The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

I hope the truth resides in them meeting in August because 6 weeks is a very short time to get to know each other. Unless it was arranged or something. I hope they will release some pics of the couple soon.

Old 01-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky24
I hope the truth resides in them meeting in August because 6 weeks is a very short time to get to know each other. Unless it was arranged or something. I hope they will release some pics of the couple soon.
Yea that's what I think too.....Only God knows!

Old 01-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I surely hope it wasn't arranged. Prince Hashem doesn't seem like the type to succumb to arranged marriages.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincesPrincess
from a very accurate source:
-They only met 6 weeks ago.
-very pretty
-She was in Jordan recently
-she is in Riyadh now.
-they were meant to have an engagement dinner but it was postponed due to the death of the Emir of Kuwait.
-She is 2 years older than him
I'm curious to know which source that is.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
I surely hope it wasn't arranged. Prince Hashem doesn't seem like the type to succumb to arranged marriages.
I agree, nayeli0016, but we never really know unless we are in that circle, unfortunately. Prince Hashem doesn't really seem like that type to me either. Although, he does seem to be a little bit more of a traditionalist that the others, so who knows!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I agree, nayeli0016, but we never really know unless we are in that circle, unfortunately. Prince Hashem doesn't really seem like that type to me either. Although, he does seem to be a little bit more of a traditionalist that the others, so who knows!
You're right Becky24, he does seem like a traditionalist than most of the other members of the Jordanian Royal house. But then, we may never know how Prince Hashem thinks and how his decisions are influenced by those closest to him. :)
Old 01-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

Glad we agree!
Old 01-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Aristocracy

Without a doubt we do agree on that Becky24 :)
Old 01-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Courtier

I have a silly question. Is Prince Hashem one of the children of late king Hussein and his widow Queen Noor?
Old 01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene
I have a silly question. Is Prince Hashem one of the children of late king Hussein and his widow Queen Noor?
yes he is :)
Old 01-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
yes he is :)
Thanks a lot:)
Old 01-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
,they only met 6 weeks ago? well,I thought they were engaged back in August,that was what we heard...Older than him? now that's a shock,I just hope she's pretty as u said!
Can't wait to see the pics,I wonder smtimes how they think,it's nice to know....
i cant believe that he married a girl her name is fahdah its really strange name and after 6 weeks only really its z surprise of 2006
Old 01-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmarina
i cant believe that he married a girl her name is fahdah its really strange name and after 6 weeks only really its z surprise of 2006
its announced in petranews.
so ... it seems to be true.
even if its hard to believe.:o
Old 01-23-2006, 12:45 PM
Courtier

i read somewhere that its an ancient name...names from one part of the world sound starnge to people from another part of the world:)
Old 01-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Aristocracy

yes, it sounds strange, but kinda pretty
Old 01-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Yea it's an ancient Arabic name,its the fim. of Fahd (fahd for Males and Fahdah for females),im not sure what's the animal called in english but it's as closer as it can get to a tiger,umm maybe a puma?and it's a symbol of strength,that's why old Arabs used to call their sons and daughters that.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Yea it's an ancient Arabic name,its the fim. of Fahd (fahd for Males and Fahdah for females),im not sure what's the animal called in english but it's as closer as it can get to a tiger,umm maybe a puma?and it's a symbol of strength,that's why old Arabs used to call their sons and daughters that.
According to a bunch of baby name sites on the web, Fahdah means leopardess. But you were on the right track lil Monkey. As for the name being a feminine version of Fahd (and vice versa), I hadn't thought of it like that before but it makes sense now lol.

On another note, in regards to Hashim's wife allegedly being two years older than him, it shouldn't be that much of a big surprise (if it's true) considering that aside from his brother Ali, his own father also married an older woman i.e. Dina the first time around.

Also, even though two years isn't that large of an age gap, if the rumours of Noor supposedly not spending that much time with her (especially biological) children while they were growing up (except for Hamzah) are true, perhaps Hashim's partially looking for a mother figure in Fahdah - again if she is really a couple of years his senior.
In my dream I saw a tree: green, bright, vast, of indescribable beauty; and on this tree were three kinds of fruit, such as I had never seen among all the fruits of this world. Red, white, and yellow; they shone like globes and living suns ~ Rabia of Basra * Let the beauty we love be what we do ~ Rumi *

MuslimHeritage.com :: Rumi's Poetry :: Ancient Civilizations
Old 01-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy

I think Fahdah's a lovely name, it may sound eccentric but it definitely is exquisite to me. :-) I never thought that there would be a female form of the name Fahad, but its interesting to know that there is someone who goes by that name.

You're right lovy_bear, 2 years isn't that considerably big of an age gap between a couple regardless of who is older.

That was an attention-grabbing info you just provided there lovy_bear, I never knew that there was a rumor about Noor not being close to her biological children except for Hamzah. Interesting... Now if that indeed is true, then perhaps it might've had an impact on his decision on marrying Fahdah. At the end of the day though, we can't say for sure what really goes on inside Prince Hashem's head. lol :)
Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Gentry

I wonder if we can see her ( Fahdah ) someday, like we saw the other princesses???
Old 01-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayeli0016
I think Fahdah's a lovely name, it may sound eccentric but it definitely is exquisite to me. :-) I never thought that there would be a female form of the name Fahad, but its interesting to know that there is someone who goes by that name.

You're right lovy_bear, 2 years isn't that considerably big of an age gap between a couple regardless of who is older.

That was an attention-grabbing info you just provided there lovy_bear, I never knew that there was a rumor about Noor not being close to her biological children except for Hamzah. Interesting... Now if that indeed is true, then perhaps it might've had an impact on his decision on marrying Fahdah. At the end of the day though, we can't say for sure what really goes on inside Prince Hashem's head. lol :)

sorry what do u mean queen noor not being close to her biological children except for hamzah? thats why prince hashim looks shy?