The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-21-2018, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
The entire Suit cast was present for the reception; here is the creator of the show in his own words:

https://servimg.com/view/19804771/14

https://servimg.com/view/19804771/15

https://servimg.com/view/19804771/16

Yes they were present for the reception straight after the wedding given by The Queen at Windsor. They werenít present for the evening reception at Frogmore hosted by Prince Charles.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:22 PM
Aristocracy

Some positive news. It's reported that Meghan in her speech at the evening reception personally thanked Prince Charles for being so welcoming to her and her mother, Doria.

Meghan Markle thanked Prince Charles in her royal wedding speech | Daily Mail Online

Old 05-21-2018, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloep View Post
The entire Suit cast was present for the reception; here is the creator of the show in his own words:

https://servimg.com/view/19804771/14
https://servimg.com/view/19804771/15
https://servimg.com/view/19804771/16
He's only talking about the first reception. The discussion is if they were invited to the second one. And truthfully, we'll never know. No one is going to go on the record talking about it. That's the expectation for the second reception is that everyone can just let their hair down and not worry and have fun without worrying that it'll get out. And really Suits cast aren't at the Clooney level that someone will want to dig for it through their sources.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Suits at evening reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
The cast of Suits was also not invited to the evening reception, which I was a bit surprised about. At least since Sarah, Rick and Meghan are close. But I guess if you keep adding on, pretty soon you have another large party.
Hereís a story which quotes three of the actresses describing getting slippers when they got off the bus at Frogmore:
Meghan Markle thanks the Queen for welcoming her in wedding speech | Daily Mail Online

This part of the story is just after the pix of M&H in the E car.

Itís hard to believe that the cast would be invited to come all the way to London and leave them out of this part of the day. Another rumor, apparently they were there.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-21-2018, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Hereís a story which quotes three of the actresses describing getting slippers when they got off the bus at Frogmore:
Meghan Markle thanks the Queen for welcoming her in wedding speech | Daily Mail Online

This part of the story is just after the pix of M&H in the E car.

Itís hard to believe that the cast would be invited to come all the way to London and leave them out of this part of the day. Another rumor, apparently they were there.
If that's the case, then the Suits case would likely be invited. I can't remember where, but I thought I had read one of the people that talked about the slippers was Troian Bellasario (Patrick's wife). That's why I thought it might be at the Windsor reception.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:44 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
If that's the case, then the Suits case would likely be invited. I can't remember where, but I thought I had read one of the people that talked about the slippers was Troian Bellasario (Patrick's wife). That's why I thought it might be at the Windsor reception.

Trojan Bellasario posted a video of her receiving the slippers on her Instagram story. Itís unclear though if the slippers were provided at the first reception (at Windsor) or the second (at Frogmore).
Old 05-21-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Trojan Bellasario posted a video of her receiving the slippers on her Instagram story. It’s unclear though if the slippers were provided at the first reception (at Windsor) or the second (at Frogmore).
Been following the forum for a while but first time posting.

Like others have said we will probably never know if Suits cast were at the evening reception. A few articles I've read have mentioned they were among those invited.

I can't imagine Meghan would have her castmates of 7 years invited only for the afternoon reception after all of them would have flown in from America to attend.
Although Charles was hosting the evening reception, I would have thought Meghan and Harry would have mainly been responsible for the guest list.

I would be very surprised if there were not invited as Sarah, Gina and Meghan have spoken before about being like sisters and I've heard Patrick refer to Meghan as like a little sister.

I've been a fan of Suits since it started in 2011 and follow the entire cast and the creator Aaron Korsh on social media and they all seemed to be very close and referred to each other as family. Like if they were not included in the evening reception then Meghan's side would probably have been pretty small as it was only her mum and closest friends who were there
Old 05-21-2018, 05:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Trojan Bellasario posted a video of her receiving the slippers on her Instagram story. Itís unclear though if the slippers were provided at the first reception (at Windsor) or the second (at Frogmore).
The story I posted makes it pretty plain that the slippers were distributed at Frogmore. The following sentences mention the marquee on the grounds. And- can you honestly imagine that a party the Queen hosted at Windsor involved slippers?
Could someone point me to a source for the Suits cast not being invited story?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The story I posted makes it pretty plain that the slippers were distributed at Frogmore. The following sentences mention the marquee on the grounds. And- can you honestly imagine that a party the Queen hosted at Windsor involved slippers?

Bold by me-- this!

It just doesn't seem like it would be a thing at a reception hosted by the Queen. Plus, 600 attended that reception, even if only for the women, that's a lot of slippers!
Old 05-21-2018, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The article posted above said at Frogmore once they got off the coach. Another mystery that we will never know for sure.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, that why I needed a moment when I thought the cast of Suits weren't invited to Frogmore. It's one thing to have bowl food, but I can't see the Queen taking it that far.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:18 PM
Courtier

FWIW, the shoes (and dresses) that were featured in Troian's slipper videos were the shoes (and dress/Abigail's dress/Sarah's dress) she wore to the ceremony and Queen's reception.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/63...ing-reception/

I can't see Troian, Sarah Rafferty and Abigail Spencer all wearing the same dress to the evening reception, when everyone else changed.

One source of the "Suits cast didn't go to the evening party" story was that Jessica Mulroney's stylist posted some Instagram stories of an impromptu karaoke party at Coworth Park (which seems to have been the hotel of choice for most of the big name guests) that featured Rick Hoffman singing and what looked like Gabriel Macht on piano, during the evening.

I didn't see Sarah, Abigail, or Gina in those instagram story videos, so I can't speak to that, but it was definitely Rick singing.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
FWIW, the shoes (and dresses) that were featured in Troian's slipper videos were the shoes (and dress/Abigail's dress/Sarah's dress) she wore to the ceremony and Queen's reception.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/63...ing-reception/

I can't see Troian, Sarah Rafferty and Abigail Spencer all wearing the same dress to the evening reception, when everyone else changed.

One source of the "Suits cast didn't go to the evening party" story was that Jessica Mulroney's stylist posted some Instagram stories of an impromptu karaoke party at Coworth Park (which seems to have been the hotel of choice for most of the big name guests) that featured Rick Hoffman singing and what looked like Gabriel Macht on piano, during the evening.

I didn't see Sarah, Abigail, or Gina in those instagram story videos, so I can't speak to that, but it was definitely Rick singing.
She did also say that was a warm up though. Who knows what Rick was warming up for. And honestly, if they were to pick and choose and only invite some members of the Suit cast, I can't see Rick being left behind. Rick and Meghan are very close.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Bold by me-- this!

It just doesn't seem like it would be a thing at a reception hosted by the Queen. Plus, 600 attended that reception, even if only for the women, that's a lot of slippers!
For the afternoon reception, seems to me their feet would still be in pretty good shape so that they wouldn't need slippers. When I hear "slippers" I think "dancing," and think that's why they'd have them.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Administrator

I also remember Sarah with an Instagram photo of a pink formal gown, and it was inferred that she would be using it this weekend. And yet, I recall reading that they were not invited to the evening reception.

I also thought it odd to have people fly from Canada and the States and not invite them to everything, but what do I know!

But yes, we probably will never really know unless they post it on Instagram.

Old 05-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Yes, that why I needed a moment when I thought the cast of Suits weren't invited to Frogmore. It's one thing to have bowl food, but I can't see the Queen taking it that far.
Bowl food is already pretty cheap for one of the richest royal houses in Europe . I mean, even at other morning weddings, continental European royal houses did much better at the post-wedding reception,and I am not getting into the full dinners served after late afternoon/ evening weddings.
Old 05-21-2018, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EloisevonLippe View Post
Wish the hair was a little different... I think this style would have been perfect for the overall style of the evening - https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/76...d0832ed6ca.jpg
Will respond in the hair thread
Old 05-22-2018, 04:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
My understanding is that even though Sarah York attended the wedding ceremony and the luncheon hosted by the queen at Frogmore, she was not invited to the intimate evening reception given by the PoW. It's no secret that he is not quite a fan.

I have read that the Middletons(Michael, Carole, Pippa and her husband and her brother James) were also not invited to the Charles shindig, which rather surprises me.

I personally think that Pippa and James were at least asked. Pippa is pregnant, after sitting in a church and then standing at an reception in daytime, she surely didn't want to attend a party at night. James might have been there. I don't think many of the elder generation attended, probably some Royals on Charles' invite but other than that, it was the people Meghan knew would have a good party together with Harry's friends.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:23 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I am of the opinion that the media has gotten the slippers story completely wrong (and the media being the media, all other outlets followed the first like a bunch of sheep): I've watched the video from Troian Bellisario's Instagram story that The Sun has included in their article - it begins with the group in the coach on the way to Windsor Castle, then Troian and others getting back on the coach after the lunch reception, and then they get slippers once they're off the coach at their destination.

IMO what is most likely, is that the hotel they were staying at (Coworth Park, was that where most of the big name out-of-towners were staying?) provided them with the slippers when they arrived back after the wedding and lunch reception. In the background of the video you can hear the staff asking everyone if they've had a great time and saying how lovely the day has been.

Troian, Sarah Rafferty and Abigail Spencer are all wearing the dresses they wore during the day. They wouldn't have been wearing those outfits if the video was taken during the evening reception at Frogmore.
Old 05-22-2018, 05:41 AM
Courtier

With reference to the slipper question. I found this picture on Hello's website it is from Misha Nonoo's Instagram account (scroll a little down the page) it shows Misha and Benita Litt walking wearing slippers wearing their ceremony outfits.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalt...edding-photos/