Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher: September 17 and 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonmaiden 23,

The definition of a shoulderless dress and a strapless dress is define depending on the era one was raised.

A Shoulderless dress means that the bodice from the bust up is omitted.(including the upper part of the back of the bodice).

While a Strapless dress; a narrow strip of material (shoulder strap) worn over the shoulder can hold/support the back and front of a dress/frock together.

The Designer's Tailoring and Sewing Encyclopaedia can explain this for us.

I wish others can add their opinion on this subject.

Fashion wise, this was one of the worst Royal weddings ever, imo. It was a sartorial hodge podge with some of the guests looking as if they were going to lunch at the Plaza in NYC...and others as if they were headed for a yacht party.

The only true standouts were the bride and her attendants, but even the bride did not truly blow me away.

I got all hyped up for this wedding and I wish I hadn't.:sad:

Moonmaiden 23,

The definition of a shoulderless dress and a strapless dress is define depending on the era one was raised.

A Shoulderless dress means that the bodice from the bust up is omitted.(including the upper part of the back of the bodice).

While a Strapless dress; a narrow strip of material (shoulder strap) worn over the shoulder can hold/support the back and front of a dress/frock together.

The Designer's Tailoring and Sewing Encyclopaedia can explain this for us.

I wish others can add their opinion on this subject.

I refer to a shoulderless dress as "off-the-shoulder", like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore. And her sister Madeleine.
Strapless doesn't have any straps or shoulder coverage at all, look at any general Hollywood star.

Fashion wise, this was one of the worst Royal weddings ever, imo. It was a sartorial hodge podge with some of the guests looking as if they were going to lunch at the Plaza in NYC...and others as if they were headed for a yacht party.

The only true standouts were the bride and her attendants, but even the bride did not truly blow me away.

I got all hyped up for this wedding and I wish I hadn't.:sad:

If I may advise you, Moonmaiden23, for the next royal wedding (whoever it may be): just wait and see what will happen.
I think we've had our triumph last year, at least I did. Guillaume and Stéphanie are still no. 1 on my list.

But I think I understand where you came from - Félix is Guillaume's brother so there was a certain expectation. Especially since last year's wedding was so anything us as viewers can ask for (imo).
BUT Claire is no Stéphanie and so that is were the slip lies.

A report/ video here;

Blauw Bloed: za 21 sep 2013, 19:30 - Uitzending Gemist

from 22:00-28:00 and 32:30 till the end.

It seems that they adapted Coldplay's paradise for the choir.

Many thanks for sharing this Marengo, I was hoping we'd get some kind of video of the wedding. :flowers:

It looked very bright and sunny at the wedding (much brighter than it is in London at the moment), what a nice day to have it. I particularly liked the clip of the ending of the civil wedding where everyone shook hands, it looked like they were all friendly with each other.

Last edited:
If I may advise you, Moonmaiden23, for the next royal wedding (whoever it may be): just wait and see what will happen.
I think we've had our triumph last year, at least I did. Guillaume and Stéphanie are still no. 1 on my list.

But I think I understand where you came from - Félix is Guillaume's brother so there was a certain expectation. Especially since last year's wedding was so anything us as viewers can ask for (imo).
BUT Claire is no Stéphanie and so that is were the slip lies.

Very true Skippy. Maybe my expectations were not realistic and in all fairness we did not see the F/C wedding ceremony in full.

That made a crucial difference.:sad:

Lovely bride and gorgeous dress.
I didn't like that much the guest choices except for Tessy

Does anyone know if Maria Theresa's family come to these weddings? I have never seen any photos of her family but maybe I just don't recognize them when I see them.

Very true Skippy. Maybe my expectations were not realistic and in all fairness we did not see the F/C wedding ceremony in full.

That made a crucial difference.:sad:

I can see how people could feel that way. For me, I did not expect Stephanie to look as spectacular as she did at her own wedding, being she seemed very low key and sort of shy before it. When I saw her in her wedding dress she absolutely blew me away. So maybe I was expecting to be blown away with this wedding when that was not fair. Does any of my mumbo jumbo make sense? LOL I did love Claire's gown, it was soooo beautiful.

Does anyone know if Maria Theresa's family come to these weddings? I have never seen any photos of her family but maybe I just don't recognize them when I see them.

The German magazine BUNTE has a large picture gallery on its front website BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen . However, I do not know how long it will be accessible there.

Picture 16 of 110 shows Catalina Esteve with husband, Antonio Mestre (siblings of Grossherzogin Maria Teresa von Luxemburg)

Picture 17 of 110 shows Luis und Nicole Maistre, brother of Maria Theresa

There might be more pictures with her siblings. But I didn't go through all of them.

Andolini Claire was a gorgeous bride indeed, but I was not blown away by her like I was by Stephanie.

It was too soon after the last exquisite ES Royal wedding gown to be seeing another. It felt anti-climactic and disappointing, I wanted to see something different from Claire.

The German magazine BUNTE has a large picture gallery on its front website BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen . However, I do not know how long it will be accessible there.

Picture 16 of 110 shows Catalina Esteve with husband, Antonio Mestre (siblings of Grossherzogin Maria Teresa von Luxemburg)

Picture 17 of 110 shows Luis und Nicole Maistre, brother of Maria Theresa

Picture 16 shows at left Antonio Mestre who is Maria Teresa's brother from Miami. In the center is Catalina Esteve, Maria Teresa's sister from Geneva. They are not husband and wife, but rather siblings. The man on the right is Victor Batista who is one of Maria Teresa's maternal uncles from Spain.

Picture 17 of 110 shows Luis and Nicole Mestre, brother of Maria Teresa and his wife who live in Lausanne.

Here is the official family picture at Bunte identifying each relative.
http://www.bunte.de/royals/felix-un...ihr-offizielles-hochzeitsfoto-_aid_47087.html

Last edited:
Thank you for posting the bunte pictures. In them, there are some more images of guests who are well dressed.I still can't get over that gown, it is a work of art.
Does anyone have a picture of the mother of the adorable twin flower girls?

We must remember that when Stephanie married she became the Heredity Grand Duchess and is part of the official life. In this case Claire will be a private citizen and the wedding was a family affair.

Thanks Dbarn, but I didnt ask about the bouquet, I asked about photos of the BANQUET ( I mean the meal after the wedding, the tables, the wedding cake , etc, etc, )

Thanks Dbarn, but I didnt ask about the bouquet, I asked about photos of the BANQUET ( I mean the meal after the wedding, the tables, the wedding cake , etc, etc, )

LOL oh sorry. There were some pictures on Facebook taken by the bride's makeup artist. I've not seen banquet photos as yet.

So sweet. When little Noah approaches Claire and Felix with the wedding rings, the priest says,

"May I tell you a secret? It is Prince Noah's birthday." Noah turned six on their wedding day!

The bride and groom looked very happy and it`s always good to see.
The dress is not exactly my favorite, but still really beautiful. I especially like the long sleeves and high neckline!
I think taht the best dressed guests were Tessy and archduchess Gabriella.

I have question, well, not about wedding itself, but Claire's engagement ring.
Does anybody notice her ring on these pictures? I'd always thought that her engagement ring is this one:
http://t.imgbox.com/abbZW6Ex.jpg

but in pictures from civil and church wedding, it seems totally different and bigger:
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gabriele+Lademacher+Schneider+Prince+Felix+brzzLa2M2FIl.jpg
http://static.tatler.ru/iblock/747/429x600_Quality100_181443474.jpg

Sorry, but I haven't better pictures.

@ Ofelia: Unfortunately I do not know exactly which one is her engagement ring, but it also seems to me that the ring in the first picture and the ring in the 2.+3rd pictures are slightly different,but I am not 100% sure ;-)

Luxarazzi has most of the wedding in a good video, posted recently. Even the bishop's sermon. Lots of pictures of the family seated in the front rows. Lots of Noah pictures.

The best part was when the choir sang Coldplay's Paradise at the 50 minute mark as their witnesses signed the marriage documents. Very hip and modern--perfect for this couple. I'll bet it was HRH Prince Felix's idea.

Back
Top Bottom