Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher: September 17 and 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, the man is not Mr. Saab. The man in question can be an employee working for the fashion house.

Rania of Jordan wore Elie Saab for her wedding day. But it was awful.
Elie Saab has a formula that works incredibly well and most women feel and look great in his dresses (which is the most important) but it's hardly innovative designing and like I said, all his dresses are similiar.

It's untrue, because Queen Rania wore dress designed by Bruce Oldfield.

Maybe it's just me, but whatever the heck that is Beatrice is wearing on her head is very bizarre. I'll take a hat like Stephanie's any day of the week.

Let me add that I thought the bride looked absolutely fabulous - classy, sleeves on the dress - yay!!! - she was gorgeous

Last edited:
Felix and Claire exchanged their vows in the same charming way Guillaume and Stephanie did-by asking one another to be husband and wife-and also used the same Recessional music Gui and Stephanie did!:p

Bridesmaids have to wear whatever the bride wants them to wear.

Gabriel and Noah looked perfect in their little outfits!

Beatrice looks like a science experiment.

:)Frelinghighness.
I agree with you 100%. It seems as though some people were expecting Princess Claire to appear in tackless shoulderless wedding dress. Claire is tall and she wore the dress well.

:flowers:Thirty years from now she would look at that dress and smile and declare that the style is great.

Do you mean a strapless wedding dress? I have been on several message boards and not one poster is regretting that Claire did not wear a strapless dress.

Most everyone agrees that she looked smashing, but like me, many people feel disappointed that she chose to wear a lace Elie Saab wedding gown, just like her new sister-in-law did less than a year ago.

As beautiful as Claire was today it felt anti-climactic, like I'd seen it before.

I was pumped up expecting her to wear something completely different.

Last edited:
I smiled at the triumphant-looking raising of their joined hands as they leave the church :)

They seem deeply in love, not to mention stunning to look at. Another beautiful, happy couple for the Grand Ducal family of Luxembourg!

A report/ video here;

Blauw Bloed: za 21 sep 2013, 19:30 - Uitzending Gemist

from 22:00-28:00 and 32:30 till the end.

It seems that they adapted Coldplay's paradise for the choir.
thank you for posting the video. I didn't think we'd get anything inside the church. The music was very lovely and so interesting weaving in 3 languages. I also was charmed by them "asking" each other to be their husband/wife. A lovely couple, lovely families.:flowers:

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, chose a brightly coloured outfit by Armani for the occasion. Crown Princess Stéphanie was dressed in a pale mint Stéphanie Le Grelle ensemble and Princess Tessy opted for Calvin Klein.
The mother of the bride, Gabriele Lademacher, who arrived together with Grand Duke Henri, wore Dior.
Princess Alexandra, together with the other bridesmaids, wore a floor-length cornflower blue dress with lace detail by Tadashi Shoji.
Wort.lu - The dress guide to the royal wedding

Armani, Calvin Klein och Dior – vem bar vad Åsas kungliga Europa
Translation

Honestly the Luxemburg Royal Family is very lucky to get these three lovely ladies... and very likeable too !

And Grand Duchess' hand rested on her husband's hand, while they sat in the church; how lovely!
And Claire's father embraced Prince Felix while giving his daughter!

The wedding dress is very beautiful and romantic. What bothers me I guess was the veil. It would have been better if it was a simple plain veil since the gown is already very detailed. Comparing it with Stephanie's wedding look, I noticed her veil was simple with embroidery showing only at the back. I also think it was placed strategically to cover the back of the dress thus letting us see Stephanie's whole face and also gives the emphasis on the beauty of the dress. For Claire, the placement of the veil covers her face making the whole look very heavy (for me at least). Add to the fact that the veil is already heavily embroidered compared to Stephanie's.

What a lovely wedding, despite the lady guests' disappointing fashion choices.
Very light, very happy mood! Agree with some who said they didn't expect CLaire to wear something lacy and delicate--would have wanted her in something more modern like Armani Prive or something along those lines. But no bother, they'll look back at the photos and see a lovely bride and a besotted couple.

Beatrice actually looked smashing, it's just that wish she could have worn something more traditional for a traditional event. That face brings it though! She and Pierre are such a good-looking pair!:flowers:

Honestly the Luxemburg Royal Family is very lucky to get these three lovely ladies... and very likeable too !

They are fortunate indeed. I bet MT and Henri are pleased and proud of their sons-I would be! ;)

No words enough to describe this beautiful couple....The bride is simply wonderful. Love the delicate dress so much. Her face is perfect and the tiara is the perfect "brooch" of her look. Simply perfect.

Loved the video! So much love in one building! A lovely moment was when Claire arrived and met her nephews outside the Basillica and rested her hand on Gabriel's head.

I saw that, but I think it was the "Kiss of Peace" in the Roman Catholic Mass that precedes the Consecration of the Host.

There is no "you may kiss the bride" in a Catholic Nuptial Mass.

I know that Mexican actor Eduardo Verástegui attended the wedding. He is a great friend of Prince Felix.

Anyone have photos of him ??

I am trying to find some info about the floral tiara Princess Claire was wearing yesterday, anybody who can help me ?

Wow, the dress is breathtaking! I think this will be my favotite wedding dress from all the royals! love it even the heavy veil! anyone knows who is the designer????? thetiara I am not si sure I like it! but that dress the embroidery is stunning and she looks beautiful!!!!!

Wow, the dress is breathtaking! I think this will be my favotite wedding dress from all the royals! love it even the heavy veil! anyone knows who is the designer????? thetiara I am not si sure I like it! but that dress the embroidery is stunning and she looks beautiful!!!!!

The designer is Elie Saab:)

Back
Top Bottom