The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Hashem Ibn Al-Hussein, youngest brother of Jordan King Abdullah II, during a wedding lunch cermony for Prince Hashem, youngest brother of Jordanian King Abdullah II, at the royal palace in Amman, Saturday, 15 April 2005, Prince Hashem was engaged with Arab Saudi girl Fahda Mohammed Abu Nayan in January, 2006.

photos from ANP (EPA & AFP)

Old 04-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Aristocracy

wonderful day all looked happy, wish them all the best and may their days be filled with happiness and joy... Amen.

Old 04-16-2006, 02:58 PM
Gentry

i noticed that prince hamzah was so happy, and prince hassan too.
And prince hashem have a very shy face, he is z cutest arabic prince.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
wonderful day all looked happy, wish them all the best and may their days be filled with happiness and joy... Amen.

Ameen Tesaweer ! :)
Old 04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Gentry

Moi, do you know if they are having a wedding similar to PHamzah's and will it be publicised anytime soon?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Commoner

No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure at the moment ... :)
Old 04-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure right now ... :)
It's too bad that at least a few official pictures won't be released, such as a photo of the new couple, one with Queen Noor, and even one with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

I wonder if the great privacy around this wedding, and eventually the wedding of Queen Noor's daughters, might somewhat be a political move within the royal family? Whether it's a choice made by Prince Hashem and his bride or a decision by the Jordanian royal court to focus the attention on the King and Queen's family, and to not have any pictures of this wedding?
Old 04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
No, I don't think they will. It was kept as a private ceremony (besides the lunch). I don't know if any pictures of the wedding will be released (I doubt they will) ... But eventually, you will know more about her ... That's all I can say for sure at the moment ... :)
Thanx for providing us with a lot of information about the wedding :)

Although I wish to see picture for prince Hashim with princess Fahda but in the same time I can understand and respect their wish of having a private ceremony :)
Old 04-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
It's too bad that at least a few official pictures won't be released, such as a photo of the new couple, one with Queen Noor, and even one with King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

I wonder if the great privacy around this wedding, and eventually the wedding of Queen Noor's daughters, might somewhat be a political move within the royal family? Whether it's a choice made by Prince Hashem and his bride or a decision by the Jordanian royal court to focus the attention on the King and Queen's family, and to not have any pictures of this wedding?

I don't think its like that, nothing that complicated ... for sure. I know its a mutual decision the couple made. Maybe they just wanted to keep that day private. Something for them to have for themselves surrounded by family and friends. In the future, they will probably be exposed to the public more and more. So don't worry about that.

I hoppe the info I am providing is helping.

God Bless,

T.C.
Old 04-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
I don't think its like that, nothing that complicated ... for sure. I know its a mutual decision the couple made. Maybe they just wanted to keep that day private. Something for them to have for themselves surrounded by family and friends. In the future, they will probably be exposed to the public more and more. So don't worry about that.

God Bless,

T.C.
Event though,what they did makes us more curious to see pics of the newly weds,but I think they made the best decision of keeping it private....
Old 04-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Serene Highness

I agree that it is unfortunate even one photo won't be released. The curiousity about this couple has reached fever-pitch and I would think--given the customs of the JRF in the past--the people of Jordan would expect to be given a glimpse at the couple. Privacy and religious convictions are all to be respected yet P Hashem and P Fahdah have to be aware that it is very atypical for no photos to be published and perhaps factor that, as well as the Jordanian peoples' interest and pride in their royal family into their decision making. It's rather disappointing. Unfortunately, one of the prices people pay when they decide to be royal is giving up a bit of their privacy. If anything, I think this decision is only going to make the furor for photos grow in intensity--which seems to run counter to what the couple wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria

Old 04-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I agree that it is unfortunate even one photo won't be released. The curiousity about this couple has reached fever-pitch and I would think--given the customs of the JRF in the past--the people of Jordan would expect to be given a glimpse at the couple. Privacy and religious convictions are all to be respected yet P Hashem and P Fahdah have to be aware that it is very atypical for no photos to be published and perhaps factor that, as well as the Jordanian peoples' interest and pride in their royal family into their decision making. It's rather disappointing. Unfortunately, one of the prices people pay when they decide to be royal is giving up a bit of their privacy. If anything, I think this decision is only going to make the furor for photos grow in intensity--which seems to run counter to what the couple wants.
Personally I suspect that this is a result of the bride's family's wishes. Saudis are much stricter on such matters, traditionally their weddings are strictly segregated and celebrated separately.
Old 04-16-2006, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamyah
the only place muslim men put henna on is their hair, when it goes gray...something to do with sunna(tradition) of their prophet, Mohammed! The henna mark on Hashim hand might be due to a Jordanian tradition, because I don't think I've ever seen any such thing with exception of Sudanese grooms.

I hope we will see pictures of the bride and groom.
Pakistani/Indian muslims usually have a mendhi ceremony and although traditionally mendhi is only put on the bride's hand, the groom usually gets some too.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Gentry

thanks Moi. Like Maryshawn said curiosity is intensifying and I guess we'll all have to wait. If I was in their position, I'd probably go for privacy too. I think weddings should be intimate affairs rather than public spectacles. But, curiosity is killing me!!!:o
Old 04-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Serene Highness

got beaten to the CNN news! ha ha and thanks too Moi for all your help. Getty has six images from the lunch given in their honor, but only that of Prince Hashim, and none of the bride. too bad. :(

i wish the two of them a very happy marriage, good health, and many kids! :)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi

God Bless,

T.C.
i can understand their decision ... even if its bad for us - i would decide the same like they did.

thank you for explaining moi :)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple "Prince Hashem" and " Princess Fahda".

I'm scared that we will never see her like we will never see Sheikha Hind of Dubai.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana
Congratulations to the couple "Prince Hashem" and " Princess Fahda".

I'm scared that we will never see her like we will never see Sheikha Hind of Dubai.
I never understood the logic behind not releasing the new couples pictures? I really hope I could see her. Anyways congrats! And he looks really HAWT!!!:o :)
Old 04-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Nobility

It is actually quite refreshing not to see copious amounts of photos in a Hello style magazine. Some people are not attention chasers and 'media whores' and this couple have the right to privacy and respect for their decision. There is nothing wrong in not conforming to the throw away, celebrity culture that dominates these days. Prince Hashem has lived his whole life in the glare of publicity as a royal prince, Fahdah hasn't. They are both young and have plenty of time for photo's etc. I wish them all the very best for their life together.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the young couple. PH is the best looking brother in the family, don't you think?