Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher: September 17 and 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, beautiful dress and veil .... but not for Claire. It's a very romantic dress but for her a little too girlie. It doesn't match with what she radiates. Just my opinion though.

Anyways, I hope they are lucky.

She looks stunning, and I didn't expect less. But except for the color, it looks like she is wearing almost a replica of her sis-in-law Stephanie's bridal gown from last October.:ohmy:

Claire's is pure white and Stephanie's was oyster colored.

Nice that they again invited the ex wife of prince Jean. The former Grand Duke didn't attend btw? I didn t see a picture of him although he may have entered the church through a different door.

I agree with you about Claire. But the dress itself was beautiful, and she looked better in it than Stephanie in hers.

I could not disagree with you more. Stephanie's gown was a masterpiece, very dramatic with the long train and veil. I am shocked that Claire basically chose the same designer and wore the same dress, beautiful as it is.:eek:

I would not be telling the truth if I said I wasn't a little disappointed in Claire.:sad:

Nice that they again invited the ex wife of prince Jean. The former Grand Duke didn't attend btw? I didn t see a picture of him although he may have entered the church through a different door.
I couldn't see Grand Duke Jean either. I hope that he was able to be there.

Nice wedding dress, but ... I expected something else. This dress reminds me a wedding dress of HGD Stephanie. I think the dresses are similar.
I do not like the color of Clarie's lipstick - it's too strong. I know that women with dark hair in such colors of lipstick looks nice, but on the wedding day would be more appropriate to choose brighter color ( but it's my opinion ;))

The Bride slouch too much :/ Maybe this dress is too heavy?

On this minute ;) -->
The most awful dressed - Archeduess Marie Christine ( i know that she is pregnant but this dress "adds" her ages!)
The best dressed - Beatrice ( girlfriend of Pierre Casiraghi), Princess Tessy.

It is a different colour; the neckline is different; the lace is different and (so far) there are no crystals on the dress.

Don't know why choosing the same designer upsets anyone - for the Royal House of Luxembourg it's the "go-to" designer. Just be thankful it wasn't Natan!

She looks beautiful and they both look incredibly happy. That's the important bit.

What a breathtaking bride in a fabulous gown. She looks every inch a princess! I also loved MT's outfit -- she looked fabulous. Sadly, I'm quite disappointed in Stephanie's outfit and that hat!

I think Beatrice Borromeo's pantsuit is way too casual for a Basilica wedding, but she and Pierre are beyond stunning as a couple! Fingers crossed that they will be the next big wedding.;)

Alexandra's dress does not flatter her figure.:ermm:

Stephanie's dress is pretty, the hat needs to GO.

Claire can't look anything BUT beautiful, but I am shocked that she basically chose to wear the same dress as Stephanie with a few minor changes(color, length of train and veil). It looks like it even has autumn leaves in the embroidery, like Stephanie's.:bang:

I feel a little let down.

Last edited:
Who were the bridesmaids? I saw just a couple of pictures of two ladies in blue, and the two young girls with Gabriel and Noah.

There were two little girls in white dresses wearing lovely floral wreaths, I saw them directly behind the bride.

Most beautiful wedding dress ever! I am so surprised to read the comments about the dress, comparing it to Stephanie's!! It is vaguely similar, to suggest the same designer. But stops there. Mainly, Stephanie's had a very heavy embroidery to be almost not see through, 3/4 length sleeves, differe and a bell shaped very full skirt with added train from the emphasized waist. This gorgeous dress is so much lighter, with very visible medieval scrolling motifs, long sleeves which come to "nothing" at the wrists emphasizing lightness of the dress. There is no set in waist, and a very straight,columnar look, not full skirt, deep v back, which gave it a terribly elegant, and not girlie look at all!
The lent tiara and earrings were perfect, tiara and veil placed perfectly
The twin flower girls with their lovely simple dresses with adorable ruffle sleeves, cute (Irish) twin page boys completed the look. What a lucky bride.

Last edited:
With a few exceptions-which you named-it looks way too similar to what we saw in Luxembourg last October to make any real impact. When Claire announced her engagement last December all the buzz from the GD Ducal wedding was still around and Elie Saab's success with Stephanie's gown was still on every fashion blog. I suspect that influenced Claire, and I am disappointed because as beautiful as she and the dress are, I am surprised she would do something so similar so soon.

I am much, much more impressed by her civil ceremony dress...perfection.

These photos may have been posted before, but just in case. (Click on the image and you will see the whole series on the religious wedding).

PPE Agency

For the record, I see no resemblance between Stephanie's and Claire's wedding dresses, except that they were made by the same designer and therefore share a certain style. They are really quite different in color, waistline, type of lace & embroidery. I think that Claire looked beautiful in her dress, and the tiara was an excellent choice as well.

I agree - you just beat me to the post! DoC version was in teal - more green than blue, I think.

I have never seen such a wide range of "styles" at a royal wedding - trouser suit; evening dress; dress and jacket; day dresses; jacket and trousers (with appalling purple hat!).

Only the bride got it right IMO.

I agree about the dress code...what a hodge podge and nobody really stands out-not in a GOOD way at least.:cool:

I was expecting something much, much different for this wedding.:sad:

I don't see that much similarity between the two dress except for some signature elements. Stephanie look beautiful and Claire looked beautiful. I really like this lightness provided by that layer of nude tulle under the lace and embroidery. It gives a further ethereal air to the overall medieval feeling of the bride. I thought both gowns were stunning.

I don't see where the can be a comparison other than the long-sleeved lace top. They are very different brides and different dresses IMO.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/66/7v53.jpg

Last edited:
They both looked stunning, no doubt about that part. I like Claire's veil and tiara placement better than Stephanie's.

I did not like Stephanie's dress. The style looks like an old-lady housecoat. the color is beautiful, her accessories were perfect. The hat is just too much for my taste. But, she looked pretty.

The bride seems to be the only one standing out on her big day but disappointing that none of the guests are dressed well.

Claire looked beautiful today. That is one lovely dress. I would love to see closer pictures of the embellishments/lace on it.

PLEASE, don't let there be a trend to wear a single feather superglued around your head: http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/18...3v3kqn3ZxZIRjxleYtfLYyoAAtxNTIIEmoQ+9EGzXEA==

I do love how in love Stephanie and Guillaume look together - they simply radiate how much they love to be with one another.

On the other hand, I hope he tells her she cannot wear the naughty french maid outfit again.

Finally, in this pic http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/18...QhHsaLOCGJZJGmkCyHTnfwrOWxRsB7F0aqMhOH1JtEg==, Claire's lace looks more like burn-out velvet than lace?

She makes a beautiful bride!

Gorgeous wedding dress! Claire wears that tiara beautifully. And she and Felix look so in love. And such a romantic setting for a wedding! Thanks for the links to pictures everyone.

Who was the gentlemen who walked in with Princess Alexandra?

I did not like Stephanie's dress. The style looks like an old-lady housecoat. the color is beautiful, her accessories were perfect. The hat is just too much for my taste. But, she looked pretty.

Stephanie does not have good fashion sense and barring some late-blooming miracle this will not change. The dress is pretty but it is too lacy and does not fit well and the hat is a nightmare, imo.:eek:

Stephanie's saving grace is that she is apparently a lovely, radiant young woman in person. I know of someone who recently saw her and said she oozes kindness and that she and Guillaume are evidently deeply in love. Fine, that's all that counts really...and I will get my "style fix" from other Royal princesses.:cool:

Claire looked beautiful! Great dress!

Back
Top Bottom