Prince Hamzah of Jordan & Princess Noor: August 2003 & May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

syima

Gentry
Princess Noor signs the Muslim marriage contract

Attachments

• Prince__n__Princesssign.jpg
    Prince__n__Princesssign.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4,761
Crown Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor Hamzah
http://www.princehamzah.jo/news/Photos/official%20photo.jpg

Crown Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor Hamzah
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/174.jpg

The ring. :)
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/178.jpg

With K Abdullah and Q Rania.
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/179.jpg

With Hamzah's mother, Queen Noor.
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/181.jpg

Queen Noor, Crown Prince Hamzah, Princess Noor Hamzah, Princess Fairouzah, and Princess Muna.
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/182.jpg

With Hamzah's brothers, including K Abdullah.
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/183.jpg

I love this picture! They're leaving in the car.
http://www.princehamzah.jo/Gallery/Album/184.jpg

I got all of the above pictures from :: The official site of HRH Prince Hamzah bin al Hussein ::

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry. These are a bit old. They've been in my computer for a long time. I just thought that there aren't enough pictures of CP Hamzah in here. :p

According to spanish newspaper ABC, Crown Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor Of Jordan wedding will take place just a week later the royal wedding in Spain :blink: Anyone heard something about this??

This way we will have 3 royal weddings in a row :wacko:

In what site do you learn this notice, I enter to page o abc but I don´t found this notice.

I don't know any Spanish but does it say that it'll be sometime in May??? :unsure:

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 12:07 pm
According to spanish newspaper ABC, Crown Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor Of Jordan wedding will take place just a week later the royal wedding in Spain  :blink: Anyone heard something about this??

This way we will have 3 royal weddings in a row  :wacko:
xicamaluca gave a summery of the article.....
take a look here

here is the translated news
Sorry, I don't speak very well spanish.

The International Events forced to almost advance to a month the wedding of Prince de Asturias
Martinez-forne's

MADRID. The numerous international events, of social and political character, anticipated for end of the spring have forced to advance to the date of the wedding of Their Height Real Prince de Asturias with Doña Letizia Ortiz, programmed initially for principles of the next summer.

It was the House of His Majesty the King the one that announced, shortly before the midnight of the last Friday, that the connection of the Heir of Corona will take place to 12 of the noon of the 22 of May in the Cathedral of the Almudena of Madrid.

Just as it happened with the official announcement of the commitment, that hurried to avoid the rumors, in this occasion the spreading of the date of the wedding by the chain of Intereconomía radio did that the Palace of the Zarzuela decided to advance the official official notice and to at night announce it few minutes before the twelve of Friday, one hour unusual for this type of official notices.

Don Felipe informed to its close friends

Apparently, own Don Felipe already had announced to his more close friends the exact day of its connection and, as of that moment, the date began to circulate quickly, when still it had not been made public officially.

Until then, the House of His Majesty the King studied three possible dates for the celebration of the wedding. First it was the 22 of May, the second, very next one, and third, already in June, closest to the summer. The confirmation of the exact date depended solely to make it with the numerous events anticipated for the months of May and June compatible. As it is logical, one was to try to obtain that it could attend the ceremony the greater possible number of representatives of the religious and civil institutions, as well as of international delegations of the highest level.

The circumstance that occurs indeed the weekend previous to the one of the wedding of Don Felipe will contract marriage Prince Heredero Federico of Denmark with the Australian Mary Donaldson. Also, the following weekend to the connection of Prince de Asturias will be celebrated the one of Prince Heredero of Jordan, Hamzah, with its fiance'e, Noor. Hamzah is son of King Hussein and Queen Noor.

Of this form, they will be three consecutive week ends in which the Royal Families of the diverse countries will have to move to attend the three weddings.

In addition to these three marriages, the international agenda specially is loaded in June. The European elections (foreseeably the 13) with its corresponding electoral campaign, the sport advice of relief of presidency of the UE or events as the Eurocopa of soccer made look for a date in May.

Strategic balconies

Now, once made specific the day of the wedding, to the commission created in the Palace of the Zarzuela to organize the preparations, representatives of the City council and the Community of Madrid will add themselves. Until the ceremony, they have six months to prepare the Spanish capital, that the 22 of May will monopolize all the national and international attention. All the referring one to Prince de Asturias and his fiance'e is provoking a great interest between diverse Spanish and foreign mass media. As one remembers, more than thousand journalists they solicitd to credit itself to cover the request with hand, although finally only there was space for 350. The real estate agencies already have begun to receive requests of rents of floors for that date and from which the passage of the retinue can be observed. The same demand registered yesterday in inns and pensions of old Madrid, near Palace, and objective of the cameras and photographers for that day.

Is it common that royals from other countries attend Jordan royal weddings,

Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 23rd, 2003 - 9:13 am
Is it common that royals from other countries attend Jordan royal weddings,
Josephine, I'm pretty sure that the Spanish royals will be there since Queen Sophia and Queen Noor are close. I'm not sure who else will be there. Maybe the British, I don't know. I saw a few pictures of Queen Sophia at Abdullah and Rania's wedding in 1993. This is her with Queen Noor at their wedding.

According to Spanish newspaper, El Mundo, P. Hamzah's wedding is May 27:

ACUDIRÁN ENTRE 1.200 Y 1.400 INVITADOS
El Príncipe Felipe asegura estar implicado 'personalmente' en los preparativos de su boda

EUROPA PRESS

El Rey y el Príncipe, durante el discurso del primero en la celebración de la Pascua militar. (EFE)

NOTICIAS RELACIONADAS

MADRID.- El Príncipe de Asturias ha asegurado estar implicado "personalmente" en los preparativos de la boda con su prometida Letizia Ortiz, que se celebrará el próximo 22 de mayo en Madrid. En conversación informal con un grupo de periodistas en la recepción posterior a la Pascua Militar, reveló que al enlace asistirán entre 1.200 y 1.400 invitados.

Su Alteza Real comentó que existen problemas de espacio y que tanto su lista personal de invitados como la de su prometida tendrá que ser forzosamente muy reducida.

Comentó que, a pesar del interés que despierta en determinados sectores de la opinión pública, aún no se pueden ofrecer detalles sobre la celebración de la boda, entre otras razones porque los proyectos están todavía en estudio.

Don Felipe de Borbón anunció que asistirá junto a Letizia Ortiz, como prometidos, a la boda del heredero de la Corona de Dinamarca, el Príncipe Federico, que contraerá matrimonio con Mary Donaldson el próximo 14 de mayo.

Una semana después de contraer matrimonio, el 27 de mayo, el Príncipe y doña Letizia asistirán, ya como marido y mujer, a la boda del príncipe de Jordania. A partir de entonces, comenzará la luna de miel.

Por otro lado, el Rey comentó también agradecido la colaboración que están prestando las autoridades madrileñas para el acontecimiento, y dijo que se desea que la Boda Real suponga también una promoción internacional de Madrid.

Bromeando, don Juan Carlos comentó que este va a ser un año muy intenso en bodas familiares, ya que, después de la del Príncipe, se producirán las de dos de sus sobrinos, Beltrán y Fernando, hijos de su hermana la Infanta Doña Pilar y Luis Gómez Acebo.

Ok... here's a stupid question... If they are already married why a ceremony in May?

In Islam, couples sign an agreement when they're engaged and they are considered "married". The ceremony later this year will be the official wedding.

That's right. They are considered to be "married" in Islamic terms, but only "engaged" by the public until there is an official wedding celebration.

Originally posted by Laura76@Jan 6th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
In Islam, couples sign an agreement when they're engaged and they are considered "married". The ceremony later this year will be the official wedding.
That's right. They are considered to be "married" in Islamic terms, but only "engaged" by the public until there is an official wedding celebration.

I believe you're referring to a "nikkah"
is that what its called in Arabic?

Islam probably adopted this from Judaism. (In Aramaic, the language of the Jewish wedding ceremony, it's called Kiddushin ("betrothal"), and the latter part -- Nissuin ("marriage")) However, Judaism long ago adopted the custom of doing them both at the Jewish wedding ceremony. This was to prevent problems from events that might occur between the engagement and the wedding.

Petra had a picture today of CP Hamzah and P. Noor regarding a statement from the Royal Court. Petra did not state what this announcement was? Does anyone have any idea what this statement from the Royal court is about? Is it announcing their wedding date? Or...

Please let us know.

BlueTortuga :eek:

Don't worry, I got it:

Tuesday January 27, 12:20 AM
Jordan to celebrate crown prince's wedding
ADVERTISEMENT

AFP Photo

Jordan's royal court announced plans to hold a celebration in May to mark the wedding of Crown Prince Hamza bin Hussein, a half-brother of King Abdullah II, who married privately last year.

"In celebration of their royal highnesses Crown Prince Hamza bin Hussein and Princess Nur Hamza, the Royal Hashemite Court announces than an official ceremony will be held in Amman on May 27," a court statement said Monday.

The 23-year-old heir to the throne married Princess Nur last August at a private ceremony at the home of King Abdullah.

Princess Nur, 21, is the daughter of Prince Assem bin Nayef, a cousin of the late King Hussein, the father of King Abdullah and Prince Hamza.

After their wedding, the royal couple returned to the United States to pursue university studies.

Also to answer some previous questions he dropped out for a semester last year because of the war, he felt he had to be in Jordan supporting his brother and his country.

The reason it's never announced that PNour has arrived from the states with him etc, is because in the eyes of the public they are still only engaged, once they have the party then she will be official...

Originally posted by Laura76@Jan 6th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
I've never heard of an agreement being signed at the engagement. The only agreement is the Nikkah which means a couple is married. There are no elaborate vows or anything at Islamic weddings. So Noor and Hamzah are legaly married, they're just not living together. I've heard of many couples doing that, especially when the husband and wife are both studying. The wedding probably wasn't officially celebrated because it didn't suit the couple at the time. Thats my guess anyway.

At the engagemnet they sign the nikkah, but they are still not considered married until they 'declare it in public ie. have the celebrations... some people wait 2 yrs after getting engaged to have their wedding party, or more, and for that time they are not considered married by the people.

Originally posted by alia_musallam@Jan 26th, 2004 - 5:30 pm
At the engagemnet they sign the nikkah, but they are still not considered married until they 'declare it in public ie. have the celebrations... some people wait 2 yrs after getting engaged to have their wedding party, or more, and for that time they are not considered married by the people.

Is this an arab thing?
Because I've never heard of this before.
In Pakistan the Nikkah is signed the day of the wedding. Nothing is signed on the day of the engagement party. Only rings are exchanged.
A lot of times the bride and groom do have a Nikkah before the actual public wedding ceremony but that is only in special circumstances. And even then a Nikkah is considered more than a mere engagement. But I do know that it doesnt mean a couple is fully married unless its done publicly/officially.

When is Hamzeh's wedding? It should be coming up soon., no? I remember Prince Felipe said that he and Letizia will be stopping there after their wedding.

It's on May the 27th.
I was actually going to start a thread for it so this is perfect!

Do you guys think Princess Noor will wear a traditional Jordanian dress or will wear a white wedding dress like Rania did?

I think she'll wear a regular white dress--that's usually the custom in Jordan (I think) that for the reception the bride wears the white dress and the engagement/religious she wears a traditional outfit.

What will the dress code be like for the other guests? Suits and hats or formal gala and tiara wear?

So little is known about this wedding ...

Back
Top Bottom