The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Courtier

I found this article about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia "warning" the media against showing pictures of Saudi women. The story doesn't mention Prince Hashem or his new wife Princess Fahdah but it sheds some light on the very conservative rules about showing the faces of women in the Kingdom. I don't know if her moving to Jordan changes this and if we will eventually get to see a picture of her but here is the report from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html. I hope this is not off topic.:)

Old 05-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I found this article about King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia "warning" the media against showing pictures of Saudi women. The story doesn't mention Prince Hashem or his new wife Princess Fahdah but it sheds some light on the very conservative rules about showing the faces of women in the Kingdom. I don't know if her moving to Jordan changes this and if we will eventually get to see a picture of her but here is the report from CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...eut/index.html. I hope this is not off topic.:)

No thing in this news related to prince Hashim , the newspeaper and magazine in saudi arabia use the picture of women to sell more , so there are people who didn't like that and they think no need to put a picture for a woman on the cover when she don't say any thing important ! , and they talked about this with the king so he did a move but that don't mean there will not be a picture for women on the news , if the king is serouies he can banned those pictures and no one can do any thing because he is the king , I did read what he said in arabic and it was very clear he is asking not commanding .

the wife of prince Hashim live in Jordan now and if she want to publish her picture she can publish it on any Jordan magazine or newspeaper :)

Old 05-17-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
No thing in this news related to prince Hashim , the newspeaper and magazine in saudi arabia use the picture of women to sell more , so there are people who didn't like that and they think no need to put a picture for a woman on the cover when she don't say any thing important ! , and they talked about this with the king so he did a move but that don't mean there will not be a picture for women on the news , if the king is serouies he can banned those pictures and no one can do any thing because he is the king , I did read what he said in arabic and it was very clear he is asking not commanding .

the wife of prince Hashim live in Jordan now and if she want to publish her picture she can publish it on any Jordan magazine or newspeaper :)
Actually, it is very related to princess fahda. It shows you how women in saudi arabia are restricted, if not prevented, from presenting themselves as public figures. Maybe p fahda's main reason for not showing herself was personal privacy, but you can not completely deny that her backround as a saudi arabian must have played a huge part in her decision.
If privacy was p fahda's only reason for not revealing herself, she would have at least appeared beside p hashem in the announcement of their engagement. The pictures of her wedding ceremony she could have kept private.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
Actually, it is very related to princess fahda. It shows you how women in saudi arabia are restricted, if not prevented, from presenting themselves as public figures. Maybe p fahda's main reason for not showing herself was personal privacy, but you can not completely deny that her backround as a saudi arabian must have played a huge part in her decision.
If privacy was p fahda's only reason for not revealing herself, she would have at least appeared beside p hashem in the announcement of their engagement. The pictures of her wedding ceremony she could have kept private.
well , maybe what you say right and maybe wrong , because we really don't know her opinion or her reasons .

we saw a few pictures for a saudi princess in the madia so I think it is a matter of choice and for sure tradetion have a big rule in this matter , and she don't live in saudi arbia any more as I understand she is living with her husbend in Jordan she is now a jordanian princess and we know all princess in Jordan had published their picture so if she want too I don't know what could stops her .

any way , persoanlly I understand princess Fahda choice to not publishing her pictures .
Old 05-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Courtier

from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6324.jpg
Views:	2318
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	244194  
Old 05-19-2006, 02:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
from the Jordan royal family club ( and thanks to nyy_mrsnovem...) here is a picture of prince hashem and Fahdah, the women is beautiful!!! enjooooooooy!
wow she is really cute! and Prince Hashim looks like a bohemian kind of guy...cool! :)

thanks so much for the pic!
Old 05-19-2006, 02:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
wow she is really cute! and Prince Hashim looks like a bohemian kind of guy...cool! :)

thanks so much for the pic!
I didn't believe it was hahsem when I first saw it,but when I zoomed in and looked carefuly it sure looked like him,lol.
Yea isn't she cute and simple? :o

she looks like someone I know VERY WELL,i just put fahdah's pic and this girls pic next to each other, I was shocked of the resemblance...LOL
Old 05-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Commoner

She is pretty :) Indeed they do make a great pair :)

( "Qubbet el-Hawa" )
Old 05-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Courtier

Thanx a lot for posting this picture , she is really cute and prince Hashim looks cute too , I can't believe we are seeing a picture for her finally , it seems we waited for decade Loool .
Old 05-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Nobility

hooooooooow cute he looks

great picture - thank you so much!
shes really beautifull!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the picture, she is very pretty. She looks tiny next to Hashem, another Felipe and Letizia it seems!

Hashem looks a bit of a scruff, he could have dressed up for the first official photos with his wife. Or is it not an official photo?
Old 05-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Serene Highness

i don't think it's an official photo. they're on their honeymoon which, just like their wedding, is a private and personal event.

i also read it on the Jordan Royal Family club at Yahoo!Groups, and the items says that this photo was taken in Peru, where they went to see Macchu Picchu. :)
Old 05-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
i don't think it's an official photo. they're on their honeymoon which, just like their wedding, is a private and personal event.

i also read it on the Jordan Royal Family club at Yahoo!Groups, and the items says that this photo was taken in Peru, where they went to see Macchu Picchu. :)
Thanks for the explanation, RhapsodyBrat, I didn't realise it was a honeymoon shot. Nice choice of a location!
Old 05-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

CONDOR TRAVEL ATENDIO AL PRINCIPE DE JORDANIA EN VISITA AL PERU

http://www.tnews.com.pe/ncomercial/nc42.htm
Old 05-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

She is beautiful, cute pair:)
Now, I no wonder why Hashem doesn't show his wife earlier
Old 05-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Courtier

finally!!!! :)
Old 05-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Thanks,nice catch

So she's not veiled as many thought,she's cute,but seems older than Hashim.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:17 AM
Serene Highness

worth the wait, she's beautiful and PH looks happy. thanks for the photo
Old 05-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Commoner

Where we least expected a picture came about. We were all focused on the Middle East and we got it from South America. Good for them to be spending their honeymoon in such marvelous place!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Courtier

lol yep buggs, we were all focused on Jordan and we got the pic from South America,lol. lets wait and see if we will see another pic of them on May 25th.