Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

Here some pictures of the ceremony:

http://www.refdag.nl/website/fotoserie.php?id=200

Old 10-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Are there any pics of the Prince and Princess of Jordan with their daughter and son-in-law?

Old 10-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla1971
Thanks for telling us BeatrixFan, maybe the fact she is only 'her highness', is because she isn't part of the royal house?
No, all the van Vollenhoven Princes are styled His Highness, and therefore their wives are styled Her Highness. This has nothing to do with membership of the Royal House, but is the result of a Royal Decree of 1967 which stipulated the style and titles of the children of Princess Margriet.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
No, all the van Vollenhoven Princes are styled His Highness, and therefore their wives are styled Her Highness. This has nothing to do with membership of the Royal House, but is the result of a Royal Decree of 1967 which stipulated the style and titles of the children of Princess Margriet.
But, doesn't the fact that Prince Floris isn't a member of the Royal House, have any bearing on his title? And, that of his wife?

Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
But, doesn't the fact that Prince Floris isn't a member of the Royal House, have any bearing on his title? And, that of his wife?
No. He was a Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Highness, before the wedding, and exactly the same after.

The only change was with Prince Johan Friso. Before his marriage to Mabel he was a Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, Royal Highness. Because he married without the permission of the Government he ceased to be a member of the Royal House and dropped the Prince of the Netherlands title. He remains a Prince of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness. (HRH because he is the son of the Queen.)
Old 10-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No. He was a Prince of Orange-Nassau, van Vollenhoven, Highness, before the wedding, and exactly the same after.

The only change was with Prince Johan Friso. Before his marriage to Mabel he was a Prince of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg, Royal Highness. Because he married without the permission of the Government he ceased to be a member of the Royal House and dropped the Prince of the Netherlands title. He remains a Prince of Orange-Nassau, Royal Highness. (HRH because he is the son of the Queen.)
So the title of Prince of Orange-Nassau is for the members of the family, and that of Prince of the Netherlands is for the members of the house (those who have married with permission)?

Old 10-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Photos from DPA:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	204897   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	204898   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	756
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	204899   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	726
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	204900  

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	483
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	204901   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	204902   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	204903   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	204904  

Name:	10.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	204905   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	204906  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Although these were already posted, DPA has these bigger versions, so I will post them here and delete the RoyalImages' versions, posted by Squidgy.

From DPA
(without watermark, especially for Danielle :p ):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15.JPG
Views:	624
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	204907   Click image for larger version

Name:	16.JPG
Views:	707
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	204908   Click image for larger version

Name:	17.JPG
Views:	1007
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	204909  
Old 10-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

dress comments

aimee:simplicity is the key. lovely dress and look...well done girl!
for me she comes third after anita and maxima in the bridal dresses list of the 7 dutch princesses. one note on the flower girls: their dresses were too tight...i preferred much more anita's flower girl dresses!

margriet:truly stunning once more. elegance, freshness and happiness, that's the message she gave me

aimee's mum: i prefer margriet's outfit, but definitely not a bad one. i don't like the checked material however

marilene: funny is the word with those 2 pom poms. i don't like the material, hat and long coat. oh how i loved last thusday's outift. a no-no!!

annette: one of the best dressed! lovely colour, lovely shoes and bag, lovely hair and lovely face! :) and nicely dressed husband this time!

anita: to me she's like maxima, she can wear anything (yes, even her civil wedding suit!!) and she still looks lovely. one of the most elegant! lovely complete look (including husband!)

beatrix: nothing comapred to last thurs, but nice colour. i didn't like the jacket's cut however. i don't like the print as well

maxima: she is maxima, so she can wear ANYTHING...but lovely...especially the pattern under her neck. not sure about the hat however, i love those gigantic hats she wears so i kind of missed it today

laurentien: lovely colour, outfit and HAT! you go girl...she's got a lovely fashion sense, when she doesn't overdo it. positive outfits on both occasions, especailly today! (i still think she's pregnant)

mabel: better than thurs, but:
i don't like the hat
horrible lipstick
why on earth does she wear always dark coloured clothes?? (ps: maxima, pls advice her on the beauty of a colourful world!!) she looks sooo gothic!

irene: oh pls...put on last thursday's outfit again, for god's sake! and that hat made her look SO OLD!

carolina:lovely! especailly the colour!

margarita: i only saw one pic of here which seemed ok, but cannot comment much!

christina: what was that skirt???? not bad on the whole

juliana: contrarily to anita's wedding i didn't like her outfit much this time. that coat wasn't very pretty
Old 10-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
So the title of Prince of Orange-Nassau is for the members of the family, and that of Prince of the Netherlands is for the members of the house (those who have married with permission)?
No. The title of Prince or Princess of The Netherlands is restricted to the sons and daughters of the Monarch. (Irene lost hers when she married Prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma, and I'm not sure about Princess Christina). Maxima was created a Princess of the Netherlands in her own right, and her two daughters are also Princesses of The Netherlands because they are children of the Crown Prince.

The four sons of Princess Margriet are not Princes of The Netherlands because they are not children of the Monarch.

They are all Princes and Princesses of Orange-Nassau because they are members of the Orange-Nassau family. The Queen's sons and spouses are Royal Highnesses, Margriet's sons and spouses are Highnesses. The Crown Prince's children are Royal Highnesses, but the children of Johan Friso and Constantijn are Counts and Countesses of Orange-Nassau (a deliberate act to limit the number of Princes and Princesses).
Old 10-22-2005, 01:37 PM
Courtier

A nice wedding. The bride was pretty. The outfits worn by the Royal Women were not to my liking.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Talking

I know that the pictures download to the site are wonderful. I've been looking at them all morning Amiee's gown was beautiful in it simplicity but I found Prince Floris's red tie a distraction

It's been probably asked and answered already but it's exhausting to read through all 14 pages of this thread:p so I'll just ask again - what title does Aimee get upon her marriage to Prince Floris? None of the sites I looked at addressed her as Princess (at least not yet ).

I agree, Alexandra, I was trying to get a really good look at the tiara Aimee was wearing but it seemed to be all tied up in her bridal veil

Photo courtsey of AAP Image
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No. The title of Prince or Princess of The Netherlands is restricted to the sons and daughters of the Monarch. (Irene lost hers when she married Prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma, and I'm not sure about Princess Christina). Maxima was created a Princess of the Netherlands in her own right, and her two daughters are also Princesses of The Netherlands because they are children of the Crown Prince.

The four sons of Princess Margriet are not Princes of The Netherlands because they are not children of the Monarch.

They are all Princes and Princesses of Orange-Nassau because they are members of the Orange-Nassau family. The Queen's sons and spouses are Royal Highnesses, Margriet's sons and spouses are Highnesses. The Crown Prince's children are Royal Highnesses, but the children of Johan Friso and Constantijn are Counts and Countesses of Orange-Nassau (a deliberate act to limit the number of Princes and Princesses).
Thanks Warren, I understand now.:) :)

Old 10-22-2005, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

I just loved the wedding dress, especially the veil and how perfect Aimée had her hair and tiara done together with it. The train was also lovely. The dress was wonderful, a simple and classic ensemble which suited her fantastically and brought forward her wonderful classic but modern features and style.

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful pictures, what a great day!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrant
It's been probably asked and answered already but it's exhausting to read through all 14 pages of this thread:p so I'll just ask again - what title does Aimee get upon her marriage to Prince Floris? None of the sites I looked at addressed her as Princess (at least not yet ).
According to the info I've been given she is now:
Her Highness Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
According to the info I've been given she is now:
Her Highness Princess Aimée of Orange-Nassau.
Thank you!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Courtier

Smile

Great pixes ropura! I was relieved to see that Princess Laurentien was not wearing a radar for a hat at the wedding ceremony I thought Princess Maxima looked great but I wish she had worn something with more color. She looks great in pinks and tans. I found her outfit to be somewhat sedated but pretty nonetheless.

Anyone found full length photos of the wedding guests? I would like to see the rest of Laurentien's outfit:p
Old 10-22-2005, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

Royal Carriage

Royal Carriage

Old 10-22-2005, 02:18 PM
Courtier

Laurentien: Ick

Maxima: Should have worn something that looks different from what she wore just the other day.

Beatrix: Like the cut but not the color.

Margriet: Perfect (again)

Mabel:GROSS. She should be stopped from going in public in those outfits- Laurentien too.:p

Juliana: Very pretty but a boring color

Irene and Cristina: Eh. Nothing too bad or great either.

Anita: Such a pretty lady - she just needs a fashion advisor. I liked her hat though.

Aimee: WAY TOO BORING. It would have been a much better dress if the neckline were different.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Seegerpress has many, many pictures of today's wedding. I will post them by groupings.

The first group: The darling little attendants -- Isabella who seemed to have fallen as she went into the church. :(

Source: Seegerpress

Links for those who can't see ImageShack images:
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/73/nl001493928xt.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/5...01493912uq.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/9...01493909fl.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3...01493896pr.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2...01493886da.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4...01493873re.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3...01493860dk.jpg
http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4...01493420we.jpg

Tags
oranje-nassau, prince floris, princess aimee, van vollenhoven, wedding