Prince Harry and Meghan Markle: Church Service, Carriage Procession - May 19, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say that compared to other royal weddings we have seen not only in Britain, but especially in other European monarchies, ,it was pretty underwhelming. But the couple seems to genuinely care for each other, which is what really matters after all.

I went back and looked. There was definitely a curtsey. It was just shown from above.

Can you indicate when it was?

Lovely waves from Princess Charlotte and the queen/duke are leaving now.

Princess Charlotte is going to seriously embrace her royal duties as she grows up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say that compared to other royal weddings we have seen not only in Britain, but especially in other European monarchies, ,it was pretty underwhelming. But the couple seems to genuinely care for each other, which is what really matters after all.

Indeed, that is all that matters. :flowers:

Underwhelming in none of the OTT pomp and circumstance seen at weddings like the Cambridge wedding true :flowers:

But it suited them. Beautiful with personal touches. The music fits them. I love the different performers like the cellist. And the household guard accompanying them. It is such a wonderful mix of a personal wedding and a royal wedding.

Wow, look at all the people! Meghan is waving at everybody.

Last edited:
A Windsor wedding is never meant to be as pompous and extravagant as a Westminster Abbey/St Paul's wedding.

It is always a more personal, simple affair.

Right after the end of the anthem, in the pause just before the recessional music started.

After they came back into the church proper from signing the register after the anthem. The camera showed it from above so it was hard to see.

It's pity that prince Harry didnt' shaved his beard- he looks scroufy for such big day....

A Windsor wedding is never meant to be as pompous and extravagant as a Westminster Abbey/St Paul's wedding.

It is always a more personal, simple affair.

That’s what I thought. I thought the ceremony was wonderful.

Wow, that is a magnificent shot of the crowds and the castle and the wedding procession

Wow of a stunning view of the Long Walk packed with people.

hahaha, "i want to marry Harry" t-shirts, sorry girls, he's taken now ?

Some young ladies are wearing tee shirts that say “I want to marry Harry”. Too funny! ?

I must say that was as underwhelming a royal wedding I’ve ever watched. Couple were happy the service didn’t have the royal oomph.

Wow! Kind of just hit me that a fellow American is now Her Royal Highness, The Duchess of Sussex.

The BBC said its 21C in Windsor and just perfect for the carriage ride.

I must say that was as underwhelming a royal wedding I’ve ever watched. Couple were happy the service didn’t have the royal oomph.
It was very underwhelming. I'm really 'meh' about it.

It was in line with expectations. Meghan looked beautiful and radiant. And I am glad all the pre-wedding drama is now behind us.

Oh well...I knew it was too good to be true.

Posts discussing the composition of the British political system have been deleted.

Lol, saw a sign in the crowd saying "I married a ginger too!"

A bit of British humour to it all. Must say the carriage procession has been beautiful, such lovely weather and pretty streets. Meghan seems overwhelmed by the number of people there. Reminds me of Kate walking out onto the BP balcony on her wedding day and just going "wow!".

Who are the people on the lawn there, staff of Windsor castle?

You can tell Meghan is clearly overwhelmed by the crowds, she doesn't really how to react to all of this.

Beautiful weather and all those cheering crowds, wonderful experience.

You can tell Meghan is clearly overwhelmed by the crowds, she doesn't really how to react to all of this.
Agreed. Getting married is emotional for all brides (and grooms) but to marry into the most famous family in the world, with the crowds and the TV audience--I don't think I could do it. She is certainly very special.

As a Hollywood actress, she should be better equipped to handle crowds than other girls who married into the RF like Kate for example.

As a Hollywood actress, she should better equipped to handle crowds than other girls who married into the RF like Kate for example.

Still, I think no amount of Hollywood acting can really prepare anyone for this...It's just a whole different league.

Back
Top Bottom