Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher: September 17 and 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they are exactly alike, but they are similar enough to lessen the "wow" factor for me, especially since the last wedding was less than a year ago.

I am surprised and disappointed, even though Claire looks beautiful.

Did the Prince and Princess of Ligne attended? Or one of their children, Princess Alix and Prince Henri?

Did the Prince and Princess of Ligne attended? Or one of their children, Princess Alix and Prince Henri?

All four of them.

By the way, the Grand Duchess wore Armani, the Hereditary Grand Duchess wore Stéphanie le Grelle, Princess Tessy wore Calvin Klein, Gabriele Lademacher wore Dior and the witnesses wore Tadashi Shoji.

Some links to videos can be found here.

THAT gives meaning to the word 'fascinator'. :flowers: Beatrice's headpiece is literally stunning as one would and could not get too close!:lol:

Beatrice is usually the most stylish woman for miles. Very disappointed in her today.:sad:

Oh, great! Any picture of them?

Do you know if Prince Antonio and Princess Christine of Brazil attended? Or any other Orleans-Braganza?

Thank you.

Here you go.

No, haven't see any Bragancas but the photographers only focused on a few guests. It's entirely possible that they were there.

I think they [Lord Nicholas Windsor and his wife, Paola] run in the same circles as Guillaume and Felix. Lady Nicholas' brother was one of Gui's witnesses at his wedding last fall.

Thanks cepe.;)

Lady Nicholas was born Paola Doimi de Lupis Frankopan and, as mentioned above, her brother Lawrence was a witness at Guillaume's wedding. Today, Lawrence Frankopan was also a witness for Prince Felix.

Another brother, Dr. Peter Anthony Frankopan, is married to Jessica Mary Sainsbury who is a member of the grocery dynasty. Their twin daughters, Flora Antonia and Katarina Anna, were the two flower girls at Claire and Felix's wedding.

(Note corrections thanks to Syndey!)

Last edited:
Claire came out of the church without her bouquet so I was wondering what she did with it?

She more than likely left it at an altar or Chapel inside in the Basilica consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. It's a tradition to do that at Catholic weddings.

Thanks Lindy, but I thought Dom LAURENCE "Larry" de Frankopan was Gui's witness?

I believe that it was another brother Don Lawrence that was the witness for both Guillaume and Felix

I looked at some more pictures. Stephanie's "jacket" is sliding down her left shoulder and the left side of her dress is also lower than the right side. This outfit would be great if it fit. Jacket too big or if not too big should be secured at the shoulder so it doesn't slide. Her hat was rollicking, fun-loving, which I gather is the mood of this gathering, so great.
Everyone seemed to be having fun, so it was a great wedding.

The best dressed was Beatrice Borromeo. I realize that is controversial as she was wearing a pants suit, which ordinarily I don't like a lot, but this particular version was just perfect. She wore a lacy insert in the neckline, more modest than modest, but this lace did not look tacked on, just an underblouse. Wow.

Tessy, as always is understated and just right, a beauty who doesn't even have to try.

Thanks Lindy, but I thought Dom LAURENCE "Larry" de Frankopan was Gui's witness?

Lawrence is a very close good friend of both Guillaume and Felix and was indeed a witness at both of their weddings.

Peter is the father of Flora and Katarina who were bridal children today.

Gotta say, I'm so disappointed with Claire's dress. It looks awful. I'm usually a big fan of Ellie Saab, but this was just not done right.

That being said, her make-up and hair were gorgeous. At least she looked thrilled!

I don't think they are exactly alike, but they are similar enough to lessen the "wow" factor for me, especially since the last wedding was less than a year ago.

I am surprised and disappointed, even though Claire looks beautiful.
Elie Saab designs the same kind of dresses season after season. They all look like eachother. Stephanie's wasn't the most original of designs either. It could've easily came straight off the runway.

Perhaps so, but Stephanie's was the first ES Royal bridal gown I had ever seen and it was was spectacular, imo.

Perhaps so, but Stephanie's was the first ES Royal bridal gown I had ever seen and it was was spectacular, imo.
Rania of Jordan wore Elie Saab for her wedding day. But it was awful.
Elie Saab has a formula that works incredibly well and most women feel and look great in his dresses (which is the most important) but it's hardly innovative designing and like I said, all his dresses are similiar.

Yes Brazilian, Alix is stunning. Thanks for that picture, Sydney Lux.

Elie Saab has a formula that works incredibly well and most women feel and look great in his dresses (which is the most important) but it's hardly innovative designing and like I said, all his dresses are similiar.

I would never have guessed that mess beautiful Rania wore was ES. It looked nothing like I have ever seen on the ES runway and it certainly bore no resemblance to HGD's bridal gown so no...in this particular case all his gowns are not similar.

I do agree that he has a certain "look" just like Valentino, whose bridal dresses for Katie Holmes, Sibilla of Luxembourg and Madeleine of Sweden had similarities around the shoulder line and the hemline.

I would never have guessed that mess beautiful Rania wore was ES. It looked nothing like I have ever seen on the ES runway and it certainly bore no resemblance to HGD's bridal gown so no...in this particular case all his gowns are not similar.

I do agree that he has a certain "look" just like Valentino, whose bridal dresses for Katie Holmes, Sibilla of Luxembourg and Madeleine of Sweden had similarities around the shoulder line and the hemline.
Rania got married in the '90's and that time period will not be known for good style. Elie Saab in the 90's was a tacky mess and Halle Berry's Oscars 2002 dress made him famous. His designs have always followed a pattern of the same silhouette/fabrics etc.

Last edited:

Rania didn't wear Elie Saab but Bruce Oldfield!

I loved Claire's dress. She looked wonderful. Very fresh faced and happy and the tiara looked great on her. The veil seemed a bit big, but that's me being picky. Stephanie looked alright, MT's jacked was not tailored well and again, not a fan of the shiny fabric look. Tessy looked nice and this was not a dress that Alexandra pulled off well. I liked Beatrice's pants suit but don't know about wearing it to a wedding at a basilica. And that "thing" she had on her head was just terrible. Good to see the former Grand Duke there.

Why did Alexandra feel that she had to wear a long dress ?

Should Princess Claire wore a tackless shoulderless dress?

:)Frelinghighness.
I agree with you 100%. It seems as though some people were expecting Princess Claire to appear in tackless shoulderless wedding dress. Claire is tall and she wore the dress well.

:flowers:Thirty years from now she would look at that dress and smile and declare that the style is great.

Back
Top Bottom