The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
I think what is disturbing about Mabel (and sometimes Laurentien as I like a majority of her outfits) at least for me...is that she is an attractive woman with a great figure and half the stuff she wears (at least in my opinion) does not flatter her at all! Now the dress that she wore to the previous wedding (I can't remember whose) but the dress used to belong to Queen Beatrix was great! Mabel has a classic face and figure and I believe that simpler classic cuts would be extremely fantastic on her.

Just my opinion.
I think the more classic cuts, and styles would look good on Mabel, and Laurentien.
(And, BTW, Mabel wore Queen Beatrix's engagement dress to Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita's wedding.):)

Old 10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

You know, when I see Princess Margiet's sons all together it just struck me, that even though she and her husband, as nice as they may be, are average looking and all her sons are good looking men. The queens sons, on the other hand are another story... (in terms of looks, not charachter )

Old 10-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie
You know, when I see Princess Margiet's sons all together it just struck me, that even though she and her husband, as nice as they may be, are average looking and all her sons are good looking men. The queens sons, on the other hand are another story... (in terms of looks, not charachter )
That may be so, but I think they seem like nice men, and of good character, so looks are secondary to me in this case.:)

Old 10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

well, this is my opinion on the ladies.....

the bride: love her hair...though a bit too oversprayed. original colour combination (i still think it is too much of bright colours for a civil 1st time wedding, i would opt for classic white...but that seems to be the trend in holland...). i like the hat. just 1 bad remark, i think she is a bit too thin!

beatrix: true class. black and pink with a magnificent cut made her look as the queen she is!

maxima: it's hard for me to critize her, but i don't think her outfit is bad. nice colour, i love her loose hair. maybe it was a too thick material, but even marilene was wearing tweed ok....and the turtle neck...i think it does go well with loose hair it's just that her face is a bit full so a turtle neck accentuates that. but then she's got her smile....and THAT SMILE makes up for ANY fashion sin!!

laurentien: she looked like a queen considering what she wore at anita's civil wedding....so 'normal', yet so nice. nice colour, it suits her. i think she's pregnant though...

mabel:too bad print...too loose jacket without a cut...she looked 5 montrhs pregnant with that thing on...too bad, she's a lovely lady. (ps: friso, how on earth you let her get out of home with THAT thing on?!)

margariet: sexy mummy...shall i say something else?? and very elegant too!

marilene: in my opinion the most elegant of the younger ladies. that violet hair was lovely...i couldn't find anything to critisize!! just a bravo! :)

annette: not a bad outfit...not d best but i can let it pass...i just don't like those black tights, they make her look as if she were wearing boots, which make the whole look a bit unflattering. no comment on bernard junior!!...too bad!

anita:i have a soft spot for that lady (actually for the couple)...i think it's her face don't know. for me she looked wonderful...much better then on HER civil wedding. too bad i got only 1 pic with the upper half...but i guess taht's the only everybody saw as well. i'm not sure about the print though....

irene:extreemly elegant lady, as always, nothing more to say

carolina:hmmm....not very familliar with the lady's style....not a bad coat, maybe too much patterns, but nice overall look....and extreeme resemblance with her mum
Old 10-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Can anyone tell me about Aimee's family... what does Aimee do for a living? how old is she, her sister and brother and what do her parents do? Someone wrote, I think on the GREMB, that her mother could have performed the wedding ceremony -- is she a lawyer? What about her father? How long have she and Floris been dating? I also read that Anita was PC's "long time partner" -- how long had they been together before their wedding?
Old 10-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokklav
i still think it is too much of bright colours for a civil 1st time wedding, i would opt for classic white...
Normally we don't do white dresses at a civil wedding here in Holland if there will also be a church wedding after that. At least in my family. :) I know a great deal of couples who only had a civil wedding and then most of them were dressed in white.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

I forgot -- two other questions -- what hand do people in the Netherlands wear their wedding and engagement rings on? And also, why will the two families gather at Naarden City Hall on Saturday before they go to the church for the religious ceremony? Thanks to all who can help me with these questions!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Can anyone tell me about Aimee's family... what does Aimee do for a living? how old is she, her sister and brother and what do her parents do? Someone wrote, I think on the GREMB, that her mother could have performed the wedding ceremony -- is she a lawyer? What about her father? How long have she and Floris been dating? I also read that Anita was PC's "long time partner" -- how long had they been together before their wedding?
Courtesy of Alexandria:

I can't answer all of your questions, but Aimée was born as Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen on 18 October 1977 in Amsterdam, and is the eldest daughter of Mr J.H.M. Söhngen, and Mrs E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. She has a younger brother Hans, and a sister Magali, and was raised in Bussum, and Naarden. In 1996 she received her gymnasium diploma at the Willem de Zwijger College in Bussum. She graduated at the University of Leiden in 2002 in business law. After her study she started working for Fortis Bank as management trainee. In the meantime she is projectmanager at Fortis Bank.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

just 1 bad remark, i think she is a bit too thin!

I'm glad you noticed that too. at a certain point the thinness goes from beautiful to scary.

Aimee is definitely still on the beatiful end. but I hope she doesn't loose anymore weight. (-> 'heroin chic' in the dutch royal family )
Old 10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

What a lovely bride! Her outfit is so utterly feminine. I love the colours she wore, and the cut of the jacket. And as it has been mentioned so many times before the pillbox hat and the hairstyle is so reminiscent of Jackie Kennedy.
Maybe its just me but she also reminds me, very slightly, of Princess Letizia. Perhaps its the hair or something about her features (the eyes?), looking at her from afar and her profile, there's a sort of resemblance there.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know who designed her outfit?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
Does anyone know who designed her outfit?
Somewhere on this topic I found Aimée's outfit is designed by a woman called Lidy de Joode. Can't find anything on her, though...
Old 10-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
What a lovely bride! Her outfit is so utterly feminine. I love the colours she wore, and the cut of the jacket. And as it has been mentioned so many times before the pillbox hat and the hairstyle is so reminiscent of Jackie Kennedy.

I love the colors she wore as well, and I couldn't agree more, she does remind me of Jackie Kennedy. Very classic, and very elegant. (IMO)

The only outfit I really don't care for is Maxima's...I really like Marilenes lavender hat and the velvet tie in the front looks wonderful.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures without watermarks:) Source AFP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	za.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	204508   Click image for larger version

Name:	zb.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	204509   Click image for larger version

Name:	zc.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	204510  
Old 10-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Courtesy of Alexandria:

I can't answer all of your questions, but Aimée was born as Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen on 18 October 1977 in Amsterdam, and is the eldest daughter of Mr J.H.M. Söhngen, and Mrs E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. She has a younger brother Hans, and a sister Magali, and was raised in Bussum, and Naarden. In 1996 she received her gymnasium diploma at the Willem de Zwijger College in Bussum. She graduated at the University of Leiden in 2002 in business law. After her study she started working for Fortis Bank as management trainee. In the meantime she is projectmanager at Fortis Bank.
Aimée has a new job since september first 2005. She's working at the marketing communication department from PON carmobile in Amersfoort.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

Cool

Thank you for the lovely pictures. What a beautiful and charming bride. I thought all of the women's ensembles were great. Maxima looked good except the material looked too heavy for a wedding outfit the rest of the women's outfits were of lighter material it looks like. I loved the hat.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Serene Highness

Selection from www.royalpress.nl
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ccIMG_0596.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	204544   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccIMG_0721.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	204545   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccIMG_0711.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	204546   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccIMG_0774.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	204547  

Name:	ccIMG_0612.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	204548   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccIMG_0623.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	204549   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccIMG_0662.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	204550   Click image for larger version

Name:	ccIMG_0734.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	204551  

Name:	ccIMG_0568.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	204552  
Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Maybe its just me but she also reminds me, very slightly, of Princess Letizia. Perhaps its the hair or something about her features (the eyes?), looking at her from afar and her profile, there's a sort of resemblance there.
It's not just you, I also saw some of the pictures, and I had to look twice. I think it is how she has her hair...
Old 10-20-2005, 05:06 PM
Nobility

wedding attire

I actually liked maximas outfit I didn't like the brides outfit. The colors looked like they didn't go and the jacket and dress patterns looked odd to me.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Thanks for the pictures! Aimee's mother looks lovely, but her sister should shose another hat, this one makes her look a bit fat (like Maxima's hat does to her face) which, judging from her figure, she is not.

Best dressed woman for me again: Princess Margriet (it seems she just looks better & better), followed by her daughter-in-law Marilene and the queen.

Although I liked Aimee's outfit and hairstyle o the pictures, on television she seemed a combination of Jackie O and Bree Vandecamp (the hairspray), but still she looks lovely.

Laurentien looked well for a change, I hope she keeps up the good work (she looked well a few days ago in Brussels as well).

Does anybody know if Prince Alexander of Isenburg was there as well? Is there already a guestlist of the religiouswedding in which he is included? Princess Marie-Caroline (Irene's daughter) was, according to RTL-Boulevard, glowing and the prince might be the reason of it (she lost some weight as well, hasn't she?)

BTW where were Margarita, the Duke of Parma, Christina, Bernardo, Nicholas and Juliana jr? I hope they will all attend the religious wedding.

Tags
oranje-nassau, prince floris, princess aimee, van vollenhoven, wedding