The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Majesty

I don't think they are exactly alike, but they are similar enough to lessen the "wow" factor for me, especially since the last wedding was less than a year ago.

I am surprised and disappointed, even though Claire looks beautiful.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
Is that a hat?

It's so awkward!!
THAT gives meaning to the word 'fascinator'. Beatrice's headpiece is literally stunning as one would and could not get too close!

Old 09-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Did the Prince and Princess of Ligne attended? Or one of their children, Princess Alix and Prince Henri?
Old 09-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Did the Prince and Princess of Ligne attended? Or one of their children, Princess Alix and Prince Henri?
All four of them.

By the way, the Grand Duchess wore Armani, the Hereditary Grand Duchess wore Stéphanie le Grelle, Princess Tessy wore Calvin Klein, Gabriele Lademacher wore Dior and the witnesses wore Tadashi Shoji.

Some links to videos can be found here.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyLux View Post
All four of them.

Oh, great! Any picture of them?

Do you know if Prince Antonio and Princess Christine of Brazil attended? Or any other Orleans-Braganza?

Thank you.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
THAT gives meaning to the word 'fascinator'. Beatrice's headpiece is literally stunning as one would and could not get too close!
Beatrice is usually the most stylish woman for miles. Very disappointed in her today.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Oh, great! Any picture of them?

Do you know if Prince Antonio and Princess Christine of Brazil attended? Or any other Orleans-Braganza?

Thank you.
Here you go.

No, haven't see any Bragancas but the photographers only focused on a few guests. It's entirely possible that they were there.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think they [Lord Nicholas Windsor and his wife, Paola] run in the same circles as Guillaume and Felix. Lady Nicholas' brother was one of Gui's witnesses at his wedding last fall.

Thanks cepe.
Lady Nicholas was born Paola Doimi de Lupis Frankopan and, as mentioned above, her brother Lawrence was a witness at Guillaume's wedding. Today, Lawrence Frankopan was also a witness for Prince Felix.

Another brother, Dr. Peter Anthony Frankopan, is married to Jessica Mary Sainsbury who is a member of the grocery dynasty. Their twin daughters, Flora Antonia and Katarina Anna, were the two flower girls at Claire and Felix's wedding.

(Note corrections thanks to Syndey!)
Old 09-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
Claire came out of the church without her bouquet so I was wondering what she did with it?

She more than likely left it at an altar or Chapel inside in the Basilica consecrated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. It's a tradition to do that at Catholic weddings.

Thanks Lindy, but I thought Dom LAURENCE "Larry" de Frankopan was Gui's witness?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Commoner

I believe that it was another brother Don Lawrence that was the witness for both Guillaume and Felix
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

I looked at some more pictures. Stephanie's "jacket" is sliding down her left shoulder and the left side of her dress is also lower than the right side. This outfit would be great if it fit. Jacket too big or if not too big should be secured at the shoulder so it doesn't slide. Her hat was rollicking, fun-loving, which I gather is the mood of this gathering, so great.
Everyone seemed to be having fun, so it was a great wedding.

The best dressed was Beatrice Borromeo. I realize that is controversial as she was wearing a pants suit, which ordinarily I don't like a lot, but this particular version was just perfect. She wore a lacy insert in the neckline, more modest than modest, but this lace did not look tacked on, just an underblouse. Wow.

Tessy, as always is understated and just right, a beauty who doesn't even have to try.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:54 PM
Majesty

Prince Felix and Ms.Claire Lademacher: Religious Ceremony | Spletnik.ru
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyLux View Post
Thank you so much!

Princess Eleonora is the incarnation of elegance and regal posture (just like her late mother), and Princess Alix is stunning, like always.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Earlier someone asked whether GD Jean was there - yes he was

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/181...eInE%2bg%3d%3d

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Thanks so much for that picture which showed Grand Duke Jean. Am delighted to see him there.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Thanks Lindy, but I thought Dom LAURENCE "Larry" de Frankopan was Gui's witness?
Lawrence is a very close good friend of both Guillaume and Felix and was indeed a witness at both of their weddings.

Peter is the father of Flora and Katarina who were bridal children today.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Gotta say, I'm so disappointed with Claire's dress. It looks awful. I'm usually a big fan of Ellie Saab, but this was just not done right.

That being said, her make-up and hair were gorgeous. At least she looked thrilled!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I don't think they are exactly alike, but they are similar enough to lessen the "wow" factor for me, especially since the last wedding was less than a year ago.

I am surprised and disappointed, even though Claire looks beautiful.
Elie Saab designs the same kind of dresses season after season. They all look like eachother. Stephanie's wasn't the most original of designs either. It could've easily came straight off the runway.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Majesty

Perhaps so, but Stephanie's was the first ES Royal bridal gown I had ever seen and it was was spectacular, imo.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Perhaps so, but Stephanie's was the first ES Royal bridal gown I had ever seen and it was was spectacular, imo.
Rania of Jordan wore Elie Saab for her wedding day. But it was awful.
Elie Saab has a formula that works incredibly well and most women feel and look great in his dresses (which is the most important) but it's hardly innovative designing and like I said, all his dresses are similiar.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

Yes Brazilian, Alix is stunning. Thanks for that picture, Sydney Lux.

Tags
luxembourg, prince felix, princess claire of luxembourg, wedding