The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, United States
Posts: 164
Moonmaiden 23,

The definition of a shoulderless dress and a strapless dress is define depending on the era one was raised.

A Shoulderless dress means that the bodice from the bust up is omitted.(including the upper part of the back of the bodice).

While a Strapless dress; a narrow strip of material (shoulder strap) worn over the shoulder can hold/support the back and front of a dress/frock together.

The Designer's Tailoring and Sewing Encyclopaedia can explain this for us.

I wish others can add their opinion on this subject.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 5,688
Fashion wise, this was one of the worst Royal weddings ever, imo. It was a sartorial hodge podge with some of the guests looking as if they were going to lunch at the Plaza in NYC...and others as if they were headed for a yacht party.

The only true standouts were the bride and her attendants, but even the bride did not truly blow me away.

I got all hyped up for this wedding and I wish I hadn't.
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda Thomas View Post
Moonmaiden 23,

The definition of a shoulderless dress and a strapless dress is define depending on the era one was raised.

A Shoulderless dress means that the bodice from the bust up is omitted.(including the upper part of the back of the bodice).

While a Strapless dress; a narrow strip of material (shoulder strap) worn over the shoulder can hold/support the back and front of a dress/frock together.

The Designer's Tailoring and Sewing Encyclopaedia can explain this for us.

I wish others can add their opinion on this subject.
I refer to a shoulderless dress as "off-the-shoulder", like Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore. And her sister Madeleine.
Strapless doesn't have any straps or shoulder coverage at all, look at any general Hollywood star.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Fashion wise, this was one of the worst Royal weddings ever, imo. It was a sartorial hodge podge with some of the guests looking as if they were going to lunch at the Plaza in NYC...and others as if they were headed for a yacht party.

The only true standouts were the bride and her attendants, but even the bride did not truly blow me away.

I got all hyped up for this wedding and I wish I hadn't.
If I may advise you, Moonmaiden23, for the next royal wedding (whoever it may be): just wait and see what will happen.
I think we've had our triumph last year, at least I did. Guillaume and Stéphanie are still no. 1 on my list.

But I think I understand where you came from - Félix is Guillaume's brother so there was a certain expectation. Especially since last year's wedding was so anything us as viewers can ask for (imo).
BUT Claire is no Stéphanie and so that is were the slip lies.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:54 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
A report/ video here;

Blauw Bloed: za 21 sep 2013, 19:30 - Uitzending Gemist

from 22:00-28:00 and 32:30 till the end.

It seems that they adapted Coldplay's paradise for the choir.
Many thanks for sharing this Marengo, I was hoping we'd get some kind of video of the wedding.

It looked very bright and sunny at the wedding (much brighter than it is in London at the moment), what a nice day to have it. I particularly liked the clip of the ending of the civil wedding where everyone shook hands, it looked like they were all friendly with each other.
__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 09-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 5,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
If I may advise you, Moonmaiden23, for the next royal wedding (whoever it may be): just wait and see what will happen.
I think we've had our triumph last year, at least I did. Guillaume and Stéphanie are still no. 1 on my list.

But I think I understand where you came from - Félix is Guillaume's brother so there was a certain expectation. Especially since last year's wedding was so anything us as viewers can ask for (imo).
BUT Claire is no Stéphanie and so that is were the slip lies.
Very true Skippy. Maybe my expectations were not realistic and in all fairness we did not see the F/C wedding ceremony in full.

That made a crucial difference.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:15 PM
SydneyLux's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Somewhere, Germany
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Luna View Post
I am trying to find some info about the floral tiara Princess Claire was wearing yesterday, anybody who can help me ?
Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Diamond Vine Leaves Tiara
__________________
Luxarazzi * Castles & Co * The Royal Resource
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 09-22-2013, 04:27 PM
soraya's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: somewhere, France
Posts: 681
Lovely bride and gorgeous dress.
I didn't like that much the guest choices except for Tessy
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 09-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: toronto, Canada
Posts: 273
Does anyone know if Maria Theresa's family come to these weddings? I have never seen any photos of her family but maybe I just don't recognize them when I see them.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 09-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Andolini's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Seattle, United States
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Very true Skippy. Maybe my expectations were not realistic and in all fairness we did not see the F/C wedding ceremony in full.

That made a crucial difference.
I can see how people could feel that way. For me, I did not expect Stephanie to look as spectacular as she did at her own wedding, being she seemed very low key and sort of shy before it. When I saw her in her wedding dress she absolutely blew me away. So maybe I was expecting to be blown away with this wedding when that was not fair. Does any of my mumbo jumbo make sense? LOL I did love Claire's gown, it was soooo beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
Does anyone know if Maria Theresa's family come to these weddings? I have never seen any photos of her family but maybe I just don't recognize them when I see them.
The German magazine BUNTE has a large picture gallery on its front website BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen . However, I do not know how long it will be accessible there.

Picture 16 of 110 shows Catalina Esteve with husband, Antonio Mestre (siblings of Grossherzogin Maria Teresa von Luxemburg)

Picture 17 of 110 shows Luis und Nicole Maistre, brother of Maria Theresa

There might be more pictures with her siblings. But I didn't go through all of them.
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 5,688
Andolini Claire was a gorgeous bride indeed, but I was not blown away by her like I was by Stephanie.

It was too soon after the last exquisite ES Royal wedding gown to be seeing another. It felt anti-climactic and disappointing, I wanted to see something different from Claire.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Lindy's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
The German magazine BUNTE has a large picture gallery on its front website BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen . However, I do not know how long it will be accessible there.

Picture 16 of 110 shows Catalina Esteve with husband, Antonio Mestre (siblings of Grossherzogin Maria Teresa von Luxemburg)

Picture 17 of 110 shows Luis und Nicole Maistre, brother of Maria Theresa
Picture 16 shows at left Antonio Mestre who is Maria Teresa's brother from Miami. In the center is Catalina Esteve, Maria Teresa's sister from Geneva. They are not husband and wife, but rather siblings. The man on the right is Victor Batista who is one of Maria Teresa's maternal uncles from Spain.

Picture 17 of 110 shows Luis and Nicole Mestre, brother of Maria Teresa and his wife who live in Lausanne.

Here is the official family picture at Bunte identifying each relative.
http://www.bunte.de/royals/felix-und...aid_47087.html
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,113
Thank you for posting the bunte pictures. In them, there are some more images of guests who are well dressed.I still can't get over that gown, it is a work of art.
Does anyone have a picture of the mother of the adorable twin flower girls?
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 09-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 550
We must remember that when Stephanie married she became the Heredity Grand Duchess and is part of the official life. In this case Claire will be a private citizen and the wedding was a family affair.
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 09-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Noor Mariam's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 320
Are there any photos of the banquet ??
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Are there any photos of the banquet ??
here you go:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2mg1erq.jpg

http://oi40.tinypic.com/332ozrc.jpg

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2w3bxps.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Noor Mariam's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 320
Thanks Dbarn, but I didnt ask about the bouquet, I asked about photos of the BANQUET ( I mean the meal after the wedding, the tables, the wedding cake , etc, etc, )
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor Mariam View Post
Thanks Dbarn, but I didnt ask about the bouquet, I asked about photos of the BANQUET ( I mean the meal after the wedding, the tables, the wedding cake , etc, etc, )
LOL oh sorry. There were some pictures on Facebook taken by the bride's makeup artist. I've not seen banquet photos as yet.
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 09-23-2013, 10:12 AM
Noor Mariam's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Posts: 320
Dont worry, thanks anyway.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
luxembourg, prince felix, princess claire of luxembourg, wedding


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince Félix, Princess Claire and Family, Current Events Part 1 (November 2013 - ) carlota Prince Felix, Princess Claire, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien & Prince Louis with Family 62 06-22-2015 10:09 AM
Prince Félix & Claire Lademacher: Wedding Suggestions & Musings Biri Prince Felix, Princess Claire, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien & Prince Louis with Family 33 08-15-2013 02:47 AM
Prince Félix Engaged to Claire Lademacher: December 13, 2012 principessa Prince Felix, Princess Claire, Princess Alexandra, Prince Sebastien & Prince Louis with Family 130 04-23-2013 11:44 AM




Popular Tags
belgium best outfit brussels camilla carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death denmark duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll funeral hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima nobility official visit photo session picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince floris prince of wales princess claire princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist state visit stockholm sweden the hague victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]