The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Your very right houri !

The real customs should include the mother ... The thing is they went to Saudi Arabia after giving their condolences regarding the death of the ruler of Dubai (not sure if you remember or not). So, it happened unexpectedly ... I think the real plans were otherwise but they decided to continue on after giving their condolences in the UAE. Since it happened that way, they managed the rest accordingly. I hope this helps, if even a tiny bit :)

Moi
thanx for answering my question , although I don't know what you mean by unexpectedly and also if they didn't plane for it ( I can't imagine that ) this not excuse , this is the first time I heard about bride go to her mother in low before the wedding to meet her ( it is the jobe of the mother of the groom ) !! , Queen Noor not an old woman can't travel so I don't understand the point behind going to her but maybe family of Fahda mor open and don't mind any way if she does not mind it is up to her

Old 02-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Hey, Hope everyone is fine !

Well, to be honest, I think the hijab thing is a personal thing and I dont think any of us has the right to discuss what she might do later on in the future. I know that she isn't wearing hijab at the moment, but if she decides to, no one can really tell her not to as no one has that right, plus, no one holds that kind of authority over anyone (i.e, I dont wear hijab, but if I one day make that comitment, I know that no one can really tell me not to), no matter how big or small you are, it is a religious act afterall. As long as her face shows and its done tastefully and she is dressed in a classy way then I dont see the problem at all, so I dont understand what the big deal is ... Infact, she may shed a positive light on how islam really is, why dont you think of it in that way instead ? can't it be a part of free speach ? I dont know, whatever she decides, I think we should all learn to respect it ...

Fahdah is a saudi and will always be. The fact that the pictures weren't announced is because there has not been a wedding yet. Its not about being conservative or being secretive. It just happened so fast and they are prepairing for everything. Besides the news spead just as it happened, in most cases its kept a secret till they announce it.

As far as I know, queen noor wasn't in Saudi, P.Hamza, K. Abdulla and P.Hashim came and stayed for a weekend (except for k.abdullah who left straight after) ... Then a few weeks later fahada along with her grandmother and sister visited jordan and had lunch with queen noor (except for fahadahs mom and younger sister as her younger sisters wedding was coming up closely after) so you see, they are busy at the moment with everything, nothing about being secretive, its just how things go in saudi, nothing is released officially till the wedding ceremony, but the thing I sense is alot of you guys are taking it personally. when in fact it isn't. Just give the girl a break, she is wonderful and time will come when you will see her and know her.

Also, I didn't appreciate the comment that was (they are complicated) in reference to saudi arabians ... I thought that was offensive, sorry, but I was hurt by it. But in the end, I do understant that each has their own opinion and I respect that. But what you also must know is fahda comes from a well- known and very respected family (especially on her mothers side), so she is and always will be saudi in the end, its not like she a jordanian citizen who married into the royal family (meaning its an easier transition as you are jordanian to begin with). So, in other words, she still is a representitive of her own family, and since she comes from a well known one she can't just scratch that and adopt a new one, she has to learn how to balance both equally ... I dont know if you are aware of the following fact, but women in saudi arabia dont change their last names after marriage. So, there is an emphasis on background, i.e. In saudi culture, the mothers last name is actually as important as the fathers, if not more important (especially when it comes to marriage) ... I say that because I know thats its common for a woman in other arabic countries to adopt her new husbands last name. Therefore, even though Fahda will be known as fahada alhashim in jordan, she will still be known as fahada abu nayan in saudi. Its just the way it works I suppose. So maybe after stating the previous fact you will understand what I mean about balancing both parts equally.

I just ask you guys (not all, just whoever this applied to), not to be harsh and just imagine what it would be like if your in her shoes at the moment, it all happened so quick and she is busy arranging everything ,, its not easy ... they live in different countries so you can't expect it to be as simple. Also, I hope non of you blame it on saudi culture or so on cus thats just not true at all, seriously, it isn't. I do understand that its easy to be impatient and criticize (its actually part of human nature), its just helpful to put yourself in that persons shoes before doing so. She is a girl like any of you, and I am sure she shares the same hopes and fears, so keep that in mind you guys, please ... I wish her all the happiness in the world, along with every single person reading this.

God Bless.

Moi.
its really nice for me to hear that they had lunch with queen noor :)
that destroys the bad rumours ...

Old 02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Hey, Hope everyone is fine !

Well, to be honest, I think the hijab thing is a personal thing and I dont think any of us has the right to discuss what she might do later on in the future. I know that she isn't wearing hijab at the moment, but if she decides to, no one can really tell her not to as no one has that right, plus, no one holds that kind of authority over anyone (i.e, I dont wear hijab, but if I one day make that comitment, I know that no one can really tell me not to), no matter how big or small you are, it is a religious act afterall. As long as her face shows and its done tastefully and she is dressed in a classy way then I dont see the problem at all, so I dont understand what the big deal is ... Infact, she may shed a positive light on how islam really is, why dont you think of it in that way instead ? can't it be a part of free speach ? I dont know, whatever she decides, I think we should all learn to respect it ...

Fahdah is a saudi and will always be. The fact that the pictures weren't announced is because there has not been a wedding yet. Its not about being conservative or being secretive. It just happened so fast and they are prepairing for everything. Besides the news spead just as it happened, in most cases its kept a secret till they announce it.

As far as I know, queen noor wasn't in Saudi, P.Hamza, K. Abdulla and P.Hashim came and stayed for a weekend (except for k.abdullah who left straight after) ... Then a few weeks later fahada along with her grandmother and sister visited jordan and had lunch with queen noor (except for fahadahs mom and younger sister as her younger sisters wedding was coming up closely after) so you see, they are busy at the moment with everything, nothing about being secretive, its just how things go in saudi, nothing is released officially till the wedding ceremony, but the thing I sense is alot of you guys are taking it personally. when in fact it isn't. Just give the girl a break, she is wonderful and time will come when you will see her and know her.

Also, I didn't appreciate the comment that was (they are complicated) in reference to saudi arabians ... I thought that was offensive, sorry, but I was hurt by it. But in the end, I do understant that each has their own opinion and I respect that. But what you also must know is fahda comes from a well- known and very respected family (especially on her mothers side), so she is and always will be saudi in the end, its not like she a jordanian citizen who married into the royal family (meaning its an easier transition as you are jordanian to begin with). So, in other words, she still is a representitive of her own family, and since she comes from a well known one she can't just scratch that and adopt a new one, she has to learn how to balance both equally ... I dont know if you are aware of the following fact, but women in saudi arabia dont change their last names after marriage. So, there is an emphasis on background, i.e. In saudi culture, the mothers last name is actually as important as the fathers, if not more important (especially when it comes to marriage) ... I say that because I know thats its common for a woman in other arabic countries to adopt her new husbands last name. Therefore, even though Fahda will be known as fahada alhashim in jordan, she will still be known as fahada abu nayan in saudi. Its just the way it works I suppose. So maybe after stating the previous fact you will understand what I mean about balancing both parts equally.

I just ask you guys (not all, just whoever this applied to), not to be harsh and just imagine what it would be like if your in her shoes at the moment, it all happened so quick and she is busy arranging everything ,, its not easy ... they live in different countries so you can't expect it to be as simple. Also, I hope non of you blame it on saudi culture or so on cus thats just not true at all, seriously, it isn't. I do understand that its easy to be impatient and criticize (its actually part of human nature), its just helpful to put yourself in that persons shoes before doing so. She is a girl like any of you, and I am sure she shares the same hopes and fears, so keep that in mind you guys, please ... I wish her all the happiness in the world, along with every single person reading this.

God Bless.

Moi.
Hi Moi, hope you're doing well. I do agree with everything you wrote in your answer , wearing the hijab is something very personal and I don't know why is everybody so concerned about a decision Fahdah might or might not take in the future, as you clearly said at the moment she is not wearing hijab and if Hashim is studying islamic studies this does not mean she or he will decide on her wearing it in the future, King Hussein himself in his last days spent a lot of time studying the Quran, yet QN did not wear hijab. As for her becoming a member of the RJF and how she must change, let's remember that prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed KA's first cousin married Areej AlZawawi from Oman she is a relative of Sultan Qabus she wears hijab , she kept her identity and the way she dresses yet she's always very moderate we rarely see her photos or her little daughter and KA surely didn't interfere in the way she dresses. The last point IMO I think it is a matter of protocol that Fahdah went to Jordan to meet QN, as she is now her daughter in law and she is a princess while Noor is a queen of course if the marriage has not yet taken place then surely the mother queen or not should go to the bride's family, but it's done now I'm sure they'll have a wonderful relationship between them as we all heard QN and the way she spoke about Noor Hamzah with Larry King, she will definitely take Fahdah as her fourth daughter. Hope we all will see the wedding photos this summer and see what a lovely couple they make. Best to you all :)
Old 02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
Hi Moi, hope you're doing well. I do agree with everything you wrote in your answer , wearing the hijab is something very personal and I don't know why is everybody so concerned about a decision Fahdah might or might not take in the future, as you clearly said at the moment she is not wearing hijab and if Hashim is studying islamic studies this does not mean she or he will decide on her wearing it in the future, King Hussein himself in his last days spent a lot of time studying the Quran, yet QN did not wear hijab. As for her becoming a member of the RJF and how she must change, let's remember that prince Ghazi Bin Mohammed KA's first cousin married Areej AlZawawi from Oman she is a relative of Sultan Qabus she wears hijab , she kept her identity and the way she dresses yet she's always very moderate we rarely see her photos or her little daughter and KA surely didn't interfere in the way she dresses. The last point IMO I think it is a matter of protocol that Fahdah went to Jordan to meet QN, as she is now her daughter in law and she is a princess while Noor is a queen of course if the marriage has not yet taken place then surely the mother queen or not should go to the bride's family, but it's done now I'm sure they'll have a wonderful relationship between them as we all heard QN and the way she spoke about Noor Hamzah with Larry King, she will definitely take Fahdah as her fourth daughter. Hope we all will see the wedding photos this summer and see what a lovely couple they make. Best to you all :)
and i have to agree with every word you said!i couldnt have said it better
Old 02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by closesttoheaven
and i have to agree with every word you said!i couldnt have said it better
Thanks a lot Closesttoheaven , my pleasure as always, all the best :)
Old 02-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
Thanks a lot Closesttoheaven , my pleasure as always, all the best :)
Yep, tesaweer, I am glad to hear from you as always ... I just think that people are looking at things the wrong way at times and they assume something is wrong when in reality nothing is, I dont know, maybe I am bad at explaining my point of view and might stop postin because of it. But I always agree with what you say.

Though, I know you didn't mean it that way but I never said he will back her up, I just said that they are thinking too far ahead into the future and no one could answer those questions but her, then I explained that I dont understand why this is becoming such an issue. Also, I claimed that whether she takes the decision or not (for example, her mom wears hijab). So, whether she choses to or not, it is her life, and instead of thinking people will go against it, as some asked since non of Hashims sisters or sisters in law wears hijab, I said thats its only a decision between her and God (a point I made sure to repeat more than once), then I said that its true he studies sharia (as a reply to a question) and if she ever decided to take that step any time throughout her life, given his background, I surely dont think he will protest. (but I never said he will ask her to, which is what some people hinted towards since he studies sharia).

I never claimed he would back her up as thats all hypothetical. I just said that given both their backgrounds I am sure every decision they reach will be well considered and well thought of.

I hope you didn't think I meant otherwise ... I know you didn't tesaweer, I just wanted to double check.

Also, hope all is well with you tesaweer, its been a while ... :) Missed You !

T.C.

God Bless xx

Moi
Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
thanx for answering my question , although I don't know what you mean by unexpectedly and also if they didn't plane for it ( I can't imagine that ) this not excuse , this is the first time I heard about bride go to her mother in low before the wedding to meet her ( it is the jobe of the mother of the groom ) !! , Queen Noor not an old woman can't travel so I don't understand the point behind going to her but maybe family of Fahda mor open and don't mind any way if she does not mind it is up to her

Well, thinking of tradition, your right, a mother should visit the bride. I dont know what you mean by fahada's family more open !?! but I decided to skip that and focus on the main point. Which is, you never know what happens between people, I never said it was unplanned, I said something happened that wasn't according to plans (the death of the ruler of Dubai, which also holds close ties to P.Haya) ... I am not saying thats it, I am saying that probably played a role. On the ther hand, maybe it was planned to be between the men in the family and they all agreed that him and his brothers would go for the official proposal.

With all respect houri, I just think your focusing too much on little stuff and its all in the past now ... The groom and his brothers were greeted by Fahdah's maternal grandfather, her uncles (on both sides) and father. So, maybe it would have been out of place for q.noor to sit amongst them since it was only a proposal, and not a wedding yet. I think that if she started sweating the small stuff it would only lead to further rumors and more people would feed off that. As I stated beforehand, Fahada is a mature and respectful girl. I think her visiting her mother in law is the biggest proof of that, along with the fact that elhamdellah, everything is alright and that they are all happy about how it is all going. As long as they are, then I believe no one can really say anything anymore, Dont you agree Houri ???

.. Hummi mitfahmeen ... So all you can really say is Allah yewafeghom.

T.C

Moi
Old 02-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Well, thinking of tradition, your right, a mother should visit the bride. I dont know what you mean by fahada's family more open !?! but I decided to skip that and focus on the main point. Which is, you never know what happens between people, I never said it was unplanned, I said something happened that wasn't according to plans (the death of the ruler of Dubai, which also holds close ties to P.Haya) ... I am not saying thats it, I am saying that probably played a role. On the ther hand, maybe it was planned to be between the men in the family and they all agreed that him and his brothers would go for the official proposal.

With all respect houri, I just think your focusing too much on little stuff and its all in the past now ... The groom and his brothers were greeted by Fahdah's maternal grandfather, her uncles (on both sides) and father. So, maybe it would have been out of place for q.noor to sit amongst them since it was only a proposal, and not a wedding yet. I think that if she started sweating the small stuff it would only lead to further rumors and more people would feed off that. As I stated beforehand, Fahada is a mature and respectful girl. I think her visiting her mother in law is the biggest proof of that, along with the fact that elhamdellah, everything is alright and that they are all happy about how it is all going. As long as they are, then I believe no one can really say anything anymore, Dont you agree Houri ???

T.C

Moi
what you mean by Hummi mitfahmeen ?
Old 02-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
what you mean by Hummi mitfahmeen ?

They understand each other
Old 02-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iman
They understand each other
thanx Iman , and to suria also you both good in translating , I think ( Hummi ) confused me :o
Old 02-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Moi thanx for answering my Question :)

I pray to Allah that Fahda will find her place between them because we all know that being far a way from your country and your family is dificult , I really hope that Queen Noor will treat her as her fourth daughter and that Fahda will treat Queen Noor as a second mother , ya Allah I don't know what she go through now , it must be scery but if she strong she can handel it .

so Moi what you can tell us about her life what she involve in where she did study ect ..... , any information about her will be good :)
Old 02-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Commoner

To Houri :)

LoL :p ,

I am sorry about the (hummi) thing, I am not very good at writing arabic words using english letters. So its my fault ... Iam glad I could help houri. and I think what you said was just great proving the kind of person you really are (thoughful and nice) ... I hope so too, and I am sure its very difficult, marriage itself and blending in with a new family and being one of them and them being part of yours is a big step. In her case its even bigger as the transition is from one country to another ... So, I am sure it wont be easy at first but she is capable of dealing well with it. I just hope it all goes great for her and it al goes as smoothly as possibe (Inshallah it will), I wish her nothing but utter happiness. I am sorry about this, but I am not sure what you meant by telling you about her life, could you elaborate please (so I can help answer if I could) ?
Old 02-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Courtier

hey moi,

can i ask a question? did she study in saudi or abroad? i mean, where did she go for university?
Old 02-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
LoL :p ,

I am sorry about the (hummi) thing, I am not very good at writing arabic words using english letters. So its my fault ... Iam glad I could help houri. and I think what you said was just great proving the kind of person you really are (thoughful and nice) ... I hope so too, and I am sure its very difficult, marriage itself and blending in with a new family and being one of them and them being part of yours is a big step. In her case its even bigger as the transition is from one country to another ... So, I am sure it wont be easy at first but she is capable of dealing well with it. I just hope it all goes great for her and it al goes as smoothly as possibe (Inshallah it will), I wish her nothing but utter happiness. I am sorry about this, but I am not sure what you meant by telling you about her life, could you elaborate please (so I can help answer if I could) ?
I mean , her Job ? , or where did she study ? etc ... , any information
Old 02-28-2006, 05:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi

T.C

Moi
Hummi mitfahmeen,isn't a khaligy expression is it? I think it sound more Jordanian/actually ahl el sham?
Well,Allah yewafeghom.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Commoner

Well, she studied and graduated from saudi schools. As far as a job goes, I dont know ... It's been a while... Her mom is an artist so I know that she attends art galleries with her mom (shared interests, her mom is a wonderful lady by the way, she truely is) and as far as interests goes, Fahada loves to ride horses and takes interest in horses in general.

As for the phrase ... Hummi mitfahmeen, which is kinda turning into a subject of its own (kidding :p ). Well, as far as the dialect goes, I dont know, maybe my accent is a bit influenced by certain regions. I mean now that I have come to think of it, it makes sense. But in any case, it is used in Saudi Arabia, I am 100% sure of that.

P.S (the accents in saudi arabia vary from one region to another, and surely vary from other khaleeji countries, they are VERRRRY different ... it's like comparing a syrian accent or use of words to a jordanian, which in my view are very different and easy distinguished).
Old 02-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Courtier

oh so she graduate for all saudi schools...thanks for the info...do you know what she majored in.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

This thread is very interesting and my thanks to all for providing such useful information and posing such thoughtful questions. If she is as lovely as she seems--and I have no doubts she is, I'm sure Queen Noor will regard her with as much love and warmth as she has expressed about Princess Rym--even publicly stating she was "like a daughter" on "Larry King" two years ago. She sounds like a very well brought up, educated woman with a rich appreciation of culture and the arts. Sounds to me like Prince Hashem made a wonderful choice--and it was very, very nice to hear he had introduced his wife to his mother.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Yep, tesaweer, I am glad to hear from you as always ... I just think that people are looking at things the wrong way at times and they assume something is wrong when in reality nothing is, I dont know, maybe I am bad at explaining my point of view and might stop postin because of it. But I always agree with what you say.

Though, I know you didn't mean it that way but I never said he will back her up, I just said that they are thinking too far ahead into the future and no one could answer those questions but her, then I explained that I dont understand why this is becoming such an issue. Also, I claimed that whether she takes the decision or not (for example, her mom wears hijab). So, whether she choses to or not, it is her life, and instead of thinking people will go against it, as some asked since non of Hashims sisters or sisters in law wears hijab, I said thats its only a decision between her and God (a point I made sure to repeat more than once), then I said that its true he studies sharia (as a reply to a question) and if she ever decided to take that step any time throughout her life, given his background, I surely dont think he will protest. (but I never said he will ask her to, which is what some people hinted towards since he studies sharia).

I never claimed he would back her up as thats all hypothetical. I just said that given both their backgrounds I am sure every decision they reach will be well considered and well thought of.

I hope you didn't think I meant otherwise ... I know you didn't tesaweer, I just wanted to double check.

Also, hope all is well with you tesaweer, its been a while ... :) Missed You !

T.C.

God Bless xx

Moi
Hi Moi, I understand fully what you're saying and believe me there is no need to worry so much about the way you explain things, I think you're doing a good job (very detailed) which I'm sure is beneficial to many, and I personaly don't think there is anything wrong with a husband backing his wife in a decision she takes whatever it is hijab or not should she choose to.
Again, I do understand what you're trying hard to explain and back you all the way.
Missed you too and miss Lil monkey, it's been a while hope all is well with you too. All the best
Old 03-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

Wow, its been a while since I posted here again. I'm just curious, are there photos of Fahdah already?