The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Aristocracy

Congrats to Prince Hashem and Princess Fahdah! Hashem looks good, but yes, I agree, a little on the thin side! LOL! Maybe she will fatten him up with her cooking!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijoux
Congratulations to the young couple. PH is the best looking brother in the family, don't you think?
I, for one, do!

Old 04-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Nobility

Wink QN was not there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
I don't think its like that, nothing that complicated ... for sure. I know its a mutual decision the couple made. Maybe they just wanted to keep that day private. Something for them to have for themselves surrounded by family and friends. In the future, they will probably be exposed to the public more and more. So don't worry about that.

I hoppe the info I am providing is helping.

God Bless,

T.C.
I assume QN was not at her son's wedding reception, unbelievable ! She was not present at the nikkah, too- I'm so sorry for her, it must be painful, I'm a mum and would lose my mind if my son treated me like that,- though, IMHO, Hashim got so religious that, maybe, he thinks his own mum , as a converted to Islam, does not suit his new image, well, let me tell u, as I look at new pix by hashim, that brings me a chill, he's changed, yet, he attended US schools in US for 8 years, plus 4 at US Uni- I love the moderate way Hamzah is a Muslim, Hashim.... I think he's gone too faR- He did not even invite his own 2 sis - am I right ? So, I guess from the pix- hope i'm wrong- maybe, well, in my country, no guy would ever get engaged if his/her parents were not present, let alone not having the mother at the wedding- ........- it's as he wants to shove his own family off ,so J ppl, and KA, can forget he has got Swedish and Scottish roots, too- PS- he looks very close to KA, more than his mother or his full brother, - I think we can't pretend to be some1 else, and make ppl to believe we are , what's he up to ???????????????????''
Of course, if he chose the bride as he did love her, I wish them all the best- but ,well, let's not forget, that KH was a great leader, not only for his own country, but also for Western World, even though he had married 2 western women.....
Old 04-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Courtier

how you know that QN and her daughters didn't attend the weding ?
not seeing a picture for them in the weding don't mean they didn't atted because we also didn't see a picture for the bride and that doesn't mean that she didn't attend .
Old 04-19-2006, 01:52 AM
Nobility

True, one of my friends got married last yr and for the nikkah it was mostly men and we had our own seperate celebration. In some cultures, not everyone is mixing up, even if you are from the west or grew up in it.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
IMHO, Hashim got so religious that, maybe, he thinks his own mum , as a converted to Islam, does not suit his new image

Hi there,

Could you please further elaborate on this perception? Islam's a universal religion, not an Arab one (only about 12-15% of all Muslims are of Far Eastern origin/descent). So if he does hold this viewpoint (in reference to the idea that Noor has more European roots than Far Eastern ones), it's a truly misguided belief. This is especially true, since many Arabs themselves were converting to the religion when it first arose. Furthermore, Islamic principles don't regard anyone as being more superior or less subordinate in status, in reference to who becomes Muslim first.

Quote:
as I look at new pix by hashim, that brings me a chill, he's changed, yet, he attended US schools in US for 8 years, plus 4 at US Uni

What's so "scary" about traditional male Jordanian clothing and/or simply wearing it a lot? I think that it's nice to finally see a (famous) young person, who doesn't (completely) conform to the present hegemonic cookie cutter status quo, especially when it comes to clothing and holds his own proud cultural and religious identity.

Quote:
it's as he wants to shove his own family off ,so J ppl, and KA, can forget he has got Swedish and Scottish roots

Isn't King Abdullah himself half English on an ethnic basis?

Quote:
Of course, if he chose the bride as he did love her, I wish them all the best

Even if a person enters are marriage while not (completely) being in "love" with their spouse, (whether or not it's through an arranged marriage - an act that's very diverse in practice), that doesn't necessarily mean that their relationship's “oppressive” in any way. Many couples that wed one another through the prior process eventually fall in love, while various people who go through a so-called love marriage drift or stumble out of the feeling with time. Btw, arranged marriages aren’t only restricted to some “Easterners” and/or Muslim individuals. Various “Western” Christians, (as well as members of other faiths) have also wed each other through the exact same manner, whether in the past or in the present, such as Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily62_1
I assume QN was not at her son's wedding reception, unbelievable ! She was not present at the nikkah, too- I'm so sorry for her, it must be painful, I'm a mum and would lose my mind if my son treated me like that,- though, IMHO, Hashim got so religious that, maybe, he thinks his own mum , as a converted to Islam, does not suit his new image, well, let me tell u, as I look at new pix by hashim, that brings me a chill, he's changed, yet, he attended US schools in US for 8 years, plus 4 at US Uni- I love the moderate way Hamzah is a Muslim, Hashim.... I think he's gone too faR- He did not even invite his own 2 sis - am I right ? So, I guess from the pix- hope i'm wrong- maybe, well, in my country, no guy would ever get engaged if his/her parents were not present, let alone not having the mother at the wedding- ........- it's as he wants to shove his own family off ,so J ppl, and KA, can forget he has got Swedish and Scottish roots, too- PS- he looks very close to KA, more than his mother or his full brother, - I think we can't pretend to be some1 else, and make ppl to believe we are , what's he up to ???????????????????''
Of course, if he chose the bride as he did love her, I wish them all the best- but ,well, let's not forget, that KH was a great leader, not only for his own country, but also for Western World, even though he had married 2 western women.....

Hi Emily,

I hope your well & I hope your kids are doing great too ...

Well, as for Nikkah, its not really a ceremony, its just the men of the family meeting up, that's how it usually works, the wedding ceremony, on the other hand, is celebrated. I dont mean this in an offensive way ofcourse, but I honestly was very shocked how you jumped into accusations like that, I am sure QN loves hamzah dearly, and he loves her back, without a doubt. Its unfair to throw assumptions like that, think of it this way, how would you feel if someone said or acted that way towards you? I am not trying to sound mean but rather, what I am trying to say is, their wedding was their day, they chose to spend it surrounded by his and her immediate family, so ... All the best to them, dont they atleast have that right? I say, ofcourse they do, to be honest, I would have done the same if I were in that position, most people would rather have an intimate wedding ceremony surounded by family and friends ...

You stated that his mother and sisters weren't there? some readers may take it for the truth. I assure you, she and her daughters were there. Hashim is well brought up, so there is no way he would do that, and lets just say, IF he was (which I he isn't), I know Fahda would never agree to have a wedding unless her mother-in-law and new sisters were there, and another thing, the wedding was held in Jordan. If he thats how it was, why wouldn't they have the wedding in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I mean thats where all of Fahada's family resides, right? Instead, they had it in Jordan and only immediate family members of Fahad's side were able to make it as it was a period of school exams and it was held on a saturday (which is not a holiday in KSA) ...

I am sorry but you stated that Hamzah is more balanced religion-wise? you dont think that is a bit unfair? I am sure they are both equally balanced, besides, if were being precise here, then it should be noted that the Quran stated that parents must be treated with nothing but upmost respect... Trust me, It was just a private ceremony. The lunch in was an all men event. That is why there are no pictures of queen noor nor her daughters there. I can see how you might have thought she wasn't there so I can tell where your coming from, and I dont blame you for thinking that, but its really unfair for you to jump into conclusions like that and point your finger at him that way and to say what you said, I would be very hurt if someone said that about me as I am sure you would be too, especially when what was said (as it is in this situation) isn't based on facts but rather, assumptions.

P.S (Don't get me wrong, I know your a very nice person from all your past quotes, I just think that the last one was out of charecter, as it is not like you to jump into conclusions, if I sounded rude in anyway, then trust me, its just cus its hard to tell what tone of voice a person is indending to use, If anything I am just confused because of what you said, and wondering why you said it that way, but in no way meaning or intending to sound harsh).

T.C Emily :).

God Bless

Moi
Old 04-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Serene Highness

Mabrúk to new royal couple!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
...their wedding was their day, they chose to spend it surrounded by his and her immediate family...
HEY MOI,
Did you attend the wedding? If so, could you give us an insight into the ceremony? Personal details aside, just some information which was openly availble to those invited. Im sure there are more than a few people here that would love to know something...... anything.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Personally I suspect that this is a result of the bride's family's wishes. Saudis are much stricter on such matters, traditionally their weddings are strictly segregated and celebrated separately.
Probably - also Prince Hashem is not so high profile anymore. I guess he and his bride didn't want that kind of attention.

Anyway congrats to them!!!!! GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 AM
Aristocracy

Many congratulations to the couple!!!!

I just wish we could see some pictures of her(!!)
Old 04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Commoner

many many congratulations to the newly wed couple.hope to see some photos of the bride soon .
Old 05-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Hi Emily,
I hope your well & I hope your kids are doing great too ...
Hi, Moi, thanx ,u are really a nice person,
I meant that , having been following JRF since KH's death, Hashim always wore western clothes, so I was just wondering what happened to him, so suddenly ......, I mean he looks so different, of course, that's only my own feeling,
as for the nikkah, we saw plenty of pix of Hamzah's nikkah, and Queen Noor, Hashim, KA, all Hamzah' sisters, were there....
That's what I meant, anyway, I still think that P. Hashim could never make ppl in Jordan forget he's half American- as hard as he tries.... KA has been criticized many times to be more westernized than Jordanian- expecially in '99 and in 2000-

best wishes

Emily.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Nobility

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure at the moment ... :)

Moi, do u know why did they have a very private wedding, ??????????????? KA, when he married QR, had a lavish wed party, so Hamzah, love- Emily.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Courtier

I told you already we never see princess Fahda like we never see sheikha hind wife of sheikh mohamed the husband of princess Haya.

Many of you were zo optimist to see her but I was certain that we never see her. I wonder of is this because or Prince hashem self or because of the father of princess Fahda?
Old 05-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
I told you already we never see princess Fahda like we never see sheikha hind wife of sheikh mohamed the husband of princess Haya.

Many of you were zo optimist to see her but I was certain that we never see her. I wonder of is this because or Prince hashem self or because of the father of princess Fahda?
i think so too anyway,but not because of prince hashim...i always thought her father as a saudi - wouldnt allow to publish pictures of her.thats why i doub to see one.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
i think so too anyway,but not because of prince hashim...i always thought her father as a saudi - wouldnt allow to publish pictures of her.thats why i doub to see one.
I think we might see a pic or 2 on May 25th,on Independence Day celebrations.
Let's hope so anyway.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
I doubt that it is because of her father being a saudi we're not going to see a picture of her. She is a married woman now , furthemore married to a prince and living in a different country and add to all this her father is a moderate man totally supportive of his famous saudi artist wife and mother of 3 fine daughters and a young married son. I believe it is Hashim and Fahdah 's decision to keep everything private till she is used to life in Jordan and let's not forget that he is a serving army officer maybe away for most of the time and wants to protect his bride for the time being so let's give them a break and I'm sure we will see her soon
Old 05-02-2006, 10:57 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
I doubt that it is because of her father being a saudi we're not going to see a picture of her. She is a married woman now , furthemore married to a prince and living in a different country and add to all this her father is a moderate man totally supportive of his famous saudi artist wife and mother of 3 fine daughters and a young married son. I believe it is Hashim and Fahdah 's decision to keep everything private till she is used to life in Jordan and let's not forget that he is a serving army officer maybe away for most of the time and wants to protect his bride for the time being so let's give them a break and I'm sure we will see her soon

EXACTLY ! :)

Well to be honest, that stereotype doesn't apply to any person I know of, seriously doesn't. Plus, stereotypes are just stereotypes, it doesn't really portray reality!

But I guess its easiest for people from afar to explain it that way when it comes to the pictures and so on, even though its an unfair analysis. Reality is, its a choice the couple made, I think its something people have to understand. Plus, I am sure considering everything, alot of decide to do the same.

You took the words right outta my mouth tesaweer, or should I say typed the words on behalf of my fingers? *smiles*

Well, you get the picture I am trying to paint here, I am sure.

Take Care Everyone.

Hope You're All Doing Great!

God Bless,
Moi
Old 05-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

If there were pictures of the couple to be seen, someone would post them.
In the meantime it is pointless to keep making posts asking for pics.
Such posts have been, and will be, removed.

Some Royal figures choose to protect their privacy. We should respect that wish.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Forums moderator