Prince Felix of Luxembourg and Claire Lademacher: September 17 and 21, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely couple, and what a wonderful celebration with their families. Can't wait to see the religious wedding!

An incredibly elegant and beautiful bride. And, of course, a handsome groom. I can't wait to see them at the religious wedding ;)

The Villa Rothschild is first and foremost a place were German history was written. The building is considered to be the birthplace of the German constitution and thus the Federal Republic of Germany. Today it a hotel as it was sold by the town of Königstein but within the whole of Königstein, you probably couldn't find a building with more historical significance for Claire's home country.
thank you for that information, I learned something today:flowers:

Claire looks amazing! Congratulations to a beautiful couple.
I wish them all the happiness . . . :twohearts::fireworks:

I think everyone will be more relaxed at the religious wedding. Have you looked at the interior of the church where they will be wed? While decorous and historical, it has a spiritual elevating quality, should make everyone feel good.
I too thought MT had lost weight. She perhaps did this for the wedding, starting a while back. Very kind of her to want to do that for Felix and Clare.

My remark about people looking stiff was perhaps because I thought most of the clothing was stiff. Very tailored for the most part, just as Steph's dress was tailored for her civil wedding. There must be something about the clerical nature of the civil wedding which inspires this quality. The burgomaster of course was Mr. Stiff!

Mariel, I have to admit I find your entire post rather confusing..."the clerical nature of the civil wedding"?

And what is "stiff clothing"?

i loved how claire looked even prior to knowing the designer of the dress: now that i know it was jan taminiau who designed it, i am even more of a fan! great choice on a benelux designer, and i'm so happy she decided to take out a leaf out of maxima's style book. claire was obviously as dazzled by maxima's enthronement dress and cape as we were!

Could they not find an Official Civil Monument for their wedding instead of the Kempinski Hotel ?
Great couple such as the Heirs but they will have a completely different life.
The Kempinksi Hotel Villa Rothschild is one of the places where one can have a civil Wedding in Königsstein so everyone can marry there.

i loved how claire looked even prior to knowing the designer of the dress: now that i know it was jan taminiau who designed it, i am even more of a fan! great choice on a benelux designer, and i'm so happy she decided to take out a leaf out of maxima's style book. claire was obviously as dazzled by maxima's enthronement dress and cape as we were!

The one thing I did not like about Claire's outfit were the sharp points of the sleeves. As someone else pointed out, it looked somewhat like a dress that has been on a clothes hanger for a long while.

But I quibble because I think she looked exquisite, just gorgeous.

I hope she knocks it out of the park for her Church ceremony like her sister-in-law Stephanie did.

Congratulations!

Congratulations to the newlyweds and particularly to the newly created Princess Claire.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Prince Felix and the new Princess Claire! :twohearts: :luxflag:

They both look very happy. I thought their car was fun and I liked how the numberplate said "Felix and Claire". I know this one has only just gone, but I'm looking forward into the religious ceremony. I wonder what her dress will be like. Stephanie's dress was beautiful so I have high hopes for Claire's. :)

Last edited:
Thanks, Sydney, for your wonderful first hand and thorough report of the wedding!

Ah, has Felix lost his beard / designer stubble. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gabriel was so adorable in Gui's wedding last year! Now we will see Noah as well!

Yes Breffney...thank goodness Felix shaved the beard off for tomorrow's ceremony.;)

The Basilica looks so very ancient, almost like a ruin from the outside.

Another beautiful Grand Ducal wedding...can't wait until tomorrow!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Moonmaiden, sorry, I got my words mixed up when I referred to the "clerical nature of the civil wedding." I meant "clerical" not in the religious sense used today but in the older use concerning people who keep records and perform official acts which bind people to contracts. Very UNreligious. I have been studying some things about 12th century Scotland and about "clerical" use then, such as that of the High Steward of Scotland keeping the king's financial records on a "checkerboard", which later came to be used in reference to the "chancellor of the exchequer". So all mixed up in that era and that language. It was a different language the English used at that time, with many words changed meaning over the many years to now.
The reference to stiff clothing at the civil wedding just meant that everything was highly tailored, but "stiff" is perhaps a better word, since unstiff clothes can be highly tailored.
I would expect much more flowing, decorated, and feminine clothing on the women at the religious ceremony at St. Maxamin on Saturday, than at the civil ceremony. the use of the old cathedral is fascinating....a truly historical gem. Should be a wow!

will the event be broadcast somewhere? or there will be just a video of the event afterwards?

Please, can anyone give the link to wath the wedding online?? I am looking for it but I can not find it

Back
Top Bottom