The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #481  
Old 04-16-2006, 06:42 AM
purple_platinum's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 4,872
Prince Hashem Ibn Al-Hussein, youngest brother of Jordan King Abdullah II, during a wedding lunch cermony for Prince Hashem, youngest brother of Jordanian King Abdullah II, at the royal palace in Amman, Saturday, 15 April 2005, Prince Hashem was engaged with Arab Saudi girl Fahda Mohammed Abu Nayan in January, 2006.



photos from ANP (EPA & AFP)
__________________

__________________
^_^
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 04-16-2006, 08:33 AM
tesaweer's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 132
wonderful day all looked happy, wish them all the best and may their days be filled with happiness and joy... Amen.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 PM
marmarina's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: cairo, Egypt
Posts: 64
i noticed that prince hamzah was so happy, and prince hassan too.
And prince hashem have a very shy face, he is z cutest arabic prince.
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 04-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
wonderful day all looked happy, wish them all the best and may their days be filled with happiness and joy... Amen.

Ameen Tesaweer ! :)
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 55
Moi, do you know if they are having a wedding similar to PHamzah's and will it be publicised anytime soon?
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure at the moment ... :)
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 04-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure right now ... :)
It's too bad that at least a few official pictures won't be released, such as a photo of the new couple, one with Queen Noor, and even one with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

I wonder if the great privacy around this wedding, and eventually the wedding of Queen Noor's daughters, might somewhat be a political move within the royal family? Whether it's a choice made by Prince Hashem and his bride or a decision by the Jordanian royal court to focus the attention on the King and Queen's family, and to not have any pictures of this wedding?
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure at the moment ... :)
Thanx for providing us with a lot of information about the wedding :)

Although I wish to see picture for prince Hashim with princess Fahda but in the same time I can understand and respect their wish of having a private ceremony :)
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 04-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
It's too bad that at least a few official pictures won't be released, such as a photo of the new couple, one with Queen Noor, and even one with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

I wonder if the great privacy around this wedding, and eventually the wedding of Queen Noor's daughters, might somewhat be a political move within the royal family? Whether it's a choice made by Prince Hashem and his bride or a decision by the Jordanian royal court to focus the attention on the King and Queen's family, and to not have any pictures of this wedding?

I don't think its like that, nothing that complicated ... for sure. I know its a mutual decision the couple made. Maybe they just wanted to keep that day private. Something for them to have for themselves surrounded by family and friends. In the future, they will probably be exposed to the public more and more. So don't worry about that.

I hoppe the info I am providing is helping.

God Bless,

T.C.
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 04-16-2006, 07:06 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
I don't think its like that, nothing that complicated ... for sure. I know its a mutual decision the couple made. Maybe they just wanted to keep that day private. Something for them to have for themselves surrounded by family and friends. In the future, they will probably be exposed to the public more and more. So don't worry about that.

I hoppe the info I am providing is helping.

God Bless,

T.C.
Event though,what they did makes us more curious to see pics of the newly weds,but I think they made the best decision of keeping it private....
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 04-16-2006, 07:39 PM
maryshawn's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 1,213
I agree that it is unfortunate even one photo won't be released. The curiousity about this couple has reached fever-pitch and I would think--given the customs of the JRF in the past--the people of Jordan would expect to be given a glimpse at the couple. Privacy and religious convictions are all to be respected yet P Hashem and P Fahdah have to be aware that it is very atypical for no photos to be published and perhaps factor that, as well as the Jordanian peoples' interest and pride in their royal family into their decision making. It's rather disappointing. Unfortunately, one of the prices people pay when they decide to be royal is giving up a bit of their privacy. If anything, I think this decision is only going to make the furor for photos grow in intensity--which seems to run counter to what the couple wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
It's too bad that at least a few official pictures won't be released, such as a photo of the new couple, one with Queen Noor, and even one with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

I wonder if the great privacy around this wedding, and eventually the wedding of Queen Noor's daughters, might somewhat be a political move within the royal family? Whether it's a choice made by Prince Hashem and his bride or a decision by the Jordanian royal court to focus the attention on the King and Queen's family, and to not have any pictures of this wedding?
__________________
Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known - Winnie the Pooh
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 04-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I agree that it is unfortunate even one photo won't be released. The curiousity about this couple has reached fever-pitch and I would think--given the customs of the JRF in the past--the people of Jordan would expect to be given a glimpse at the couple. Privacy and religious convictions are all to be respected yet P Hashem and P Fahdah have to be aware that it is very atypical for no photos to be published and perhaps factor that, as well as the Jordanian peoples' interest and pride in their royal family into their decision making. It's rather disappointing. Unfortunately, one of the prices people pay when they decide to be royal is giving up a bit of their privacy. If anything, I think this decision is only going to make the furor for photos grow in intensity--which seems to run counter to what the couple wants.
Personally I suspect that this is a result of the bride's family's wishes. Saudis are much stricter on such matters, traditionally their weddings are strictly segregated and celebrated separately.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Little_star's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
the only place muslim men put henna on is their hair, when it goes gray...something to do with sunna(tradition) of their prophet, Mohammed! The henna mark on Hashim hand might be due to a Jordanian tradition, because I don't think I've ever seen any such thing with exception of Sudanese grooms.

I hope we will see pictures of the bride and groom.
Pakistani/Indian muslims usually have a mendhi ceremony and although traditionally mendhi is only put on the bride's hand, the groom usually gets some too.
__________________
Please give whatever you can to the DEC's Pakistan Floods Appeal. Millions of lives are at risk
http://www.dec.org.uk/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 04-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: , Canada
Posts: 55
thanks Moi. Like Maryshawn said curiosity is intensifying and I guess we'll all have to wait. If I was in their position, I'd probably go for privacy too. I think weddings should be intimate affairs rather than public spectacles. But, curiosity is killing me!!!:o
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 04-17-2006, 01:06 AM
RhapsodyBrat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cavite City, Philippines
Posts: 1,399
got beaten to the CNN news! ha ha and thanks too Moi for all your help. Getty has six images from the lunch given in their honor, but only that of Prince Hashim, and none of the bride. too bad. :(

i wish the two of them a very happy marriage, good health, and many kids! :)
Reply With Quote
  #496  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
I don't think its like that, nothing that complicated ... for sure. I know its a mutual decision the couple made. Maybe they just wanted to keep that day private. Something for them to have for themselves surrounded by family and friends. In the future, they will probably be exposed to the public more and more. So don't worry about that.

I hoppe the info I am providing is helping.

God Bless,

T.C.
i can understand their decision ... even if its bad for us - i would decide the same like they did.

thank you for explaining moi :)
Reply With Quote
  #497  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Joumana's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Morocco, Netherlands
Posts: 623
Congratulations to the couple "Prince Hashem" and " Princess Fahda".

I'm scared that we will never see her like we will never see Sheikha Hind of Dubai.
Reply With Quote
  #498  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
Congratulations to the couple "Prince Hashem" and " Princess Fahda".

I'm scared that we will never see her like we will never see Sheikha Hind of Dubai.
I never understood the logic behind not releasing the new couples pictures? I really hope I could see her. Anyways congrats! And he looks really HAWT!!!:o :)
Reply With Quote
  #499  
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 379
It is actually quite refreshing not to see copious amounts of photos in a Hello style magazine. Some people are not attention chasers and 'media whores' and this couple have the right to privacy and respect for their decision. There is nothing wrong in not conforming to the throw away, celebrity culture that dominates these days. Prince Hashem has lived his whole life in the glare of publicity as a royal prince, Fahdah hasn't. They are both young and have plenty of time for photo's etc. I wish them all the very best for their life together.
Reply With Quote
  #500  
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 30
Congratulations to the young couple. PH is the best looking brother in the family, don't you think?
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions grand duke jean greece jubilee kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament oscars picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises