Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen Queen Mathilde among the guests either. Maybe she couldn't attend the banquet.

Queen Mathilde has other engagements this weekend and left after the ceremony.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Sofia has with the help of some friends written a song to CP. The friends, who also performs are the popsinger couple Molly Sandén & Danny Saucedo

Last edited by a moderator:
King Philippe couldn't attend because he is busy preparing himself for his state visit to China.

Sofia has with the help of some friends written a song to CP. The friends, who also performs are the popsinger couple Molly Sandén & Danny Saucedo

CP looked so emotional and touched. They are so sweet together :)

Mette always gets teary at weddings. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I do hope someone posts a translation of his speech, it sounded like it was very sweet! I've been watching all day and have been enjoying it, even if I don't understand much of what is being said. Also - I may have missed this in an earlier post but what was in Sophia's hair? It looked like a leaf?

I still can't used to Sofia being a princess but her wedding dress is absolutely gorgeous. At the same simple and sophisticated, it suits her perfectly. Sofia is a lovely bride.

I do hope someone posts a translation of his speech, it sounded like it was very sweet! I've been watching all day and have been enjoying it, even if I don't understand much of what is being said. Also - I may have missed this in an earlier post but what was in Sophia's hair? It looked like a leaf?

Didn't see what you mean myself but by tradition Bernadotte brides have worn myrtle in their hair since the wedding of Gustav VI Adolf and Margareth of Connaught. I think I've heard mentioned that Ingrid brought the tradition with her to Denmark as well.

:previous: ... Princess Margret of Connaught brought the tradition over from England, where Queen Victoria had introduced it from Germany. Didn't Prince Albert bring a myrtly cutling from Germany for her? It's a very long family tradition and I love that they are keeping it up.

Does anyone have videos of the service? I couldn't watch it and would like to see it.
Thanks.

So far Queen Maxima is the best dressed lady for me. Sophie's, The Countess of Wessex, dress is just all right. Princess Takamado's shiny ensemble is somewhat disappointing.

I must confess, that today is the first time that i heard of Princess Takamado, but i think she looks wonderful. Very classy.

My favorite of the older ladies, is Queen Margrethe. She is aging with grace, love how she is not afraid of her white/grey hair and wears her years like a really Queen and that makes her very sympathetic.

Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine look stunning,QMII is wearing the red gown from her 75th birthday gala.I don't like Crown Princess Mette Marit's outfit.

It's hard to believe that Mette Marit will be Queen one day. Her dress...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have videos of the service? I couldn't watch it and would like to see it.
Thanks.

Check page 13 of thia thread (post 259) for a link and instructions.

I must confess, that today is the first time that i heard of Princess Takamado, but i think she looks wonderful. Very classy.
She has also attended Princess Madeleine's wedding two years ago. I can't remember if she attended also Victoria's wedding.

She has also attended Princess Madeleine's wedding two years ago. I can't remember if she attended also Victoria's wedding.
She didn't attend Victoria's wedding. Iirc, the Crown Prince attended that wedding without CP Masako. So Princess Takamado was not needed as representative.
I agree that she is a very regal, dignified and elegant person. I really enjoy seeing her.

There is nothing wrong with seeing some similarities in Sofia and Catherine's wedding dress. I too thought about it.

The Swedish royals have shown us that royal weddings don't have to be stiff and starchy event. You can maintain class and dignity, all while bringing a new sense of joyful celebration to the event. I know Edward and Sophie enjoyed that.

I thought he same thing when I saw the dress.

As for the wedding not being stiff, I really wish they'd dispense with those awful pop songs they seem to like so much. I think they are so tacky.

The wedding cake is being served now.

Just saw some highlights of the wedding. Very sweet. The groom looked beyond happy, Sofia looked radiant and her dress, veil, hair and tiara were pitch-perfect. It all worked. :flowers: I'm very happy for her. I hope she has a baby within the first year. ;)

I noticed trees in the wedding chapel. Might that be an inspiration from William and Kate's wedding? For me that was always the stand-out from that wedding, and I liked seeing the birch trees (I think they were) here at this wedding.

I don't see anything about Sofia's wedding gown to think it was copied from Catherine's. The bodice portion of Sofia's gown is very different in effect from Catherine's. All-in-all, Sofia's wedding gown was a win-win imo. She made it more figure-hugging with a simple draping, really nice, and the veil was lovely.

Sofia is a very natural presence, she has confidence having been an actress and her voice is quite lovely. She's going to do well. There was a good feeling among all the family members. (Madeleine was amazing to watch. So pregnant). A very happy family affair. Now the King and Queen can breath a sigh of relief, all the children are married. :p

Last edited:
She didn't attend Victoria's wedding. Iirc, the Crown Prince attended that wedding without CP Masako. So Princess Takamado was not needed as representative.
I agree that she is a very regal, dignified and elegant person. I really enjoy seeing her.

Thanks for the clarification. I've checked, and indeed the Japanese representative at Victoria's wedding was the Crown Prince.
Prince Takamado instead represented Japan at Madeleine's wedding, as I recalled.

It's hard to believe that Mette Marit will be Queen one day. Her dress...

Look at the dress her MIL wore today. She still has a long way to go to approach that level!

A selfiebox was set up outside the church for the guests to have their picture taken & then printed with the bridal couples monogram on it

Regarding all the comments about the lace gowns vs the satin and silk gowns worn by other royals, my thinking is maybe the lace isn't so heavy, and it is usually a little cooler. Nothing is sadder than a poor bride who starts looking a little bedraggled from the heat.

Plus, I would rather see the beautiful lace, than the strapless or tiny sleeved gowns in a wedding. Lace gives you a little freedom, yet you are still modestly attired. Sofia looked radiant today, and I loved her tiara. That was just beautiful.

Just saw some highlights of the wedding. Very sweet. The groom looked beyond happy, Sofia looked radiant and her dress, veil, hair and tiara were pitch-perfect. It all worked. :flowers: (I'm very happy for her. I hope she has a baby within the first year. ;) )

I noticed trees in the wedding chapel. Might that be an inspiration from William and Kate's wedding? For me that was always the stand-out from that wedding, and I liked seeing the birch trees (I think they were) here at this wedding.

I don't see anything about Sofia's wedding gown to think it was copied from Catherine's. The bodice portion of Sofia's gown is very different in effect from Catherine's. All-in-all, Sofia's wedding gown was a win-win imo. She made it more figure-hugging with a simple draping, really nice, and the veil was lovely.

Sofia is a very natural presence, she has confidence having been an actress and her voice is quite lovely. She's going to do well. There was a good feeling among all the family members. (Madeleine was a amazing to watch. So pregnant). A very happy family affair. Now the King and Queen can breath a sigh of relief, all the children are married. :p

Probably their sons/daughter-in-law are not exactly how the King and Queen imagined them when their children were little, but in the end they are all happily married (especially CP and Victoria) and their parents seem to be happy about it.

It's still going on? :ermm: Where are you seeing that?

I'm watching it on SVT. It is mostly commentary , interviews and clips of the wedding, but they cut live to the palace at key moments e.g. banquet speeches, the cake, etc.

Back
Top Bottom