention Prince Hashem or his new wife Princess Fahdah but it sheds some light on the very conservative rules about showing the faces of women in the Kingdom. I don't know if her moving to Jordan changes this and if we will eventually get to see a picture of her but here is the report from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html. I hope this is not off topic.:)

No thing in this news related to prince Hashim , the newspeaper and magazine in saudi arabia use the picture of women to sell more , so there are people who didn't like that and they think no need to put a picture for a woman on the cover when she don't say any thing important ! , and they talked about this with the king so he did a move but that don't mean there will not be a picture for women on the news , if the king is serouies he can banned those pictures and no one can do any thing because he is the king , I did read what he said in arabic and it was very clear he is asking not commanding .

the wife of prince Hashim live in Jordan now and if she want to publish her picture she can publish it on any Jordan magazine or newspeaper :)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #523  
Old 05-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
No thing in this news related to prince Hashim , the newspeaper and magazine in saudi arabia use the picture of women to sell more , so there are people who didn't like that and they think no need to put a picture for a woman on the cover when she don't say any thing important ! , and they talked about this with the king so he did a move but that don't mean there will not be a picture for women on the news , if the king is serouies he can banned those pictures and no one can do any thing because he is the king , I did read what he said in arabic and it was very clear he is asking not commanding .

the wife of prince Hashim live in Jordan now and if she want to publish her picture she can publish it on any Jordan magazine or newspeaper :)
Actually, it is very related to princess fahda. It shows you how women in saudi arabia are restricted, if not prevented, from presenting themselves as public figures. Maybe p fahda's main reason for not showing herself was personal privacy, but you can not completely deny that her backround as a saudi arabian must have played a huge part in her decision.
If privacy was p fahda's only reason for not revealing herself, she would have at least appeared beside p hashem in the announcement of their engagement. The pictures of her wedding ceremony she could have kept private.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #524  
Old 05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Actually, it is very related to princess fahda. It shows you how women in saudi arabia are restricted, if not prevented, from presenting themselves as public figures. Maybe p fahda's main reason for not showing herself was personal privacy, but you can not completely deny that her backround as a saudi arabian must have played a huge part in her decision.
If privacy was p fahda's only reason for not revealing herself, she would have at least appeared beside p hashem in the announcement of their engagement. The pictures of her wedding ceremony she could have kept private.
well , maybe what you say right and maybe wrong , because we really don't know her opinion or her reasons .

we saw a few pictures for a saudi princess in the madia so I think it is a matter of choice and for sure tradetion have a big rule in this matter , and she don't live in saudi arbia any more as I understand she is living with her husbend in Jordan she is now a jordanian princess and we know all princess in Jordan had published their picture so if she want too I don't know what could stops her .

any way , persoanlly I understand princess Fahda choice to not publishing her pictures .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #525  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:22 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6324.jpg
Views:	2318
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	244194  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #526  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!
wow she is really cute! and Prince Hashim looks like a bohemian kind of guy...cool! :)

thanks so much for the pic!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #527  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:33 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
wow she is really cute! and Prince Hashim looks like a bohemian kind of guy...cool! :)

thanks so much for the pic!
I didn't believe it was hahsem when I first saw it,but when I zoomed in and looked carefuly it sure looked like him,lol.
Yea isn't she cute and simple? :o

she looks like someone I know VERY WELL,i just put fahdah's pic and this girls pic next to each other, I was shocked of the resemblance...LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #528  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 AM
yivon's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Malaysia, Malaysia
Posts: 33
She is pretty :) Indeed they do make a great pair :)
__________________
-Yi Von-

( "Qubbet el-Hawa" )
Reply With Quote
  #529  
Old 05-19-2006, 03:44 AM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
Thanx a lot for posting this picture , she is really cute and prince Hashim looks cute too , I can't believe we are seeing a picture for her finally , it seems we waited for decade Loool .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #530  
Old 05-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
hooooooooow cute he looks

great picture - thank you so much!
shes really beautifull!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #531  
Old 05-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Thank you for the picture, she is very pretty. She looks tiny next to Hashem, another Felipe and Letizia it seems!

Hashem looks a bit of a scruff, he could have dressed up for the first official photos with his wife. Or is it not an official photo?
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #532  
Old 05-19-2006, 06:30 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
i don't think it's an official photo. they're on their honeymoon which, just like their wedding, is a private and personal event.

i also read it on the Jordan Royal Family club at Yahoo!Groups, and the items says that this photo was taken in Peru, where they went to see Macchu Picchu. :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #533  
Old 05-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
i don't think it's an official photo. they're on their honeymoon which, just like their wedding, is a private and personal event.

i also read it on the Jordan Royal Family club at Yahoo!Groups, and the items says that this photo was taken in Peru, where they went to see Macchu Picchu. :)
Thanks for the explanation, RhapsodyBrat, I didn't realise it was a honeymoon shot. Nice choice of a location!
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #534  
Old 05-19-2006, 08:19 AM
hilal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,428
CONDOR TRAVEL ATENDIO AL PRINCIPE DE JORDANIA EN VISITA AL PERU

http://www.tnews.com.pe/ncomercial/nc42.htm
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #535  
Old 05-19-2006, 08:48 AM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
She is beautiful, cute pair:)
Now, I no wonder why Hashem doesn't show his wife earlier
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #536  
Old 05-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 516
finally!!!! :)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #537  
Old 05-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Monalisa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Namur, Belgium
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!
Thanks,nice catch

So she's not veiled as many thought,she's cute,but seems older than Hashim.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #538  
Old 05-19-2006, 10:17 AM
bbb's Avatar
bbb bbb is offline
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: lake texoma, United States
Posts: 1,060
worth the wait, she's beautiful and PH looks happy. thanks for the photo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #539  
Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 17
Where we least expected a picture came about. We were all focused on the Middle East and we got it from South America. Good for them to be spending their honeymoon in such marvelous place!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #540  
Old 05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 734
lol yep buggs, we were all focused on Jordan and we got the pic from South America,lol. lets wait and see if we will see another pic of them on May 25th.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]