Prince Constantijn of The Netherlands and Laurentien Brinkhorst: May 17 & 19, 2001

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
Prince Constantijn of The Netherlands and Laurentien Brinkhorst: May 17 & 19, 2001

Laurentien's gown and tiara were lovely

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more guests: crown prince Haakon of Norway, and his fiancée, Mette-Marit Tjessem Hoiby.
(behind them: prince Laurent of Belgium)

The official wedding pictures

To the church

In church part 1

in church part 2

Carriage tour part 1

Carriage tour part 2

Balcony pictures part 1

Balcony pictures part 2

Balcony pictures part 3

Some pictures from the guests

I like her dress better than Maxima's. I really love her dress. It is sooo princessy and fairy-talish.

they look so happy. i especially love the pictures of the whole wedding party with the children in the foreground. they are playing as if there is nothing going on. how cute.

Thank you.

Her dress was fantastic!!

Actually, the more I look at her dress and veil, it ranks in the top 5 brides in my opinion.

Can someone tell me about Laurentien's family? I read somewhere that her mother is a very "cultured" woman and that her father has a high government post -- can anyone elaborate about the parents? Also, does she have siblings?

Emily said:
Can someone tell me about Laurentien's family? I read somewhere that her mother is a very "cultured" woman and that her father has a high government post -- can anyone elaborate about the parents? Also, does she have siblings?

I don't know much about Jantien, Laurentien's mom, the only thing I know is that she studied with Queen Beatrix in Leiden, just like Laurens-Jan, Laurentien's dad, who is now Minister of Economic Affairs in Holland. And she has one brother, he is called Marius.

I'd like to add some more photos to this thread. I hope you like. I've scanned this pics from Hola magazine.

Family waiting for the couple to enter the church

Philippe and Mathilde of Belgium

Prince Kardam of Bulgaria and wife, Miriam Ungría

Martha-Louise of Norway

Princess Victoria of Sweden

Lovely Picture of Maxima and Mette-Marit

Maxima and Willem-Alexander

Mette-Marit and Prince Haakon of Norway

Counts of Wessex

The couple on the balcony with Queen Beatrix

Maxie said:
I don't know much about Jantien, Laurentien's mom, the only thing I know is that she studied with Queen Beatrix in Leiden, just like Laurens-Jan, Laurentien's dad, who is now Minister of Economic Affairs in Holland. And she has one brother, he is called Marius.

He is vice prime minister as well. I believe Jantien worked as a mannequin in her student years as well, she stil is a very elegant lady. Marius works en lives in London (I believe he works/worked for Shell?) and is married and has at least one child.

Has anybody a picture from princess Marilene at the religious wedding (not the civil wedding!)? I can't find one.

Last edited:
i know. she looked good back then. she still does now, but not as good. prince constantijn remains soo good looking imo :)

lilytornado said:
When did they marry? She looked so pretty back then!

They married in may 2001.

Credits to SeegerPress and Olympia:

Back
Top Bottom