Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist: June 13, 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited by a moderator:
Did the crowd boooing him when he said that Sweden is a warm country full of love ? If so, SHAME on them !!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact she didn't cover up her tattoo.

No point in covering it...the whole world has seen it already anyway.

LaRae

I love the king leading the cheer like a football coach, a real family wedding

I didn't notice her tattoo I saw a beautiful and happy bride. It is a part of her and we all have seen it so why hide it if it were a problem she could have had it removed but she hasn't.

Although I agree that he was wrongfully stripped of his title. Has Prince CP ever given any indication he feels this way? Perhaps he feels like he dodged a bullet? Not everyone wants to be saddled with that.

LaRae

But the huge majority of the Swedes are very happy today that Victoria is nr 1 and not Carl-Philip.

Carl-Philip has (ofcourse) not said anything at all about that matter.

Oh for pete's sake this was their wedding and they had what they wanted . As did Victoria and Madeleine. If it were a problem none of them would have had what they wanted for their weddings. Some people will never accept Sofia and that is sad.

Amen, Princess Carmen! And for those who won't accept Sofia, that's just their little red wagon. My daddy always told me "Not everyone is going to love you" and that's just a cold hard fact of life. So if they don't like her, whatever. Whether they accept her nor not is irrelevant. She married a prince who adores her and I think they're just plain jealous!!:lol:

But the huge majority of the Swedes are very happy today that Victoria is nr 1 and not Carl-Philip.

Carl-Philip has (ofcourse) said anything at all about that matter.

Well yes because it's what they know...she's been raised to be the heir after the title was taken from Carl Phillip. If it had been him they would be happy he was the heir.

But like I said...he may be happy he is NOT the heir. Much more freedom.

LaRae

Well I really enjoyed the wedding. I loved the dress and the music too.

I think they had the wedding they wanted and deserved. It was certainly beautiful enough to have the bride, the groom, Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine, Queens Mathilde and Maxima, Fred, Mary and Mette Marit (and that's just what I saw) all feeling the love with tears, so they must have done a whole lot right, music niggles or not.

How sweet of QS to carry Sofia's bouquet so she can walk up the stairs holding CP's hand.

Well yes because it's what they know...she's been raised to be the heir after the title was taken from Carl Phillip. If it had been him they would be happy he was the heir.

LaRae

That's not certain. A lot is is also depending on Victorias and Carl-Philips personalites and many people doesn't like his shy and reserved personality. This is really the WRONG day to say something negative but the thruth is that most Swedes sees him as just shy and lazy. Don't know if that can be "trained away".

When I saw Sofia enterring my first impression was Claudia Cardinale in the Film "le Guépard" ...long time ago......

That's not certain. A lot is is also depending on Victorias and Carl-Philips personalites and many people doesn't like his shy and reserved personality. This is really the WRONG day to say something negative but the thruth is that most Swedes sees him as just shy and lazy. Don't know if that can be "trained away".

He would of been raised differently if he was the heir. Naturally things would of been different with him, from how he is now. His laziness (or perceived laziness) may be because he has had nothing he's really ambitious about.

Nothing wrong with shy...but perhaps that would of been overcome had he been raised as the heir.

LaRae

Great pixes! Thanks for sharing.

Sofia Hellqvist's wedding dress revealed - hellomagazine.com

the dress looks similar with Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress...............

Wow. Hello moves pretty fast, eh? :lol:

I think they had the wedding they wanted and deserved. It was certainly beautiful enough to have the bride, the groom, Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine, Queens Mathilde and Maxima, Fred, Mary and Mette Marit (and that's just what I saw) all feeling the love with tears, so they must have done a whole lot right, music niggles or not.

To be fair, Queen Maxima is known to shed tears a lot, so I guess she doesn't really count as evidence !

I think the emotion was real and honest. The tiara is apparently a gift from the King and Queen I read this on another forum.

I have lots of things to say about the Swedish royal courts PR-department, but the court sure knows how to pull off a great wedding.

When it comes to the music in the church, it wasn't what I would pick, but nothing strange about it. The big exception: Joyful, joyful at the end! How great was that? Simply an amazing way to walk out of the church :)

LaRae
Well, in the first place, that title belonged to Victoria first, but because of Male-preference law, when Carl-Philip was born, he took that title from his sister. At 7 months, at the will of the people, the title returned to Victoria, since it was established primogeniture law.

About the look of the Bride, she was beautiful indeed. I like her dress BUT where are those times of Maxima, MM, Letizia, Mathilde, Mary, where we would see a bridal gown that looks diferent? Nowadays, evey bride just uses lace and the same type of dresses. To me is boring, of course, it's their choice, but I miss something diferent than the "boring" trend of bridal gown that everyone seems to like.

I really enjoyed this wedding. It was full of joy and full of love.

I was surprised at how short it was compared to our Irish Roman Catholic ceremonies. Approximately 40 minutes in length from the time Sofia entered the church to the time she and Carl Philip departed as man and wife.

I thought that Sofia looked very beautiful. Her dress was gorgeous and I love how she wore her hair. She looked very regal.

At which time will the wedding speeches be held?

Thank you about the comment about broad generalizations. However, I will make one! All of us americans on this thread are a rare breed to even know there is a srf!

You got that right! My friends and family don't have a clue..they think I am nuts!:lol:

I really enjoyed this wedding. It was full of joy and full of love.

I was surprised at how short it was compared to our Irish Roman Catholic ceremonies. Approximately 40 minutes in length from the time Sofia entered the church to the time she and Carl Philip departed as man and wife.

I thought that Sofia looked very beautiful. Her dress was gorgeous and I love how she wore her hair. She looked very regal.

Protestant weddings are short because the wedding properly is not held within a full mass as it is normally the case in the Catholic church. When Philippe of Belgium, Felipe of Spain and Guillaume of Luxembourg got married (with a full mass), it took forever !

I'm not sure how I feel about the fact she didn't cover up her tattoo.

Well it was unfortunate but what could she do? Body makeup to try and cover it would have rubbed off onto the lace veil:sad:.

Sofia Hellqvist's wedding dress revealed - hellomagazine.com

the dress looks similar with Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress...............

Hello! is becoming a sillier rag than the Daily Fail.

If Sofia gets pregnant and has a boy first they will say she copied Kate.:lol:

Well, in the first place, that title belonged to Victoria first, but because of Male-preference law, when Carl-Philip was born, he took that title from his sister. At 7 months, at the will of the people, the title returned to Victoria, since it was established primogeniture law.

About the look of the Bride, she was beautiful indeed. I like her dress BUT where are those times of Maxima, MM, Letizia, Mathilde, Mary, where we would see a bridal gown that looks diferent? Nowadays, evey bride just uses lace and the same type of dresses. To me is boring, of course, it's their choice, but I miss something diferent than the "boring" trend of bridal gown that everyone seems to like.

As to the gowns of yesterday, maybe today's brides prefer a lighter look. Of the brides you mentioned, my standouts were Mette-Marit, whose gown was so simple and stunning, and Letizia's gown was dramatic as it was beautiful. Maxima had the most beautiful bridal veil I've seen in a long time. That lace trim was so lovely. I haven't seen anything to rival it. Letizia's veil came in a close second but it can't beat Maxima's.

Hello! is becoming a sillier rag than the Daily Fail.

If Sofia gets pregnant and has a boy first they will say she copied Kate.:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom