Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It must have been a hard day for Princess Madeleine. At the final stages of my pregnancy I was happy for every second I could lay down to rest.

I don't particularly enjoy pop music in weddings, not because it is not traditional, but because a church wedding is after all a religious ceremony where music should fit into the liturgy and serve liturgical purposes. Catholic and Anglican weddings do that very well, coming from different traditions. I don't know a lot about the (Lutheran) Church of Sweden though.

You expressed my feelings well, better than I did. All Christian churches are-in the end- houses of worship, built to glorify God. No matter what the occasion...baptism, wedding, funeral...the music can and should fit into the liturgy. Pop music does not give due honor to God and therefore doesn't belong in the Lord's House, any more than liturgical music belongs in a night club.

So, I suppose that officially makes me Culturally Biased, doesn't it? I'll go out and have a T-shirt made soon!;)

Last edited:
SVT is no longer streaming live for me, at least. So I guess the waltz is not going to be shown? Or did they choose not to have one? Anyone know? They were speaking about it at the end on SVT but sadly I don't have a word of Swedish.

Didn't see what you mean myself but by tradition Bernadotte brides have worn myrtle in their hair since the wedding of Gustav VI Adolf and Margareth of Connaught. I think I've heard mentioned that Ingrid brought the tradition with her to Denmark as well.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh, that makes sense, thanks! I know it's sometimes included in a bouquet.

That was quite the wedding cake! I hope they dance soon, I've been sitting here for faaar too long watching this haha.

The link broke down for me as well. It's now working again.

Sophie walks liker her feet hurt or her heels are too high.

She does poor thing but she still managed to say something that made Princess Takamado crack up in laughter.

She does poor thing but she still managed to say something that made Princess Takamado crack up in laughter.

I think they must joke at how far they have just ad to walk!

Sophie walks liker her feet hurt or her heels are too high.

I think her feet probably hurt. To be fair, she wasn't the only one walking a little gingerly. And at least she didn't crash into a table.... :eek:

Edward and Sophie seem to be enjoying themselves despite her feet problem.

I think her feet probably hurt. To be fair, she wasn't the only one walking a little gingerly. And at least she didn't crash into a table.... :eek:

I did see one who did before entering the gallery

I didn't see Maxima, Mary and Frederik at the dance. Did they leave early like some of the other guests?

I looked the Waltz. The only foreign Queen I saw was the Queen of Norway.

After Milan and Stockholm Queen Mathilde left before dinner because to-morrow it is Fathers's Feast in Belgium.

I love the wedding dress, not quite original (it strongly reminds me of Kate's dress) but very lovely

I didn't see Maxima, Mary and Frederik at the dance. Did they leave early like some of the other guests?

I would like to ask the same question :)

Maybe Frederik can't dance after his bike "ride" yesterday ;)

If they're like me they skipped the waltz and went to the bar for a drink...

If they're like me they skipped the waltz and went to the bar for a drink...

I assume they probably left early.

Sofia's wedding gown can be decribed just like " classic elegance". Not original, but suitable and appropriate. In a way it reminded me of D&K Kate Middleton's and Isabella Orsini's gown. Maybe it's about more or less similar fabric and lace.

I didn't like the kind of tones of music in a church. Church is not for a party, but everybody with its traditions.

I was pretty surprised by crowds that followed bride and groom.

About Madeleine, I can't imagine how she stood until the end of ceremony.

To end, it was definitely not the worst royal wedding.

Has Queen Margrethe also left ?

I think she has and Frederik and Mary have left too. I didn't saw Maxima either.

Frederik's legs and body must be so sore by now after his 300 km. on bicycle whole last night. Think he sleeps well to night :D

Frederick really rode 300km by bike?? :eek:

He did :notworthy: In 9 hours and 22 minutes. He started last night at. 7:32 pm and reached the goal line early this morning at. 4:52 am.

That's why I think he sleeps well tonight ;-)

Biking is popular amongst royals, it seems. Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth-Mills (a.k.a. Prince Nicolae of Romania) is also very active on the bike these days.

According to Aftonbladet, Avicii has just landed to Arlanda Airport, he comes from the Netherlands to play at the wedding. Aftonbladet tells also that part of the guests are leaving.

Back
Top Bottom