The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovy_bear
According to a bunch of baby name sites on the web, Fahdah means leopardess. But you were on the right track lil Monkey. As for the name being a feminine version of Fahd (and vice versa), I hadn't thought of it like that before but it makes sense now lol.

On another note, in regards to Hashim's wife allegedly being two years older than him, it shouldn't be that much of a big surprise (if it's true) considering that aside from his brother Ali, his own father also married an older woman i.e. Dina the first time around.

Also, even though two years isn't that large of an age gap, if the rumours of Noor supposedly not spending that much time with her (especially biological) children while they were growing up (except for Hamzah) are true, perhaps Hashim's partially looking for a mother figure in Fahdah - again if she is really a couple of years his senior.
Yea I wasn't sure of the Animal's name,hehe
LOL a mother figure,ehhhm,that's a bit mean :o

Old 01-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina
sorry what do u mean queen noor not being close to her biological children except for hamzah? thats why prince hashim looks shy?
I was just commenting on one statement that was posted here earlier, I honestly have no idea if that particular rumor is true. According to the one who posted the statement, there was a rumor that Queen Noor is not that close to her biological children, except for Prince Hamzah. I don't think Prince Hashem's shyness has anything to do with such thing, that is, if it is indeed true. But who knows...

Old 01-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

marriage of prince hashem on jordan tv (arabic vedio)http://media.putfile.com/hasim_Jtv
Old 01-25-2006, 06:15 AM
Gentry

Was Queen Noor also there? It is strange if not?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
I was just commenting on one statement that was posted here earlier, I honestly have no idea if that particular rumor is true. According to the one who posted the statement, there was a rumor that Queen Noor is not that close to her biological children, except for Prince Hamzah. I don't think Prince Hashem's shyness has anything to do with such thing, that is, if it is indeed true. But who knows...
QN is told to be shy so ... its the genes maybe.
other children of her seem to be unlike the camera - too.

and to the rumour... there are always such rumours.I think thats related to the fact that she doesnt talk about them.
there are people who always want her bad in every way.
to me she seems very close to her daughters and i know several unimportant events where she attended with prince hashim too.
so when the relationship is that bad - they wouldnt attend together - at unimportant events.
but thats only my opinion.:o

where is el jood and the picture of fahda...
im getting the feeling we wont see her that soon
Old 01-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

we haven't even see the wedding pictures yet!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Nobility

Two years is really not a big age difference at all.:)
Old 01-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

"we haven't even see the wedding pictures yet!"

Saudi custom most likely, her family may not have allowed photographers or if they did they may not permit the pictures to be published.
Old 01-26-2006, 03:03 PM
Aristocracy

well, that's probably why then.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
LOL a mother figure,ehhhm,that's a bit mean :o
Well it's my personal viewpoint, that if an individual hardly spends any time with their child(ren) on purpose (especially from their infancy to adolescence), that they aren't being very parental. Although, if the person does have a good reason for not being able to bond with his or her kid(s) on a regular basis or even at all, then that's different.

But as I stated in my last post, the idea of Noor playing favourites in the maternal realm is simply a rumour and could very well be an outright lie. She seemed to speak very lovingly of each one of her (biological) children, while being interviewed on a TV show in the recent past (an interview that I personally watched).

And as for Hashim, perhaps his decision to marry an alleged older woman has nothing at all to do with (partly) longing for a motherly replacement. There are a whole multitude of factors as to why a couple can become attracted to one another, especially when it comes to relationships.
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 01-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Aristocracy

Well said :-)
Old 01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovy_bear
Well it's my personal viewpoint, that if an individual hardly spends any time with their child(ren) on purpose (especially from their infancy to adolescence), that they aren't being very parental. Although, if the person does have a good reason for not being able to bond with his or her kid(s) on a regular basis or even at all, then that's different.

But as I stated in my last post, the idea of Noor playing favourites in the maternal realm is simply a rumour and could very well be an outright lie. She seemed to speak very lovingly of each one of her (biological) children, while being interviewed on a TV show in the recent past (an interview that I personally watched).

And as for Hashim, perhaps his decision to marry an alleged older woman has nothing at all to do with (partly) longing for a motherly replacement. There are a whole multitude of factors as to why a couple can become attracted to one another, especially when it comes to relationships.
i totally agree!!!:)
Old 01-28-2006, 11:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I've moved some of the general comments about Prince Hashem into his Current News thread, reserving this thread specifically for news and articles about his marriage.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forums Moderator
Old 01-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Aristocracy

Oh no wonder some of my posts were in the other thread on Prince Hashem! lol I thought I was already sufferring from dementia or something...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Nobility

So were there ANY pictures of the bride released?
Old 02-03-2006, 07:40 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think there is any picture of the bride available yet. :-(
Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hi, I'm new here. How do Jordan weddings work? Do they have a private ceremony first (family only) and then later on have a public ceremony? How much time is in between? How was Hamzah's wedding done?
It's very interesting to learn about other cultures. I'm enjoying reading these discussions. :)
Old 02-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Gentry

do u think princess fahda is wearing hegab or نقاب i dont know the name of it in english as she is from saudi arabia
Old 02-04-2006, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I'd be surprised if she did, but then again she might.
A lot of Saudi women, including Saudi princesses (i know Fahdah isnt one) dress ultra-western outside of Saudi Arabia.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina
do u think princess fahda is wearing hegab or نقاب i dont know the name of it in english as she is from saudi arabia
We may never know. Although with the way Prince Hashem dresses nowadays perhaps it would suggest that Princess Fahdah wears the hijab. I'm not really sure about the Nikab.