Prince Hamzah of Jordan & Princess Noor: August 2003 & May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know who, if anyone, from the moroccan royal family attended the wedding? Its weird not seeing them in any of the pictures.

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Jun 4th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
Does anyone know who, if anyone, from the moroccan royal family attended the wedding? Its weird not seeing them in any of the pictures.
I do not think they attended... :shock:

Originally posted by Humble@Jun 5th, 2004 - 5:12 pm

I do not think they attended... :shock:
That's strange. King Abdullah was in Morocco just a week before the wedding, meeting with King Muhammad. I'd have thought that atleast his wife or one of his sisters would've attended

Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@Jun 4th, 2004 - 12:52 pm
I know that KM6, Prince My Rachid, Lalla Salma and Lalla Meryem were in Morocco working that day.

That's strange.

Why? Did anybody from Jordanian Royal Family attended KM6 wedding two years ago?

King Abdullah was in Morocco just a week before the wedding, meeting with King Muhammad.

It was Abdullah's private visit.

:flower:

Originally posted by Banadoora@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 10:06 am
The song is by Majda Elroumi. King hussein used to like her very much, the JRF in general all liked her and she's been singing songs for them for YEARS now. i don't actually know what the song is called but it is very nice... any ideas anyone?

She sang at the Jarash Festival quite a few times. I have a video tape of one of her concerts there. I think that King Hussein liked her and Fairouz too. There must be something about the Lebanese! ;) :p B)

I'm not a huge fan of Majda-Al-Roumy I hadn't heard that song before. I thought the lyrics were a bit corny.
its a song she sang especially for the couple... she did it for them, i thought it was beautiful song

Originally posted by cut1me+Jun 15th, 2004 - 4:20 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cut1me @ Jun 15th, 2004 - 4:20 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Banadoora@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 10:06 am
The song is by Majda Elroumi. King hussein used to like her very much, the JRF in general all liked her and she's been singing songs for them for YEARS now. i don't actually know what the song is called but it is very nice... any ideas anyone?

She sang at the Jarash Festival quite a few times. I have a video tape of one of her concerts there. I think that King Hussein liked her and Fairouz too. There must be something about the Lebanese! ;) :p B)

I'm not a huge fan of Majda-Al-Roumy I hadn't heard that song before. I thought the lyrics were a bit corny.
its a song she sang especially for the couple... she did it for them, i thought it was beautiful song [/b][/quote]
yep beautiful!

can anyone tell me the words of the song for Hamzah and Noor ,thanx.

i was lookin at pictures of the wedding and in most of the pics P.Noor's, Fairuza i think her name is, doesnt look happy, i havent seen any pictures of her smiling, isnt she happy? im confused

The ''royal'' treatment at the royal wedding...
02-06-2004
Jordan's Crown Prince Hamzah and his beautiful bride celebrated their wedding at a state reception attended by many international dignitaries in Amman on May27 th. Hundreds of guests, including several European royals, attended a garden party reception to celebrate the wedding of Crown Prince Hamza bin Hussein to a distant cousin, Princess Noor, aged 22.

The 24 -year-old heir to the throne is the half-brother of King Abdullah II and the son of the late King Hussein and Queen Noor, formerly Lisa Halabi, an American of Lebanese origin. However, from pictures published by the local press of the Royal wedding, it seems that to some extent Queen Noor was kept away from the Royal couple during the wedding ceremonies.

The bride, Princess Noor, is the crown prince's cousin and granddaughter of a rival to the throne. Princess Noor is the youngest daughter of Prince Asem bin Nayef, a cousin of King Hussein. Prince Nayef, Asem's father, lived in exile in Spain after allegedly trying to take the throne instead of Hussein's father, Talal.

Half-brother of King Abdullah and certainly a favorite of the late King Hussein, he wed Princess Noor privately last year.

Hundreds lined the streets cheering as the couple ware driven to the Zahran Palace in a 1961 Lincoln Continental that belonged to the late king. Bystanders waved Jordanian flags and portraits of Abdullah, and some tossed flowers and candies at the prince who wore his green military uniform with decorations and a red-checkered kaffiyeh on his head, and Noor - who was in a white wedding gown. The royal couple frequently stood-up in the back of the car to wave at the crowd.

The royal couple arrived at Zahran and were accorded an honor guard welcome as an army orchestra played the national anthem and classical Western music. The royal car was surrounded by two dozen red Jeeps and motorcycle outriders with sirens sounding. Surrounding streets were sealed off causing traffic jams.

King Hussein married Queen Noor at Zahran Palace in1978 . The cream-colored Lincoln is traditionally brought out of the Royal Car Museum for ceremonial events including King Abdullah II's and King Hussein's marriages.

But in a departure from Jordanian tradition, the couple did not tour the streets of Amman. "The crown prince is not in a very festive mood because of the situations in Iraq and Palestine, so this will be a formal affair to meet his guests, both Jordanian and foreigners," a court official was quoted as saying.

The couple crossed a wooden bridge built over a small pond at the palace and walked under an arch of swords formed by 14 army officers before cutting the triple-decker cake with a silver sword. Afterwards, they shook hands with thousands of guests who had gathered in the Rose Garden at Amman's Zahran Palace to celebrate the wedding of the heir to the Hashemite throne and his second cousin.

At the palace, the royal couple were greeted by Abdullah, his wife - Queen Rania, and Hamzah's mother - Queen Noor. Virtually all members of the Jordanian royal family were present, including Prince Hassan - Hamzah's uncle and a former heir to the throne who was deposed in a sudden palace shake-up days before Hussein died five years ago.

As aforesaid, in the pictures from the May wedding dinner at the Palace in Aqaba, one can notice that Queen Noor, Prince Hamzah's mother was not by her son's side during the ceremony, contrary to Islamic tradition, in which the biological mother stands by her child's side throughout the ceremonies.

It is noteworthy to mention that there were two celebrations, a traditinal reception in Zahran and a wedding dinner the following night at the King's palace in the Red Sea town of Aqaba.

Throughout the entire dinner, Queen Noor, who currently resides in the United States, was reportedly seated quite distant from the young couple. It should be noted that Queen Noor left Jordan very shortly after the death of the late King Hussein - she has since spent most of her time in the United States returning to Jordan seldomly.

The guest list included Spain's Queen Sophia and royal newlyweds Crown Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia (who plan to spend part of their honeymoon on Jordan), Egyptian first lady Suzanne Mubarak, Farah Diba - widow of the deposed Shah of Iran who was toppled in the1979 Islamic revolution - and the Duke of York.

Royal representatives from Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Brunei, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain also came to celebrate the event.

A graduate of the UK's Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, Prince Hamzah is a captain in the Jordanian armed forces. Hamzah and Noor married in a private ceremony last August. Abdullah announced then that he would host state celebrations for his heir's marriage in May. There was no explanation for the nine-month delay.

Abdullah named Hamzah crown prince hours after their father died of cancer on February7 ,1999 . Hussein, who had 11 children from four marriages, had often described Hamzah in public as the "delight of my eye."

Hamzah, who resembles his father in looks and bearing a husky voice, is Hussein's son from his fourth marriage, to New York-born Lisa Halaby, who took the name Queen Noor when she converted to Islam upon her marriage to Hussein in1978 .

Abdullah is Hussein's eldest son. His mother is Englishwoman Antoinette Gardiner, who became known as Princess Muna, the late king's second wife.

As crown prince, Hamzah's duties include representing the king at events at home and abroad. He also oversees several national institutions including a prominent think tank. Hamzah's hobbies include flying helicopters, parachuting, scuba diving, fencing and practicing the Asian martial art known as Tae Kwon Do.

Like Abdullah and Hussein, Hamzah attended Britain's Royal Military Academy Sandhurs and now holds the rank of captain in the Jordanian army. He served with a joint Jordanian-United Arab Emirates' force in the former Yugoslavia under the umbrella of U.N. peacekeepers before he enrolled in his undergraduate studies in political science at a U.S. university. His bride is at the same university, which palace officials refuse to name for security reasons.

Another of Abdullah's half brothers, Prince Ali, announced his engagement earlier this year to CNN reporter Rym Brahimi, the daughter of the U.N. envoy to Iraq, Lakhdar Brahimi. They are to be married on September7 . The head of a special force in command of protecting the monarch, Ali is the son of the late King Hussein from his third marriage to Queen Alia. She died in a helicopter crash in1977 .

In the aftermath of the tragic death of King Hussein in1999 , it seems such events as royal weddings bring back some light to the palace and kingdom. Prince Hamzah's recent marriage, Prince Ali's upcoming wedding and Princess Haya's (Abdullah's half sister) wedding last month to Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum – should bring back a spark of joy and happiness to the Jordanian Royal family. (Albawaba.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a photo from Corbis of them cutting the cake. I don´t think I have seen it before.

Cutting the cake

P. Nour is very beautiful, P Hamzah has made a wonderful choice, she's smart, beautiful, even went to Harvard ( I think). And they are in love. :heart:

I wish them the best. I only hope their flame doesn't dead out to fast. :heart:

ABOUT THE WEDDING!!! I THINK THAT P.NOOR LOOKED STUNNING, BUT I'M SORRY I HATED THE WEDDING DRESS!!! I WAS DOWDY!!! P.NOOR MIGHT NOT HAVE QR'S GLAMOUR, BUT I THINK SHE'S MORE NATURAL LOOKING. IN THAT HER LOOKS ARE MORE DOWN TO EARTH.

WILL THE COUPLE BE BASED IN AMERICA OR JORDAN? I READ SOMEWHERE THAT P.NOOR WAS STUDYING AT AN EAST COAST AMERICAN UNIVERSITY, IS THIS TRUE?

I WISH THE COUPLE ALL THE BEST OF LUCK!!

TO VIEW MORE IMAGES YOU CAN DO TO WWW.WIREIMAGE.COM, MY COMPUTERS TOO SLOW TO ADD THOSE IMAGES ONTO THIS THREAD - SORRY!!!! THERE ARE SOME LOVELY PICTURES!!!

Here's some pictures that haven't been posted here before.
Looks like most of the links aren't working anyway.

Attachments

• HARUN_003 copy.jpg
    HARUN_003 copy.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 1,914
  • HARUN_004 copy.jpg
    HARUN_004 copy.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 418
  • HARUN_005 copy.jpg
    HARUN_005 copy.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 591
  • HARUN_006 copy.jpg
    HARUN_006 copy.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,607
  • HARUN_008 copy.jpg
    HARUN_008 copy.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 360
  • HARUN_009 copy.jpg
    HARUN_009 copy.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 370
  • HARUN_001 copy.jpg
    HARUN_001 copy.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,772
and some more...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 304
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 298
  • 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 1 copy.JPG
    1 copy.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 6,945
humera thanks for posting these pix,i wonder why she didnt have bridemaids or flower girls to help her whith her veil instead of a common soldier

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
humera thanks for posting these pix,i wonder why she didnt have bridemaids or flower girls to help her whith her veil instead of a common soldier
you're welcome
There's a lady in a sleeveless dress helping Noor with her dress..you can see her in the last two pics.

you're absoultly right,I didnt notice her

another question I've asked before was that why none of her sisters attended the wedding?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they did...they just weren't in many of the pictures.

Attachments

• DWF15-737767.jpg
    DWF15-737767.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 41,809
~*~Humera~*~ said:
you're welcome
There's a lady in a sleeveless dress helping Noor with her dress..you can see her in the last two pics.
she had her sister helping her with her dress

cut1me said:
she had her sister helping her with her dress
ah..thank you
She isnt in any of the pictures either. The pictures I've posted are of the tv footage.

I met the guy who filmed Hamzah's wedding a few months ago in Germany( from JTV),he told me they had orders to take certain shots of the couple...but he wudn't tell me more. But he felt so special as he's the one who got to film the whole wedding...lol ( he's still alive I didn't kill him if u guys were wondering...lmao)

Last edited:
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
they had orders to take certain shots of the couple...but he wudn't tell me more.
thats probably true,all the couple's pix were released by the palace

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
I met the guy who filmed Hamzah's wedding a few months ago in Germany( from JTV),he told me they had orders to take certain shots of the couple...but he wudn't tell me more. But he felt so special as he's the one who got to film the whole wedding...lol ( he's still alive I didn't kill him if u guys were wondering...lmao)
T-R-O-U-B-L-E, Are you a Jordanian citizen or a foreigner who lives in Jordan?

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
lol why are you askin? Umm im both...LOL

You said that you met the guy in Germany who filmed Hamzah's wedding . Can you tell his name and how could you meet him?

nilah said:
You said that you met the guy in Germany who filmed Hamzah's wedding . Can you tell his name and how could you meet him?
He's just a simple a cameraman 4 JTV(Jordan Television) and I met him (as he was a member of the JTV crew that accompanied the official deligation that was there that time and it happnend that I was a member of the deligation,Pure chance!). what do u want with his name?lol ...

Hamza and Noor.

Attachments

• pre-SEEGER00118012.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00118012.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,601
  • pre-SEEGER00118010.jpg
    pre-SEEGER00118010.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 332
  • CAZYDGP1.jpg
    CAZYDGP1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 335
  • CASPWMN7.jpg