Originally posted by madonna23@May 27th, 2004 - 7:31 pm
hassan did attend

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/05/27/...g.ap/index.html
Well, i followed the live broadcasting and he was not in the group photo either

Group pic
Old 05-27-2004, 08:47 PM
Nobility

I love, love, love PNoor.

But I thought the color of the dress was too stark. It was almost blue white. The whiteness of it was quite shocking. Most modern brides still wear white (as that is the tradition) but it's a muted almost eggshell white because it photographs better.

But I love, love, loved the whole thing.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:11 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally posted by samitude@May 27th, 2004 - 6:58 pm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/149/a22.jpg

To clear up the confusions I saw these particular guests in the receiving line live on the web.

The guests are Infana Cristina of Spain, Prince Andrew of Great Britain, and Prince Nikolaos of Greece. Cristina's husband, Inaki, did not attend.
Samitude is RIGHT..It is infanta Cristina
and here is a pic of the Spanish royalties

Spanish royal family in Amman

I got this link from a post in the Felipe and letizia forum in LTR
Old 05-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Royal Highness

HRH Princess Noor looks great. However, it was slightly disappointing for a Crown Princely wedding. Does the Princess look pregnant?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Courtier

not to me.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:41 PM
Humble

Letizia at the wedding: some pics

Courtesy to xicamaluca and other members of LTR

:flower:
Old 05-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Courtier

Didn't someone say the swedish royals were there? Any pictures, or has anyone seen them?
Old 05-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by sommone@May 27th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
Didn't someone say the swedish royals were there? Any pictures, or has anyone seen them?
They are coming on Friday.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism+May 27th, 2004 - 10:47 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 27th, 2004 - 10:47 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sommone@May 27th, 2004 - 10:46 pm
Didn&#39;t someone say the swedish royals were there?&nbsp; Any pictures, or has anyone seen them?
They are coming on Friday. [/b][/quote]
Thanks.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:25 PM
Royal Highness

I wish Hamzeh and his new wife much happiness. I highly doubt the new princess is pregnant--that would not be countenanced by the Jordanian royal family. Queen Noor looked absolutely radiant--and on that day she should have shined brightly--this is her son, not Rania&#39;s. This was a day that Rania should have just yielded a little bit to Noor out of personal respect. All know that Rania is the Queen and Noor is the Queen Dowager. Noor lost her husband and only has her children left, she deserves some happiness&#33;
Old 05-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Royal Highness

I just looked at some pictures of Letizia at the wedding--does she look too thin??

I do give Felipe and Letizia credit for attending this wedding not even a week after their own&#33;
Old 05-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@May 28th, 2004 - 7:42 am
I feel sad for Prince Ali being the bodyguard of his brother the king even in the wedding…He should have been the king as he is the only one from an Arabic Muslim mother, Queen Alia… It is said that Queen Noor was behind eliminating Ali from the throne line….God knows..
Why should having an arabic mother make Ali more eligible to be king than Abdullah or Hamzah?

Princess Muna & Queen Noor have given their lives to Jordan. Despite the divorce Princess Muna has continued to live and work in Jordan even once her children became adults. Queen Noor the same. She promotes Jordan to the western world and has tried to do so much for the arabic/muslim culture to counteract the damage done by Saddam Hussien & the Taliban.

From what I have heard about Ali he has been a playboy and obviously not mature enough to be considered as a future king.

I am of the opinion that Hamzah will never be king as Abdullah will, in the fullness of time, make his own son Crown Prince. I think Hamzah knows this and is comfortable with the eventual outcome. I think he is very like his father and wants only what is best for Jordan.
Old 05-28-2004, 12:48 AM

I don&#39;t know any of you, but would make Crown Prine of someone who cannot seem to finish at very least a 4 year degree.

I don&#39;t mean to be disrespectful but if I was KA and my kid brother Ali is as irresponsible as everyone claims he is I would think twice before putting him in charge of my cat or dog&#39;s security detail much less mine.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Eugenie@May 27th, 2004 - 11:48 pm
I don&#39;t know any of you, but would make Crown Prine of someone who cannot seem to finish at very least a 4 year degree.

I don&#39;t mean to be disrespectful but if I was KA and my kid brother Ali is as irresponsible as everyone claims he is I would think twice before putting him in charge of my cat or dog&#39;s security detail much less mine.
Prince Hamzah went to Sandhurst, a military academy, before he started University, and after he finished at Harrow. He took some time off when his father was sick. Also he&#39;s had to take some time away from school because of his duties as Crown Prince. Last year, with the war in Iraq, he had to leave school and go back to Jordan to show support to his brother. I&#39;d say he&#39;s doing a great job as crown prince.

I don&#39;t know much about the situation with Ali, but if he was given any duty by King Abdullah, then he&#39;s very much deserving of it.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:48 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Groom&#39;s uncle Prince Hassan & his wife were not there…Only one of his daughters +husband. I guess the uncle did not attend because of the stories instigated by Queen Noor and others from the Palace during the last days of king Hussein who, as a result of these stories, decided to take out his brother from the throne…
Actually i think all three of his daughters were there with there brother, their husbands and their children. And i&#39;m sure that if we didn&#39;t see pictures of him attending the event yesterday we will see him attending the one today.

I also think that those of you who have criticised the wedding were expecting something in a more european style with a bit more protocol, and it was never going to be like that, as our weddings are totally different.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 27th, 2004 - 10:30 pm

I do give Felipe and Letizia credit for attending this wedding not even a week after their own&#33;
I agree, specially since they didnt really have to accompany Queen Sofia and Cristina. What a contrast to Frederik and Mary of Denmark&#33; Although im sure they&#39;re entitled to a nice long honeymoon, but Felipe and Letizia still deserve credit for being so considerate. The Spanish and Jordanian royal families are pretty close I believe. I just heard on the news that Felipe and Letizia are planning to spend part of their honeymoon in Jordan.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~+May 28th, 2004 - 3:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (~*~Humera~*~ &#064; May 28th, 2004 - 3:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tiaraprin@May 27th, 2004 - 10:30 pm

I agree, specially since they didnt really have to accompany Queen Sofia and Cristina. What a contrast to Frederik and Mary of Denmark&#33; Although im sure they&#39;re entitled to a nice long honeymoon, but Felipe and Letizia still deserve credit for being so considerate. The Spanish and Jordanian royal families are pretty close I believe. I just heard on the news that Felipe and Letizia are planning to spend part of their honeymoon in Jordan. [/b][/quote]

I totally agree.

I&#39;ve posted this before in response to someone who blames Felipe and Letizia for Mary Donaldson that didn&#39;t attend the wedding in Spain, she said its too bad for Felipe and Letizia for not scheduling their wedding better.

here&#39;s the link http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/i...pic=6029&st=160

or please read below, i copied & pasted it

Quote:
(Rosmerta @ May 26th, 2004 - 12:26 am)
Crown Princess Mary should have been there. Too bad Felipe and Letty didn&#39;t schedule their wedding better.
Why are you blaming Felipe and Letizia for Mary that did not attend?

So would you also blame Hamzah and Noor for not scheduling their wedding better?

Its a choice actually. I admire Felipe and Letizia for making time to attend Fred&Mary&#39;s even though its a week before their wedding and for planning to attend Hamzah&Noor&#39;s a week after their wedding. They&#39;re a very considerate, professional and unselfish couple.

Why didn&#39;t Fred&Mary just relax for a week in beautiful places in Denmark or better yet do what Felipe & Letizia are doing now. IMO its selfish of them to fly right away to Tanzania- they don&#39;t care if they miss the Wedding of the Prince and Princess of Asturias that will happen only once. Why can&#39;t they postpone that honeymooning? They would have so many many more opportunities to be with themselves, a second honeymoon, a third, their several vacations in the future.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:42 AM
Commoner

Prince Hamza and Princess Noor congratulations

Tags
jordan, prince hamzah, princess noor, wedding