Prince Hashem of Jordan and Fahdah Abunayyan: 15 April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moi thanx for answering my Question :)

I pray to Allah that Fahda will find her place between them because we all know that being far a way from your country and your family is dificult , I really hope that Queen Noor will treat her as her fourth daughter and that Fahda will treat Queen Noor as a second mother , ya Allah I don't know what she go through now , it must be scery but if she strong she can handel it .

so Moi what you can tell us about her life what she involve in where she did study ect ..... , any information about her will be good :)

To Houri :)

LoL :p ,

I am sorry about the (hummi) thing, I am not very good at writing arabic words using english letters. So its my fault ... Iam glad I could help houri. and I think what you said was just great proving the kind of person you really are (thoughful and nice) ... I hope so too, and I am sure its very difficult, marriage itself and blending in with a new family and being one of them and them being part of yours is a big step. In her case its even bigger as the transition is from one country to another ... So, I am sure it wont be easy at first but she is capable of dealing well with it. I just hope it all goes great for her and it al goes as smoothly as possibe (Inshallah it will), I wish her nothing but utter happiness. I am sorry about this, but I am not sure what you meant by telling you about her life, could you elaborate please (so I can help answer if I could) ?

Last edited:
hey moi,

can i ask a question? did she study in saudi or abroad? i mean, where did she go for university?

Moi said:
LoL :p ,

I am sorry about the (hummi) thing, I am not very good at writing arabic words using english letters. So its my fault ... Iam glad I could help houri. and I think what you said was just great proving the kind of person you really are (thoughful and nice) ... I hope so too, and I am sure its very difficult, marriage itself and blending in with a new family and being one of them and them being part of yours is a big step. In her case its even bigger as the transition is from one country to another ... So, I am sure it wont be easy at first but she is capable of dealing well with it. I just hope it all goes great for her and it al goes as smoothly as possibe (Inshallah it will), I wish her nothing but utter happiness. I am sorry about this, but I am not sure what you meant by telling you about her life, could you elaborate please (so I can help answer if I could) ?

I mean , her Job ? , or where did she study ? etc ... , any information :D

Moi said:
Well, thinking of tradition, your right, a mother should visit the bride. I dont know what you mean by fahada's family more open !?! but I decided to skip that and focus on the main point. Which is, you never know what happens between people, I never said it was unplanned, I said something happened that wasn't according to plans (the death of the ruler of Dubai, which also holds close ties to P.Haya) ... I am not saying thats it, I am saying that probably played a role. On the ther hand, maybe it was planned to be between the men in the family and they all agreed that him and his brothers would go for the official proposal.

With all respect houri, I just think your focusing too much on little stuff and its all in the past now ... The groom and his brothers were greeted by Fahdah's maternal grandfather, her uncles (on both sides) and father. So, maybe it would have been out of place for q.noor to sit amongst them since it was only a proposal, and not a wedding yet. I think that if she started sweating the small stuff it would only lead to further rumors and more people would feed off that. As I stated beforehand, Fahada is a mature and respectful girl. I think her visiting her mother in law is the biggest proof of that, along with the fact that elhamdellah, everything is alright and that they are all happy about how it is all going. As long as they are, then I believe no one can really say anything anymore, Dont you agree Houri ???

.. Hummi mitfahmeen ... So all you can really say is Allah yewafeghom.

T.C

Moi

Hummi mitfahmeen,isn't a khaligy expression is it? I think it sound more Jordanian/actually ahl el sham?
Well,Allah yewafeghom.

Well, she studied and graduated from saudi schools. As far as a job goes, I dont know ... It's been a while... Her mom is an artist so I know that she attends art galleries with her mom (shared interests, her mom is a wonderful lady by the way, she truely is) and as far as interests goes, Fahada loves to ride horses and takes interest in horses in general.

As for the phrase ... Hummi mitfahmeen, which is kinda turning into a subject of its own (kidding :p ). Well, as far as the dialect goes, I dont know, maybe my accent is a bit influenced by certain regions. I mean now that I have come to think of it, it makes sense. But in any case, it is used in Saudi Arabia, I am 100% sure of that.

P.S (the accents in saudi arabia vary from one region to another, and surely vary from other khaleeji countries, they are VERRRRY different ... it's like comparing a syrian accent or use of words to a jordanian, which in my view are very different and easy distinguished).

oh so she graduate for all saudi schools...thanks for the info...do you know what she majored in.

This thread is very interesting and my thanks to all for providing such useful information and posing such thoughtful questions. If she is as lovely as she seems--and I have no doubts she is, I'm sure Queen Noor will regard her with as much love and warmth as she has expressed about Princess Rym--even publicly stating she was "like a daughter" on "Larry King" two years ago. She sounds like a very well brought up, educated woman with a rich appreciation of culture and the arts. Sounds to me like Prince Hashem made a wonderful choice--and it was very, very nice to hear he had introduced his wife to his mother.

Moi said:
Yep, tesaweer, I am glad to hear from you as always ... I just think that people are looking at things the wrong way at times and they assume something is wrong when in reality nothing is, I dont know, maybe I am bad at explaining my point of view and might stop postin because of it. But I always agree with what you say.

Though, I know you didn't mean it that way but I never said he will back her up, I just said that they are thinking too far ahead into the future and no one could answer those questions but her, then I explained that I dont understand why this is becoming such an issue. Also, I claimed that whether she takes the decision or not (for example, her mom wears hijab). So, whether she choses to or not, it is her life, and instead of thinking people will go against it, as some asked since non of Hashims sisters or sisters in law wears hijab, I said thats its only a decision between her and God (a point I made sure to repeat more than once), then I said that its true he studies sharia (as a reply to a question) and if she ever decided to take that step any time throughout her life, given his background, I surely dont think he will protest. (but I never said he will ask her to, which is what some people hinted towards since he studies sharia).

I never claimed he would back her up as thats all hypothetical. I just said that given both their backgrounds I am sure every decision they reach will be well considered and well thought of.

I hope you didn't think I meant otherwise ... I know you didn't tesaweer, I just wanted to double check.

Also, hope all is well with you tesaweer, its been a while ... :) Missed You !

T.C.

God Bless xx

Moi
Hi Moi, I understand fully what you're saying and believe me there is no need to worry so much about the way you explain things, I think you're doing a good job (very detailed) which I'm sure is beneficial to many, and I personaly don't think there is anything wrong with a husband backing his wife in a decision she takes whatever it is hijab or not should she choose to.
Again, I do understand what you're trying hard to explain and back you all the way.
Missed you too and miss Lil monkey, it's been a while hope all is well with you too. All the best ;)

Wow, its been a while since I posted here again. I'm just curious, are there photos of Fahdah already?

None so far! We're still patiently waiting!

I´ve just finished reading this fascinating thread and lots and lots of thanks to the people who have explained the ME customs...it´s been really interesting. One question....somewhere way back at the beginning of the thread someone mentioned that it was expected that PH was going to marry as his appearance had changed. Can someone explan why he had to change - personal, cultural religious? Thanks :)

tesaweer said:
Missed you too and miss Lil monkey, it's been a while hope all is well with you too. All the best ;)

Thanks dear that was so nice of u,I am sorry i haven't been posting in the forums,but I have been very sick.

Hope ur ok and everything is ok with ya:)
TC.

does anybody have an idea when the wedding will be? the official wedding? and does anyone know what his fiance looks like?

lil Monkey said:
Thanks dear that was so nice of u,I am sorry i haven't been posting in the forums,but I have been very sick.

TC.
Hi Lil Monkey, sorry to hear you've been very sick, hope you're better now I really was worried cos I enjoy reading your posts alot.
Get well soon and God bless (Allah ma3aki ) ;)

lil Monkey said:

TC.

Hi Lil monkey, sorry to hear you weren't well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Hope your feeling alot better now ... missed you !

Please take care.

Hi lil monky .....salamat. hope you r better now

lil Monkey said:

TC.

OH i am soooo sorry...hope u are better soon, insha'allah ;)

tesaweer said:
Hi Lil Monkey, sorry to hear you've been very sick, hope you're better now I really was worried cos I enjoy reading your posts alot.
Get well soon and God bless (Allah ma3aki ) ;)

Teslami ya rub,kolek zog :)
I am back now,anything new with the princes?:)

Moi said:
Hi Lil monkey, sorry to hear you weren't well.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Hope your feeling alot better now ... missed you !

Please take care.

Awww Thanks,ur are so sweet. I am feeling alot better now elhamdullah. Hope ur all ok and everything is goin well w/ya!

TC :)

elizahawthorne said:
OH i am soooo sorry...hope u are better soon, insha'allah ;)

Ah thank you Eliza,elhamdullah I am doin alot better,thanks for ur concern everyone,I was really touched by it...

THank u all :):eek:

Moi said:
Hi ! :) Well, if your weren't so nice yourself, you wouldn't think I were, so I am very flattered with what you said, and I am sure you a great person !!!

You know what? I think that its all a misconception, I think people get the wrong impression of saudis, fahda is just like them (q.rania, haya ... etc.) when it comes to clothes, and most saudis are, truely, you wont be able to tell them apart of a crowd. But, I dont blame people for what they think as thats how it is often portrayed in the media, so its very normal for it to turn into a stereotype you know? I do respect how you think, and in most cases, it makes perfect sense, when your the focus of people, its normal for them to pin-point every issue. But I dont think it will be that complicated. She doesn't wear hijab now, but what I mentioned is maybe in the future, she will, no one knows, same goes to any woman, including q.rania. No one knows ... I dont think there will be a comparison if one of them chose to, I dont think it can ever be that shallow or atleast I hope not ~!

It's just that people do not know what to expect so they go into lengthly discussions when the truth is just pure and simple. I do know that hashim studies shariá law at the moment (Holy Quran, etc.) So, maybe even if she didn't really think about it now, he might encourage her if she one day decides to. I dont really know. But all I hope is whatever they decide as individuals, others will just respect, for the reason that they are human and will have their own lives and they deserve, as with everyone else, to live according to what makes them most comfortable as long as it doesn't clash with what is frowned upon or labelled, wrong or taboo (which wont be an issue to begin with as I know they are both raised in the best of ways and are both mature and very respectful) ...

I enjoyed reading your post and I hope to hear from you often. I am sorry I cant help further, but thats a thing only she can answer. If anything else, just ask and I will do my best give a helpful reply. I also hope everything is going great for you... Best of luck with everything ! :)

God Bless,
Moi

THANX AGAIN, MOI,
well, I was asking as years ago, when had just become the new King, I read on the Net that many ppl in Jordan were not so happy their new queen was never wearing a hijab, though we must not forget nor Queen Noor or any Jordan Princess has ever had.... so, I was mainly thinking ,not of what JRF Princesses or QR might think, but what Jordan ppl would, they would surely love if P. ahdah wore a hijab, well, I'm sure u got the point, anyway, P. Fahdah will do what is best in the current circustamces. U're right, I watched on BBC, only yesterday, a TV program about audi women and they kept saying that they were forced to wear a hijab, they could never drive a car etc. so maybe we don't really know the truth about women in your country, - PS: - BBC program said things were slowly changing, though....

I am sure Princess Fahada will wear the hijab if she feels it is the right thing to do in terms of her faith rather then for any other reason. I think this is a very personal choice. May God bless them and make them happy inshAllah.

Glad you are feeling better, lil Monkey!

Can someone please tell me what we are talking about? :eek: ;)
Thank-you.;) :)

does anybody know how long they already knew each other (i mean PH and PF)?

someone said 6 months and another one said 6 weeks?!

---
nice to see you again lil monkey - you should try the song link I sent you ^^

lil Monkey said:
It depends on what ur asking?lol

Oh. I don't know, maybe this is what we are talking about right now, but is the princess closely related to him? Where are they currently?:)

Thanks lil Monkey for clearification.:) ;)

Back
Top Bottom