Prince Hamzah of Jordan & Princess Noor: August 2003 & May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I honestly don't know. We'll have to see. I'm starting to wonder if it'll even be on television.

But this was supposed to be such a huge celebration...They've hired a big-shot wedding planner and everything. Doesn't it seem odd that no one cares? I mean, this is the crown prince of Jordan's wedding! Not just any prince.

So I guess we still don't know which royals are attending besides the Spanish royalty...as far as I can remember, it was only spanish royalty that attended abdullah & rania's wedding.....................of course, i'm sure SM and Haya will attend and perhaps moroccan royalty??

Originally posted by madonna23@May 25th, 2004 - 1:05 pm
But this was supposed to be such a huge celebration...They've hired a big-shot wedding planner and everything. Doesn't it seem odd that no one cares? I mean, this is the crown prince of Jordan's wedding! Not just any prince.
Maybe that is the reason, though. Lavish wedding planned by foreigners, not many locals invited, any publicity might only cause problems for QN's wing of the family in these circumstances. I don't think it's that the locals don't care as much as they probably just aren't informed about these lavish plans.

Not sure but I think ZDF (German channel) will air the wedding. And MBC (for anyone with Nilesat/Arabsat).

Originally posted by madonna23@May 25th, 2004 - 1:05 pm
I honestly don't know. We'll have to see. I'm starting to wonder if it'll even be on television.

Exactly. The thing is that he already got marrried in August and it was a small ceremony. I'm sure that as far as the Jordanians are concerned, he's already married.

We'll see what happens on Thursday.

So I guess we still don't know which royals are attending besides the Spanish royalty...as far as I can remember, it was only spanish royalty that attended abdullah & rania's wedding.....................of course, i'm sure SM and Haya will attend and perhaps moroccan royalty??

Well the crown prince of Brunei is there and he's attending the wedding. I'm thinking that most Arab heads of states will be there. Some European royalty will be there too.

anyone know what time the wedding starts?

I have several questions on this topic..
Does this groom .. have several wives and is she #1.. #2.. etc.. are there any pictures of this lady .. Humzah.. and .. P. Ranier.. any pictures of her wedding or dress.. and does she have any children and is she wife #1.. #2 etc.. ? She appears to arrogant lately .. what is up with her?

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@May 25th, 2004 - 8:39 pm
Does this groom .. have several wives and is she #1.. #2.. etc.. are there any pictures of this lady .. Humzah.. and .. P. Ranier.. any pictures of her wedding or dress.. and does she have any children and is she wife #1.. #2 etc.. ? She appears to arrogant lately .. what is up with her?
I can only help you with the picture part-- pictures of Princess Noor (Prince Hamzeh's wife)..

As far as any of us know this is Hamzah's first wife and hopefully his only one. He is only 22 after all!

Also, Princess Irene of Greece attended Abudullah and Rania's wedding with Queen Sofia of Spain.

Other royals attending Hamzah's wedding that I know of are
  • Crown Prince Haakon of Norway
  • Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and possibly the rest of the family
  • Crown Prince Naurito of Japan

Originally posted by sommone@May 25th, 2004 - 10:52 pm
I thought Hamzah was 24?
Yeah thats what I thought, Princess Noor is 22..atleast thats what Gettyimages says

Originally posted by Queen of Portugal@May 25th, 2004 - 8:39 pm
There are many pictures of Princess Noor, not as much as other royals though since she's often away for studies and hasn't made that many public appearances yet.
Prince Hamzah has never been married before, he's very young and still studying. As far as I know, none of the men in the Jordanian royal family have multiple wives.
And who are you referring to as 'P. Ranier?' I assume you meant Queen Rania. She's the Kings first and only wife and has three kids, a son, Prince Hussein, and two daughters, Princesses Iman and Salma.

Originally posted by r a i n@May 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm
Not sure but I think ZDF (German channel) will air the wedding. And MBC (for anyone with Nilesat/Arabsat).
hey,
i've just been on www.zdf.de and there is nothing mentioned concerning the wedding :(

Hello. Looking back through my JRF scrapbooks ( started before internets !) I see that P. Hassan's daughters' weddings were attended by Ex King Constantine, Q.Anne Marie of Greece and P.Alexia, and P. Irene, Q. Sofia, CP Felipe, P. Christina, P. Elena and her husband, CP. Alexander, Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg and many of that family, Empress Farah and CP. Reza, P. Benedikte and P. Alexandra, P. Margariet, Peter van Vollenhoven and sons, P. Edward and Sophie, P. and P. Takamado the Aga Khan and many Arab royals. But I think many of them were there as friends not because who they were as P. Hassan and his family have been at many private as well as more public occasions conected with these families before and after P. H. has been crown prince. There were many British, European and Indian aristocrats. And many of these families still come and holiday with P. Hassan and P.Sarvath. I noticed their younger daughter was one of the few non Dutch at the christening of Constantijn and Laurentien's daughter and the family were all at Edward and Sophie's wedding although no other members of the JRF. were invited and all those wedding anniversary and birthday parties that Q. Elizabeth gave some years ago. They were also the only non European royals at her Jubilee celebrations.

Originally posted by dalila+May 26th, 2004 - 3:16 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dalila @ May 26th, 2004 - 3:16 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-r a i n@May 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm
hey,
i've just been on www.zdf.de and there is nothing mentioned concerning the wedding :( [/b][/quote]
They did a FULL coverage of the other 2 royal weddingsso I assumed they would cover this one as well. What a pity if they don't cover this, but I would check on Thursday anyway.

Originally posted by r a i n+May 26th, 2004 - 5:25 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (r a i n @ May 26th, 2004 - 5:25 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by dalila@May 26th, 2004 - 3:16 am
<!--QuoteBegin-r a i n
@May 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm

hey,
i've just been on www.zdf.de and there is nothing mentioned concerning the wedding :(
They did a FULL coverage of the other 2 royal weddingsso I assumed they would cover this one as well. What a pity if they don't cover this, but I would check on Thursday anyway. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, i've seen both coverages of the last two weddings. But the European royals are more known in Europe and that's why there exists more interest in European royal weddings...i---guess..

Does anyone know when the wedding celebration is gonna start?

Originally posted by r a i n+May 26th, 2004 - 5:25 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (r a i n @ May 26th, 2004 - 5:25 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by dalila@May 26th, 2004 - 3:16 am
<!--QuoteBegin-r a i n
@May 25th, 2004 - 6:05 pm

hey,
They did a FULL coverage of the other 2 royal weddingsso I assumed they would cover this one as well. What a pity if they don't cover this, but I would check on Thursday anyway. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, i've seen both coverages of the last two weddings. But the European royals are more known in Europe and that's why there exists more interest in European royal weddings...i---guess..

Does anyone know when the wedding celebration is gonna start?

Several royals have headed to jordan today, to attend the wedding of prince hamzah and princess noor. Some of these royals are:
Queen Sofia of spain, her sister princess Irene who were recieved by Queen Noor, Prince Faisal and his wife Princess Alia
Empress Farah of Iran and Duke of York prince Andrew who were recieved by Prince Faisal and Princess Alia
Crown prince of Bahrain

I haven't received my invite yet ;)

I read that there will be 1000 guests. Are there more royals coming?

ANY ROYAL FROM MOROCCO ?!

I'm thinking at lease Getty's covering the wedding. Good stuff!! We'll get some nice pictures from them! :woot:

Back
Top Bottom