The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Gentry

Also to answer some previous questions he dropped out for a semester last year because of the war, he felt he had to be in Jordan supporting his brother and his country.

The reason it's never announced that PNour has arrived from the states with him etc, is because in the eyes of the public they are still only engaged, once they have the party then she will be official...

Old 01-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally posted by Laura76@Jan 6th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
In Islam, couples sign an agreement when they're engaged and they are considered "married". The ceremony later this year will be the official wedding.
I've never heard of an agreement being signed at the engagement. The only agreement is the Nikkah which means a couple is married. There are no elaborate vows or anything at Islamic weddings. So Noor and Hamzah are legaly married, they're just not living together. I've heard of many couples doing that, especially when the husband and wife are both studying. The wedding probably wasn't officially celebrated because it didn't suit the couple at the time. Thats my guess anyway.

Old 01-26-2004, 06:30 PM
Gentry

At the engagemnet they sign the nikkah, but they are still not considered married until they 'declare it in public ie. have the celebrations... some people wait 2 yrs after getting engaged to have their wedding party, or more, and for that time they are not considered married by the people.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally posted by alia_musallam@Jan 26th, 2004 - 5:30 pm
At the engagemnet they sign the nikkah, but they are still not considered married until they 'declare it in public ie. have the celebrations... some people wait 2 yrs after getting engaged to have their wedding party, or more, and for that time they are not considered married by the people.
Is this an arab thing?
Because I've never heard of this before.
In Pakistan the Nikkah is signed the day of the wedding. Nothing is signed on the day of the engagement party. Only rings are exchanged.
A lot of times the bride and groom do have a Nikkah before the actual public wedding ceremony but that is only in special circumstances. And even then a Nikkah is considered more than a mere engagement. But I do know that it doesnt mean a couple is fully married unless its done publicly/officially.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Commoner

Prince Hamzah of Jordan & Princess Noor: August 2003 & May 2004

When is Hamzeh's wedding? It should be coming up soon., no? I remember Prince Felipe said that he and Letizia will be stopping there after their wedding.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Nobility

It's on May the 27th.
I was actually going to start a thread for it so this is perfect!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Commoner

Thanks Banadoora. NINE DAYS TO GO!!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Do you guys think Princess Noor will wear a traditional Jordanian dress or will wear a white wedding dress like Rania did?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Commoner

I think she'll wear a regular white dress--that's usually the custom in Jordan (I think) that for the reception the bride wears the white dress and the engagement/religious she wears a traditional outfit.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

What will the dress code be like for the other guests? Suits and hats or formal gala and tiara wear?

So little is known about this wedding ...
Old 05-18-2004, 08:02 PM
Gentry

I thought they already got married.Or is that Jordanian custom to have two marriage ceremonies?
Old 05-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@May 18th, 2004 - 6:11 pm
Do you guys think Princess Noor will wear a traditional Jordanian dress or will wear a white wedding dress like Rania did?
I think she'll wear a dress like Rania's. I can't wait to see it!

Quote:
What will the dress code be like for the other guests? Suits and hats or formal gala and tiara wear?

So little is known about this wedding ...
It's true. We don't know anything about it really. I was looking through pictures of King Abdullah's wedding and no one wore any tiaras. I expect that there won't be any at Hamzah's wedding either.

Quote:
I thought they already got married.Or is that Jordanian custom to have two marriage ceremonies?
They did get married already. This is sort of like a reception. I doubt that there will be any religious ceremony involved.
Old 05-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Majesty

the crown princess of sweden will travel to Jordan for the wedding she will be there friday to Sunday she is close to Prince Ali so she will meet his wife there

The crown prince of Spain and Crown Prince of Norway will also be at the wedding
Old 05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Courtier

Are Jordanians excited for the wedding? I mean, for example in Spain right now there is a huge obsession with Crown Prince Felipe's upcoming wedding...Is it the same in Amman right now or is it hush-hush?
Old 05-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Nobility

lol i am not,u know this might sound shocking,but alot of the poeple at my school,don't know that there will be a wedding party...(I am serious&#33
Old 05-20-2004, 11:35 AM
bluetortuga

I don't hear much talk of P Hamzah's wedding. But then you don't hear much talk of anything concerning P. Hamzah. It's almost as if the Jordanian media or KA's inner circle wish he would just disappear.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:43 PM

u r right bluetortuge i live in jordan and i didnt hear about anything about this wedding nor p hamzah .i think its much more about KA...... :o :o
Old 05-20-2004, 12:46 PM

:flower:
Old 05-20-2004, 01:55 PM
Courtier

hmm...it seems odd no one is talking about it in Jordan since the wedding is supposed to be extremely lavish....

do you think hamzah & noor will have the parade thing where they ride in a car like rania & abdullah did?

also, why did abdullah get such a huge wedding when he was only a prince - as opposed to crown prince? i mean, prince faisal did not get such a lavish wedding...is it because abdullah was the first son?
Old 05-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by madonna23@May 20th, 2004 - 12:55 pm

also, why did abdullah get such a huge wedding when he was only a prince - as opposed to crown prince? i mean, prince faisal did not get such a lavish wedding...is it because abdullah was the first son?
It may have been because he was the king's oldest son.

Tags
jordan, prince hamzah, princess noor, wedding