The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 AM
emily62_1's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 285
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
You're right about that, Prince Ali did look like the most superficial one out of the five brothers. I doubt it if Prince Hashem would be a shallow guy who would even base his reasons for marriage on titles or money.

some of KH's kids did, of course, Hashim needs a Muslim woman as his wife, to be connected to an Arab RF as, f.i., Saudis,- if she's beautiful, it's better,- but what really matters for a Prince in his position is money, a title, connections to a Royal Fam in ME, - if KH was still alive, he'd be the son of the King by his current wife, sorry, don't know how to say it in a better way, but , after all, KA has got the power, not QN or Hamzah or Hashim, - so..... what can Hamzah, Hashim, Hayah do ? This does not mean they did not marry also for love, I'm sure they were so lucky to find it all , ( it's so obvious Hamzah does love his own wife) - sorry if I was not able to express my opinions in a more understandable way-
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 02-14-2006, 07:06 AM
emily62_1's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
I dont know if she wears a hijab outside of saudi but I think tesaweer clarified that earlier ... I dont want to give a definite answer though and I would be glad to answer if I was positively sure ... But what was mentioned about everyone wearing what is known as an (abaya) which consists of a black robe and a head cover is a common culture in saudi arabia that all females obide by, but outside, no one that I know of wears it, those who wear hijab wear scarfs that cover their hair but go with their modern attire and those who dont are very modern in what they wear but still respect their limits to what they do wear as in nothing too short or showy (ofcourse I am sure there are exceptions to that rule as there are exceptions to every rule, but I am talking about people I know of). Also, I know people who decide to wear hijab at various stages of their lives so you really never know, its a commitment that a female makes when she feels ready. Thats often the case. I know this doesnt answer your question, but I hope it helps, I also hope you forgive me for not being able to assist you on that but I dont think its fair on my behalf nor hers if I offer informaiton that I am not 100% sure is correct. Its not like me to do so.

Though I am very appreciative you took the time to ask me, I really am. Have a wonderful day madonna23 along with everyone reading this !
thanx, Moi, for all the clarifications, I'm wondering, when P. Fadah, will go to live in Jordan, (or do they already live there?,), well, will she behave just like all the Jordanian Princesses , including QR and QN, who never cover their hair or wear an abaja- though, once, QR did it in Kuwait or Qatar, can't remember- I mean do u think will wear jeans and T- shirts, or will she want to go on being herself and wear what she does in Saudi Arabia- well, can't deny I'm curious to see photos of her in Jordan- PS- I'm sure she'll have to follow Hashim's advices-
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 02-14-2006, 11:13 AM
nayeli0016's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 159
I still believe though, that perhaps the possibility of Prince Hashem not considering titles or money for marrying may be greater than what most people would think.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 02-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
Well, I am not sure if she will reside in jordan as in (I am perfectly sure) but I would think she would since her husband is there, I mean it makes perfect sense why would they live in different countries, but I am sure they will share vacations here and there and visit her family often.

But as for the moment, no she is living in Riyadh with her parents. You see, even after katb el kitab, they dont really live together except after the wedding ceremony which will probably be during the summer or early next fall (i.e September ... etc.). Fahdah was raised in a respectful way so I am sure respectful behaviour would come from within her as thats what she is used to but I have no idea if she will decide to wear permanent hijab any time soon. Thats a decision only she can make.

But as for the customs in Saudi Arabia, a woman is to wear whatever modern attire she feels like, then a black robe and a head cover ... When she arrives to the house she wants to visit or gathering ... etc. she takes what is known as the abaya (black robe and head cover off) leaving her with clothes like any other person would wear, fancy for parties, casual for every day wear and so on ... The closest example I could relate it to is a jacket, you wear it over your clothes in the winter but as soon as you enter a home someone hangs it for you till you leave, its exactly the same idea.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask, I would gladly assist in any way I can.

Till then T.C.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 02-15-2006, 10:17 AM
nayeli0016's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 159
Katb el Kitab is a custom only practiced in Saudi Arabia right? Or is it also practiced in other Arab countries?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 02-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
Umm, I hope others will back me up with this, I am not so good with stuff like that but I will tell you what I know. Also, if I am wrong please correct me ... :)

It exists in all arabic countries but maybe with different names to it, some call it (katb el ktab) some call it (milka) and maybe other names that I am not familiar with. Its basically the certificate that proves they are husband and wife.

Thus, the wedding day is only a celebration for all people related to both the bride and groom to attend/witness, but in the end, its the katb el kitab that officially changes their status from fiances to a married couple. But in arabic culture (or islamic? I am not sure) ... It is only after the day/ceremony that they move in together and reside as husband and wife ... But its katb el kitab (or the other various names given) thats seals the deal ...

I hope this helps, if even a little ... You can always ask and I would be more than glad to help in any way I can.

Have a wonderful day !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 02-16-2006, 01:23 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 28
As Moi said the Katib il Kitab has different names in different arab countries. Basicallly the Katib il kitab is the religious and ofcourse leagal wedding.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 02-16-2006, 03:31 AM
nayeli0016's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 159
I'm half Egyptian, and honestly I've never heard of such thing in Egypt. Probably it does exist in Egypt but is named differently. I'm really not sure :-s
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 02-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
I'm half Egyptian, and honestly I've never heard of such thing in Egypt. Probably it does exist in Egypt but is named differently. I'm really not sure :-s
Yeah, I am sure the names may differ from one region to the other, but they all symbolise the same thing in the end. Maybe if there is an egyptian in the forum, or someone who does know, they might come forward and help with the common name for (katb el kitab) in Egypt ... But I know that in saudi arabia its either named (katb el ktab) or (milka).

I am so sorry I couldn't assist you further...

:) Take Care.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 02-16-2006, 03:15 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
here in kuwait we called it ( milka ) >
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 02-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
I have a question:
How do couples in Middle East get married? I mean Iam Muslim but I don't think it's the same way Arab couples get married. For one, in our culture, the bride wears red, but in the middle east, I've noticed, that the bride wears white.Now does that mean that a bride is also lead by her father to the alter? Do you guys have an alter? And when does the couple sign the papers for "Nikah"? Thanks for whoever answers my questions.:)
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 02-16-2006, 07:54 PM
tesaweer's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
I have a question:
How do couples in Middle East get married? I mean Iam Muslim but I don't think it's the same way Arab couples get married. For one, in our culture, the bride wears red, but in the middle east, I've noticed, that the bride wears white.Now does that mean that a bride is also lead by her father to the alter? Do you guys have an alter? And when does the couple sign the papers for "Nikah"? Thanks for whoever answers my questions.:)
Couples in the middle east marry according to their belief as not all are muslims, some are christians or follow other religions. Anyway whatever their religion they must have a civil wedding where they will be formally and legally husband and wife as well as a religious ceremony where they will be married in the eyes of God, now it doesn't matter which one happens first and maybe in some countries only one is practised as in countries which are basically ruled by sharia laws, the name katib alkitab is the same as milka or nikah and i'm sure the katib al kitab is the name used for egyptian muslims. And as for alters if the couple are christians then sure they marry in a church and the bride is walked to the alter by her father or any male member of her family but if they are muslims then of course they don't. The bride mainly wears white although for the islamic or religious ceremony it is customary to wear a traditional dress in whatever colour . They can sign the papers anytime but usually after a period of engagement some couples choose to celebrate the signing and moving together on the same day or have another big do few weeks or months later and then move together. Hope this answers your questions laraib , if not I'll try again
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 02-18-2006, 03:23 AM
nayeli0016's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi
Yeah, I am sure the names may differ from one region to the other, but they all symbolise the same thing in the end. Maybe if there is an egyptian in the forum, or someone who does know, they might come forward and help with the common name for (katb el kitab) in Egypt ... But I know that in saudi arabia its either named (katb el ktab) or (milka).

I am so sorry I couldn't assist you further...

:) Take Care.
Hi Moi! Yeah I'm pretty sure there must be some form of Kitb al Kitab in Egypt. I do hope someone would be able to tell me what it's called in Egypt though. Also, thanks for your swift replies. :-)

Have a nice day! Take care.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 02-18-2006, 05:34 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaweer
Couples in the middle east marry according to their belief as not all are muslims, some are christians or follow other religions. Anyway whatever their religion they must have a civil wedding where they will be formally and legally husband and wife as well as a religious ceremony where they will be married in the eyes of God, now it doesn't matter which one happens first and maybe in some countries only one is practised as in countries which are basically ruled by sharia laws, the name katib alkitab is the same as milka or nikah and i'm sure the katib al kitab is the name used for egyptian muslims. And as for alters if the couple are christians then sure they marry in a church and the bride is walked to the alter by her father or any male member of her family but if they are muslims then of course they don't. The bride mainly wears white although for the islamic or religious ceremony it is customary to wear a traditional dress in whatever colour . They can sign the papers anytime but usually after a period of engagement some couples choose to celebrate the signing and moving together on the same day or have another big do few weeks or months later and then move together. Hope this answers your questions laraib , if not I'll try again
Thanks, tesaweer. Yes, you cleared up a lot. :) Now, I know this is really not a place to discuss this, but do you remember how King Abdullah and
Queen Rania got married? I don't. Can anyone just give a little summary about what happened and is that what usually happens in Arab Royal weddings? Maybe instead of Rania and Abudullah, someone could explain what went down in Princess Noor's wedding. Iam sorry, I didn't follow any weddings.:)
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 02-18-2006, 08:47 PM
Moi Moi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
Hi Moi! Yeah I'm pretty sure there must be some form of Kitb al Kitab in Egypt. I do hope someone would be able to tell me what it's called in Egypt though. Also, thanks for your swift replies. :-)

Have a nice day! Take care.

Haha (swift replies) ... Gee, thanks !

You just made me feel like a secret agent.... Talk about fulfulling childhood dreams :p !

Your very welcome, always ! I hope someone who knows what its called in egypt could help sometime soon, but someone said that its called katb el kitab in egypt as well, I am not exactly sure myself but I think they may be right cus I heard the phrase (katb el ktab) in an old egyptian movie before (yeah and you can laugh at my chosen source) hehe ...

Take Care Hon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 02-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Rhaegar's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canberra, New Zealand
Posts: 27
Still no pictures? Wow, I stopped coming here when news broke out of his marriage coz I was so upset, but now curiosity is killing the cat! Isn't media in Jordan free-er than in Saudi, someone should've snapped a photo by now? Heh.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 02-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegar
Still no pictures? Wow, I stopped coming here when news broke out of his marriage coz I was so upset, but now curiosity is killing the cat! Isn't media in Jordan free-er than in Saudi, someone should've snapped a photo by now? Heh.
no :'(

i agree with you someone should have done
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 02-19-2006, 02:17 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
maybe they didn't take pictures , I know some people don't care a lot about the (katb el ktab) and don't make a big deal about it .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 02-21-2006, 12:42 AM
tamaraizme's Avatar
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 1
hello....I was not sure where to post my first ever post. I have been intrigued with the Jordanian royal family for sometime now. I am an American and lived in Jeddah for over a year and miss the Middle East alot now. I look forward to reading your posts.

Tamara
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 02-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Laraib's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraizme
hello....I was not sure where to post my first ever post. I have been intrigued with the Jordanian royal family for sometime now. I am an American and lived in Jeddah for over a year and miss the Middle East alot now. I look forward to reading your posts.

Tamara
Hi tamaraizme! Hope you enjoy the forum! :)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]