The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I think you are talking about Anita. For, Annette wasn't wearing a wallpapery pattern. Anita looked like she had feathers sticking out of her ear.
*Smack on the head* You're right. That is who I was referring to. I just wrote the wrong name. Thanks for correcting me.

Old 10-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Royal Highness

Thumbs down

I agree with you all in that Mabel's outfit was a BAD fashion statement. She looked so frumpy in it. If someone tried to tell me I looked good in that, I'd ask him/her what planet they just landed from! I was looking at the marriage pictures on royalportraits.nl and there was one of Maxima and it looks to me that the outfit we see is a coat because I can see a dress underneath when it is parted as she's walking. I still think the coat is too heavy for the occasion.

Old 10-21-2005, 04:09 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by misshelen
Selection from www.royalpress.nl

Are these Aimee's parents and brother and sister? Good looking brother!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:30 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

yes they are her parents and siblings
Old 10-21-2005, 04:54 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, I agree... Princess Aimée the new Jackie Kennedy! Aimée is bruenett, elegantly, classically Beauty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
She does look like our former First Lady with the little pill box hat. Very smart and classic in terms of the choice of outfit.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

Elegance and sweet Anita

I think Princess Aimée's only face like Jackie Kennedy
Old 10-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Gentry

Please Enough of the Jackie Kennedy comparisons. These woman cannot even hold a candle to Jackie.

Give it up, already...you're embarrassing yourselves as usual.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Serene Highness

Everything about the bride was stunning! I'm just dying to see the dress underneath her jacket!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena
Please Enough of the Jackie Kennedy comparisons. These woman cannot even hold a candle to Jackie.

I think the outfit did resemble outfits worn by the late First Lady, and making comparisons is not embarrassing, rather it's flattering to the bride.
I, personally, think the First Lady would have been flattered, not insulted, to be remembered for her style all of these years later, especially since style leaves alot to be desired these days.

Old 10-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
I think the outfit did resemble outfits worn by the late First Lady, and making comparisons is not embarrassing, rather it's flattering to the bride.
I, personally, think the First Lady would have been flattered, not insulted, to be remembered for her style all of these years later, especially since style leaves alot to be desired these days.
Amen! Couldn't agree with you more, Layla1971!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Layla,

do not think the bride really resembeled the jackie look even if I did make the comparison,
it lacked the clean simple lines of Halston and Valentino etc.

(thought Anita dressed terribly yesterday btw, like a coat cleaningladies wear only difference is that there were pieces of mink on it and Mabels colour of lipstick looked practicallly predatious)

Quote:
Old 10-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxie
I'm not sure I exactly understand what you mean, but this is how it goes: over here it's quite normal to have a civil wedding first and after that a church wedding. And more and more people are having only a civil wedding, I believe. I don't know much married people of my age and a bit older (between 25 and 30) who married for the church after being married in a civil ceremony.
So they're properly married after the civil wedding, and the church wedding is simply a religious occasion that doesn't affect their legal status, is that how it works?
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
So they're properly married after the civil wedding, and the church wedding is simply a religious occasion that doesn't affect their legal status, is that how it works?
Yes, I suppose so. But that's just how I (an unmarried girl ) always understood it...
Old 10-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
Layla,

do not think the bride really resembeled the jackie look even if I did make the comparison,
it lacked the clean simple lines of Halston and Valentino etc.

(thought Anita dressed terribly yesterday btw, like a coat cleaningladies wear only difference is that there were pieces of mink on it and Mabels colour of lipstick looked practicallly predatious)
Yes, I do agree that the lines weren't as good as Velentino, and also Herrera, but the idea was there.
And, obviously, there was a similarity because we are talking about it!:)

Old 10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Layla, your postings are very diplomatic :)

looking forward to tomorrow's outfits

Quote:
Yes, I do agree that the lines weren't as good as Velentino, and also Herrera, but the idea was there.
And, obviously, there was a similarity because we are talking about it!:)
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyS
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&stc=1&thumb=1

Are these Aimee's parents and brother and sister? Good looking brother!
I don't know who they are, but the woman in the green and white looks wonderful. The Dutch Princesses should take a hint on how to dress for such an an occasion from her. I love that hat!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I don't know who they are, but the woman in the green and white looks wonderful. The Dutch Princesses should take a hint on how to dress for such an an occasion from her. I love that hat!
It's a complete guess, but could they be Aimée's parents, her brother, and sister?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, I think Aimee's mother seems to look wonderful! Does anyone have a full length photo of her from yesterday -- I'd like to see the whole outfit but there don't seem to be any good pictures that I have found.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Yes, I think Aimee's mother seems to look wonderful! Does anyone have a full length photo of her from yesterday -- I'd like to see the whole outfit but there don't seem to be any good pictures that I have found.
It isn't full length, and you may have already seen it, but there is this picture.
It gives a more close-up look.
courtesy of Royal Press Europe

Old 10-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena

We were talking about her choice of an outfit and hair style being similar to Jackie's is all.

Tags
oranje-nassau, prince floris, princess aimee, van vollenhoven, wedding